1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Build 980 - Admin Functionality and Christmas Hats

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DevBlogger, Dec 23, 2013.

1. DevBlogger

DevBlogger KAG DevBlog Feed Bot

Happy Holidays everyone!

While you’re feasting, giving presents to everything with a heartbeat, spending loving time with your family and drinking yourselves into a stupor, be sure to drop into KAG for the usual dosage of carnage, now with one extra festive hat :^)

New build should be out over the next hour, the servers are under a fair bit of load at the moment so deployment is being sluggish. I’ll be watching to make sure it all makes it out before getting to bed.

Guards should have their seclevs back, not 100% sure what was causing the issue but it should be fixed now, so you can get back to slapping mischief makers on the wrists. Sorry about the hassle.

For more permanent offenders, there are now handy “user flags” that you can filter on. So far these include griefer, hacker, abuser and impersonation, and default to filtering recent griefers, abusers and impersonators, and anyone with a history of hacking. Be sure not to get onto these lists - play nice. You’ll find yourself unable to play on many servers if you get flagged, similar to a global ban, but now it’s up to server owners who they want to let in and out.

The relevant config file settings for server owners:

security_banflags [flags] Ex. security_banflags griefer abuser
    Ban flags to observe but be lenient about - once expired these users will be allowed back in.
    security_strictflags [flags] Ex. security_strictflags hacker
    Ban flags to observe absolutely, anyone with a history of these will be banned permanently.

Normal rules will apply for reporting griefers/hackers, we require a video of someone clearly voiding the rules to put anything on their record.

We’re sure the absence of a few unfriendly faces on major servers will be a welcome christmas present for many, as depressing as that sounds.

On a more cheery note, there are also a few extra settings in the miscellaneous section of settings, for showing all team names and toggling the minimap on and off. There may be a few bugs with these (mostly with names, we’ll be looking into it again tomorrow) but always good to note it specifically so you can test them out and report bugs in the thread!

There have also been minor changes to builder (no longer “slowed” by nearby enemies) and votekicking (40% rather than 50% to get a conclusive vote, should mean less 7 out of 8 required moments). The gargoyle image file has also been cleaned of scribbles which should help make modded zombie servers more immersive :^)

Have fun!

Geti/Max

Full Changelog

[added] lavalordtdm2 map
    [added] security_banflags and security_strictflags to autoconfig, determines what global user flags to ban per server.
    defaults to griefing, abuse and impersonation for banflags (ie flags that expire) and hacking for strictflags (zero tolerance)
    [script][added] void CNet::checkPlayerBanflags( const string &in username, const string &in banflags, const string &in strictflags ) for checking ban flags from the API
    [added] Christmas Hats
    [added] u_shownames is default now (show all team names without needing hover)
    [fixed] hover names relying on ismod rather than seclevs
    [added] name_mouseover_spectator seclev (on for all default seclevs by default)
    [fixed] spawning on team change (thanks Norill)
    [modified] 40% votes required for a conclusive votekick
    [removed] builder "stunlock" when building with enemies nearby
    [fixed] unfortunate greg scribble
    [added] show team names option to GUI
    [added] show minimap button to settings

Original DevBlog post.

2. Iamaclay

Iamaclay Shark Slayer

Thanks for the timely updates Max/Geti.

I especially appreciate the additional options. I loooove settings!

Also: HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

:gold_mat: :gold_mat: Gold for all! :gold_mat: :gold_mat:

3. kedram

kedram Drill Rusher Tester

the happiness im getting from reading this is most certainly over 9000. ::D:
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 23, 2013 ---
    oh and merry christmas too :3

4. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Happy (2nd?) KAG Christmas everyone.

Great looking update, can't wait to try it out.

5. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

Good update. Also weren't you needing TDM maps? Do you still need? Also those are 3 maps in TDM section ( I've made 2 but I'll try to make more )

6. Invaders

Invaders Shark Slayer

Yes, Christmas hats all around!

