1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Sea battle map.

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by xAtticusxx, Dec 15, 2013.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. xAtticusxx

xAtticusxx Bison Rider

I believe that there isn't enough ocean maps where players fight with boats. I was playing and i felt that most maps are ground oriented. I'm suggesting maps with two lands masses on left and right sides of the map and a big ocean in between for sea battles. Creative battles like this make the game even more worth it! The idea of ships clashing with arrows, swords, and bombs spewing at each other gives me the shivers.

(This is my first time on this forum and i thought i'd put my idea out there as a player who started playing A LOT two days ago. Thanks for reading!)

bobotype and Sir_Walter like this.
  2. Aphelion

Aphelion Wunderkind Donator
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I believe this would be best off in the Modding section. Though, i have been planning to make a map like you described.

3. xAtticusxx

xAtticusxx Bison Rider

I assumed that the the dev makes the maps for multiplayer? I also believe this is an idea/suggestion. It can be for map makers, admins, and who ever else. ^.^
    Thank you tho
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 17, 2013, Original Post Date: Dec 15, 2013 ---
    Bump

4. Landoo2

Landoo2 Ballista Bolt Thrower

this is a very nice idea, i miss the ocean maps in ctf, mostly there are just land maps, with just little water areas, not enough to flood the world. it would be really fun, if 10 guys row a warboat :) and one would be on ballista/cata and would make the enemy ships sinking.

Sir_Walter likes this.
  5. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Bumps aren't really needed in a section where there's a new thread every other few days.

Maps can be made by anyone that knows how to make them, and even you. Few suggestible people are @JTG @Kouji @Fellere825, etc

Apronymous and BlueLuigi like this.
  6. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

If it was all completely water, how would you get the bombs/etc you might need without modding in ships that can do that? You'd also probably need to start on land to some extent for building purposes.

7. Saigon

Saigon Builder Stabber

If the large map had smaller (or one medium) island between the 2 starting islands it would be somewhat oayish, but if the inbetween was ONLY water, I wouldn't enjoy it.

BlueLuigi likes this.
  8. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

I think a map with a small island to spawn on that is 1 flag ctf or only two bases would be OK of an idea. I have thought about a map like this before, but there a few problems that make it a waste.

Once someone's boat shop is gone, how do they get across the map? You expect people to swim all the way to the other base? Really boring and not fun.

Boat V. Boat battles are just basically a spam fest of bombs and double slashes. People get spawn immunity, jump over to the other person's boat, kill them with their immunity, and then the process repeats until one boat is destroyed. Again, really boring and not fun.

If you are on an island, there are restricted resources. But not only that, to get to them, you have to destroy the limited land you can build on.

IMO, having a map that is more water than land just isn't a good idea. Though, having a map that is something like 60% land and 40% water would be great. A big map that can take a hour or more to win on.

Sir_Walter likes this.
  9. Crabmaster

Crabmaster Bison Rider
    1. Zen Laboratories

I sorta have some sea battle maps...I need a server to test them on though...The one has two small islands on either side and then an island in the middle, and the other literally takes place on two ships in the ocean!

[​IMG]
    I am curious how a map like this would play...

10. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

@Crabmaster

There was one on Classic just like this. I <3'd it.

What I would suggest though is moving the flag at the front of the ship to the other pillar like the one on the shorter one.

@hierbo

I will love you forever if you have a server for this.

Mods: Rainbows