1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Build 190 released!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by MM, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Darcia

Darcia Chief Fur Love Director <3 Donator Tester

These are all very interesting features, and it does play fairly well. However it feels like a completely different game now, and I’m at the point where I am playing KAG but I miss playing KAG.
    I want to play a war without unit counts and workshops, where knights can destroy walls, and where there are no time constraints. Is there any chance of an arcade mode in the future? =[

2. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

The former and latter of those is entirely possible just by changing server settings. I'd like to see some servers without unit count to be honest. As for knights destroying walls, that would be a nice setting to have. It's obvious that most servers love to stick to default settings and only edit player count because of the massive lack of differentiation seen between servers, even now, when there are more things to toggle.

Noburu likes this.
  3. THIS. On skyisland map it's really annoying.
    BTW: I really love new build. Knight pushes can't do too much but knights can do Batman to fly over your defenses so structures must be built in another way. And fight builder is a good thing. And climbing trees. And workshops. And almost everything is cool.

Noburu likes this.
  4. Miczu

Miczu Shopkeep Stealer

Took me like 5 min (exaggerated) until I figured out how to change class. Why can't I just left click it if I ether way have to use mouse to select class.

Hold F to change class, move cursor over it (if you click it hide menu) and let go F button. I don't mind the current one but not supporting LMB isn't that intuitive (just throwing it out there).

EDIT: or E, still you can see my point.

Corpse likes this.
  5. Static

Static Shopkeep Stealer

I still haven't figured how to change class :s I even watched the vid.

6. illu

illu En Garde! Donator Tester

What he means is:
    • While standing in front of an outpost or tent, press and hold [E].
    • The "CHANGE CLASS" menu appears. Move your mouse cursor to one of the three icons.
      screen-11-10-27-00-05-24.png
    • Release [E] while your cursor is at one of the icons.
    • Success! You changed your class.

Static likes this.
  7. Bandwagonman

Bandwagonman Shopkeep Stealer

I don't really mind the stock count, never really did.
    What I do mind is being moved to the team with no stock after they've lost it all.
    That, and that every game I've played (except one) has been a war to the death instead of a game of CTF.

8. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

yes the autobalancer is incredibly frustrating at times. when i've just finished crippling the other team's defenses or they've lost all their lives, i don't want to suddenly switch sides

Ej, Beef, Strathos and 5 others like this.
  9. Miaow

Miaow The Fanciest Pants always wins Donator Tester

Customisable taunts and hotkeys pls :D
    Eg, switch 3 from sadface to the finger and change 4 from whatever it is to a taunt!

Rayne likes this.
  10. Static

Static Shopkeep Stealer

Thanks mate!!!

Worked like a dream!

illu likes this.
  11. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

So I finally got my hands on the test build, but I don't want to write an essay for it because that's what we've been doing in school all day long this week.

I didn't play it for so long, so I might still yet change my mind on some things.

t0rchic likes this.
  12. Monsteri, as far as I know when flag is "fallen" at The Bottom it's impossible to remove it. Maybe some ultralow skrybridge would work, but I haven't done anything like this.
    And 3life workers are really good feature. Now, when they're needed on the battlefield they need this to survive >3 seconds.

13. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Yeah, now that I've played more (and for long I did play, huh) I agree. Builders 3 hearts is just fine. I also like very much the archer arrows, it's harder now but really fun, and they're not so uber in close combat.

The game usually goes to catapult wars, but I don't see a big problem in that. Though skybridge catapult wars I hate.
    I think that the old physics should be brought back, but with 10 blocks limit or something and no support needed when building downwards.

Edited the post.

Edit: My only real issue with this build is the boring scenario when both teams run sometimes out of units. Then it becomes hide'n'sneek-like, no one is brave enough to attack the enemies. So I really would like that when teams run out, it'd only disable respawning for some time. It'd be also kind of a reinforcement thingy, which would be cool.

14. Reactorcore

Reactorcore Shark Slayer

I found a cool bug in this build.

[​IMG]

This is the bottom of the map and I collapsed several stone blocks over it.

By doing so, I have effectively stopped from any other collapses from occuring elsewhere on the map.
    And it also rumbles all the time.

Not something you would see often in a normal game on a normal map, but it could be reproduced with some effort, giving players the ability to create a zero-division generator to stop any collapses.
    Digging will still work, but not on collapsing structures.

15. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

I know what's causing that, we'll likely fix it tonight. Cheers for the report RC.

16. EdgeWing

EdgeWing Shopkeep Stealer

Great Update! , However when you die on a team after No Units , The number of units left are bugged when watching a match after No Units.

17. AHrEJl

AHrEJl Shopkeep Stealer

yup, cant watch match after die, when "no units".

18. RocjawCypher

RocjawCypher Shipwright

I was plaing a 50 person server, and the bombs were so spammed it made old KAG look conserved.
    The reason for this was two different things:
    1. People would spawn with bombs from an outpost. This brought back the old spawn run die spawnrun die thing.
    2. MONEY. EVERYWHERE. there was no reason to buy bombs due to the fact that you were constantly being showered in gibs and unthrown bombs, so people never spent gold, and it began to build up to critical mass. I personaly had 1850 gold at one point in the match, and dropped 500 the next time i died. So, if you wanted bombs you could buy 80 with ease.

I am not sure why this happened, but perhaps a economy style thing would be useful. Say- a number that keeps track of the money in play and makes bombs cost more based on the money per person...

Also, what are the rupe values? I am curious because sometimes it seemed like a green rupee waas worth one, other times it seemed worth 20. Do you have them match up with the zelda values?

19. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

Rocjaw, that's not the case for every server. Some servers will make it so you spawn with bombs. The default is supposed to be 0, which is better. I'd suggest finding a different server to play on.

20. Chrispin

Chrispin KAG Guard Tester

My main concern right now is the map generator. I think there needs to be more trees spread throughout the landscape rather than just at the ends of the map. If you think about it, trees are the most important resource for a good offense. Archers use them for vantage points, builders use them for catapults, outposts, ladders, forward workshops, ect. Also, as an archer I often find it hard to get a sustainable arrow supply in the center of the map. Gold seems a little scarce too if you ask me.

For the future, being able to plant trees would be really nice. It would merge well with archers being able to burn down trees with fire arrows.