7. DarkDragonBoy

DarkDragonBoy Haxor

It Better be a pumkin with a fedora hat :D

8. now you can be a Halloween atheist!

UnnamedPlayer, hierbo and Andr01d like this.
  9. DarkDragonBoy

DarkDragonBoy Haxor

It would be awesome though

10. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

So, about these new Tags. Do you instantly get one slapped on your ass when you're vote kicked? Or do admins have to do it... cause if you got tagged at vote kick... that could be just a tad annoying.. what if you walk into a server with only 2 players training and you get insta booted... that wouldnt be good if you got some tag on your ass D:

Klokinator and Rubixxcube like this.
  11. lomichelotti

lomichelotti Shark Slayer

Im sad that i cant play this week, toose christmas hats sure are cool. Merry christmas too! =u=

12. Gurin

Gurin Stop That! Global Moderator Donator Tester

Merry Christmas. Griefer scum!

Andr01d likes this.
  13. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Re: Flags being incorrectly applied (hackers being free, griefers being permabanned)

I'm pushing a fix for this now. Not exactly what I planned to be doing with my morning but the holidays are always full of surprises. Should be out within an hour.

Re: Servers disconnecting people as other players join

I can't fix this this morning, it's much more involved. I'm talking with Tom about the best and fastest way to deal with this, not sure if it'll be out by tonight though.

Re: How are Flags applied?

As with the old bans, they'll only be applied following a proper report, there is no automatic flagging due to votekicks or similar. This is mentioned in the post, but I'll forgive you.

I've got to focus on getting the build out, as I said I wasn't expecting to have to do anything this morning and I've got places to be, but figured keeping you in the loop is always a good idea :^)

14. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Oh, so if I'm reading this right.. then only Guards can place these flags? Or what's happening... cause I'm still quite lost. :o

15. Lieber

Lieber Is Probing Uranus Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

No, if you report someone on the forums with the right amount of proof (as people have been doing for a long time) then the flag will be placed. Guards won't place the flags themselves, they'll report to the one in charge of that.

16. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

So, the owners of a server can place a flag...?
    Sorry if I'm being stupid, just wanna get a better grasp of this sack that is the new feature. :o

17. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Flags can only be placed by the devs, in other words the people who have been charge of Global Bans this whole time.

There are 2 flags types: Regular and Strict. Regular is used for people who do stuff like griefing and stuff. These type of flags wear off over time. Strict are for people who do stuff like hacking, these don't expire. Basically Regular is temp ban while Strict is like a permaban

If you get reported in the forum for abusive people/hackers or by a guard, you'll get flagged this time instead getting a global ban. Basically if you get flagged, you will still be allowed to log in, but you can only play on servers that don't check for flags.

It's up to server owners whether or not to use these flags for denying join.

FuzzyBlueBaron, 16th and BlueLuigi like this.
  18. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Oooh...! So it's kinda like the thing you pretty much do to me, and every other person on this forum who goes off topic.. just less strict and more "You shall not pass" kinda thing with topics. Makes perfect sense. :D
    Thanks for answer the quesiton c:

19. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

No not really it has nothing to do with the forum handling in that respect.

Currently if someone is reported as a griefer or a hacker on the forums [ https://forum.kag2d.com/forums/reports-for-abusive-players-cheaters.59/ ] here, they would, if the evidence is enough to prove it be banned by the devs (I assume it's handled mostly by Furai, but I cannot claim to actually know), that was the normal way it was done.

Instead they now added flags to your account so they can essentially do a system where your account is labeled as Griefer or Hacker instead of the devs having to keep count on their end with no ingame implementation. I believe that now server owners will have the ability to work off of these new flags, they can choose to not allow anyone flagged as a griefer or a hacker in at all, or completely ignore the flags and not use them at all.

The new system feels like it allows more freedom to both the server owners and the developers which is always a good thing to be able to get rid of those types like Muckymuck.

Klokinator likes this.
  20. Alpaca

Alpaca Haxor

Define "abusers" please.