1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

CSK Suggestion Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Contrary, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

This is the place for both suggestions on the CSK format and the way it is organized.

The current format is:

5v5 CTF with default settings.

Map pool:
    1.png 2.png 3.png 4.png 5.png

The current issue atm is that matches can potentially last indefinitely. Suggestions?

Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
  2. Beef

Beef ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ ก้้้้้้้้้้้ Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Limit resources.

Not necessarily smaller maps, but less stone within those maps.

3. gotta iron out the map pool and wait for the meta to shape. we saw one insanely long match and one clean sweep. imho too early to judge stuff.

definitely need maps with less resources though

4. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Better maps

5. Boea

Boea Such Beta

Less Lusty Avatars.
    Put honeypots in the bedrock.
    Separate Underground and Overground very strongly with bedrock, and an opening at middle landmasses.

6. Contrary

Please elaborate on your suggestions, like instead of "better maps" maybe "smaller maps with fewer resources and maps farther away from the spawn tent, in order to reduce stalemate like we saw in x v y match round 2." etc

7. JoshTG

JoshTG Ballista Bolt Thrower

Less crazy looking maps, some of these look too intense for a competitive standpoint

8. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I would strongly prefer matches with locked classes. I know a lot of people wouldn't, but I feel that it'll focus the team more and show each person at their strongest. I do think that swapping out classes during the round is also good (More realistic anyway) but like, idk. Locked classes determined at start just sounds smarter.

9. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

You know, how about people who actually played with these settings actually make suggestions instead?

10. JoshTG

I understand, i guess i cant really say anything, i only meant that last map though.

11. Contrary

Feedback from anyone is appreciate so long as its backed up by solid evidence and reasoning. Though obviously opinions with experience carry a little more weight.

So maps is the number one issue for most people. I don't really play CTF myself so I don't know what qualifies as a good CTF map. If anyone has specific map suggestions or would like to contribute maps please do so. All changes will be implemented next round of matches.

Also, what do people think about a 45 min timer? I mean I really don't think people want to play matches longer than that.

12. kedram

kedram Drill Rusher Tester

well i personally like maps that are straight forward and allow only one way to the enemy base. none of that tunneling nonsense :P.

13. JoshTG

Any ctf map that has alot of stone, ends up being a very long match, with 2 huge bases and a clusterfuck battle between them.

14. well i do, since i dont like the idea of playing a map for 45 minutes and then having it finished as a draw and then having to play another map instead

15. Verrazano

Verrazano Flat Chested Haggy Old Souless Witchy Witch Witch THD Team Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. Practitioners of War Extreme Revolution - POWER

maximum of 2 flags

16. RogueCupcake

RogueCupcake Haxor Official Server Admin

I agree with Verrazano, any match with more that 2 flags is going to last a lifetime unless the team is super pro.

17. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

45 minutes seems too long for me, but it migth eb ok.
    I find the option of changing classes at any moment very appropiate, as it is very kaggish, for what I've played last months. It could be good to have restricted classes, eventhough i don't like the idea. The buildings were too cheap imo, and we could get easily any item; this could help to avoid stalemates though.

6v6 could be an option for certain maps,

18. SpideY

SpideY Hear Me Roar Staff Alumni Donator

We did just play a clan war this afternoon against ZEN and it was really cool.

About rules :
    • 5vs5, 6vs6
    • Best of 3 rounds
    • Small maps only (i selected Snatchmark, MonsteriCTF, MonsteriCTF2, MonsteriCTF3, JTG_FirstBadlands, Rayne_KingArthursPond)
    • 20 minutes per round
    • 60 seconds for building phase
    • Free classes during building phase
    • Free classes during the match
    It was short and cool.

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  19. JTG

JTG Bison Rider Tester

20. fuck no