1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Classes vs. Money and KD

Discussion in 'Balance' started by Nighthawk, Oct 14, 2013.

1. WeirdEarb

WeirdEarb Catapult Fodder

This game is not about K/D. Its about the Team-Win.

I will not talk about archers anymore, you can read my statement in an other thread. They are fine as they are. Learn to play or to use a team.

If the archer would have more money, he would spam bomb arrows. They are the strongest siege weapon in the game with tripple shot. No-one is talking about this.

We are playing a teamgame, a selfish "i want my most favorite class better" thread will not make it better.

2. omernon

omernon Catapult Fodder

@WeirdEarb

I agree with you and although I played this game for only few hours (90% of time being an archer) I don't think this class should be boosted or nerfed. It's fine the way it is and the more players are in game the more effective your archer is. In last few battles I had highest score although my K/D ratio was around 1.1:1 - 1.2:1 for most of the game and I easly managed to get over 100-150 coins on a single life just by spamming pretty accurate triple shots. