1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Mmmmmmm... DRAGONS

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by SamuraiCupcake, Oct 23, 2013.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. SamuraiCupcake

SamuraiCupcake Builder Stabber

Hey guys and girls, I just had an idea for KAG and I just HAD to post it here. I know its a lot of work implementing stuff, but I thought it looked awesome in my head.

I guess this kinda stems from the bull and shark riding that's sort of present at the moment. Also been playing a lot of Monster Hunter. What if there was a dragon in the map, a neutral NPC at the beginning. Disturb him and he'll annihilate you with his breath. However, bring him enough gold, presenting it to his cave, and he'll help!

He'll allow one or two of your team only to ride on his back, and he'll go towards the enemy and rain fire on them! As we've admired thanks to fire arrows, he'll ravage wooden buildings but leave stone intact. His fire will also deal continuous damage, which knights can guard. If you press down it will signal the dragon to land, and space will make him take off again (the rest is done by his AI). On ground he will also do a claw attack, which has huge knockback, like the zombie knight. After some time, he will get tired, take off and retreat to his lair (it could be made of bedrock so it doesn't get dug out), requiring a bribe again to work.

It would give a lot of value to gold, since the gold would get piled up in his cave. If some knights feel up for it and need the gold for some boat or artillery shops/research, they could try to go slay it. Archers would also be decent at attacking it when it flies, if its breath doesn't melt the arrows. Teams would also race to get the most gold to get first dibs at the dragon's help.

And what's more medieval than dragons? Anyway there's a few ideas from the top of my head. If its not possible, that's okay. Just imagine how cool it would be! :)

Example :
    [​IMG]

What do you guys think?

2. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

Its a ok idea, but do you really think it would be easily implemented into the game? Plus increased lag, glitches, and what not.

startselect3, Piano and CrystalClear like this.
  3. Guitarman

Guitarman Haxor Tester Official Server Admin

Someone with the know how and the drive to do could always just mod it into the game.

CrystalClear likes this.
  4. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

But would you like it on a legit server, or a individual modded one.

5. SamuraiCupcake

Optimization is always a problem, but its a slow big entity like the boat, and I haven't seen any problems with the boat.

What generally causes the most lag are things that affect many other things simultaneously. Examples are the falling rocks, since each individual rock goes an a randomly generated path, and each rock impact makes the game calculate collision results. Big explosions also affect many things all at once, so stutter occurs.

The dragon could be fairly simple, with a simple walk cycle, take off/land, wing flapping, claw and fire breating animations. The fire could have a short range so as to limit lag. He would essentially be a drop ship in utility.

6. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

Wings flapping + Fire + Burning Structures + Mapping of the actual Fire Breath + The movement of the dragon + everything else. Still think it would be fairly simple?

And I'm sorry I am putting your idea down so much. I really think it would be a cool thing to do, I just really don't see how it could ever really be added to the game successfully.

bru-jaz likes this.
  7. Guitarman

Guitarman Haxor Tester Official Server Admin

I'm going to assume you're using 'legit' in place of 'vanilla'. Someone could mod a dragon, start a server and have everything completely standard except the dragons. It would be exactly the same as if dragons were part of the game. Of course, you've got to find someone who can mimic Geti's art style pretty closely. I've seen that done a few times already though, so that wouldn't be too much a problem.

CrystalClear likes this.
  8. CookieEpic

CookieEpic Shopkeep Stealer

I like this idea. I can already imagine it ingame- however...

The dragon needs a set HP, and the amount of gold should be pretty high for something so game breaking :eek:

9. SamuraiCupcake

I wouldn't go as far as say he'd break the game. You have to pay for his services, and he's a neutral party like the sharks or bulls. Leave him alone and he won't affect the game at all... unless you steal his gold... or you just happen to have a huge pile of gold just lying around...

He'd also always be in the middle of the map, chilling in his cave, and I guess it would be a race to find gold to get to the dragon first! Would bring a whole new meaning to King Arthur's GOLD.

There would still be counters for this strategy though : dropping rocks or shooting balista or cata shots from the top of your defending tower should do the job nicely. Helllll yeah.

10. Warren2997

Warren2997 Shipwright

I LOVE THIS!!! I think its a brillent idea and plus hardly anyone cares about the gold part in KAG so they just say its King Arthur's Something and then finaly some one would say its King Arthur's :gold::gold_mat::gold_bullion::gold_b:!

11. Microsoft

Microsoft Catapult Fodder

The most likely thing to mod is the hot air ballon. We can make the dragon fly. And if it flies to high i gets a heart attack.

12. JoshTG

JoshTG Ballista Bolt Thrower

No, it would be a great mod, or a bonus game mode. NOT in every mode/server/etc

Joiken likes this.
  13. JaniKutscher

JaniKutscher Builder Fan Donator

Nah i dont think that would be great,
    it would destroy the game.

14. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

Could be done as a reincarnation of the gold hunt gamemode.(if that's what its called).
    Gather most gold and whoever has the most gold within a time limit can get the one dragon to murder the other team with.
    Wings flapping would just be switching frames on the sprite, fire is mostly already done, burning structures doesn't even have to be done.
    Only problem I see (and I'm no expert) would be getting the blob itself to spawn and coding different modes/attacks for it like he wants.

15. bru-jaz

bru-jaz Haxor

Any ways, whereas nobody seems to mod it, you can forget it for a while.

(and i already think about it) Flyer dragon, water dragon and fire dragon. Flying maps where the castles are in the air and there's no floor (like some maps in the alpha)

16. vik

vik THD Team THD Team Tester

This is such a bad idea, it would wreck everyone instantly, winning the game by having the dragon making the whole game a gold race it won't add any complexity to the game only more rage and making it dumb.

Not to mention all the bugs, instability, and such

17. Bravo_4

Bravo_4 Catapult Fodder

This is beginning to sound like a Gamemode, or Mod only type thing. Dragon's Horde sounds like a fairly solid ideal of pve.

Mods: Rainbows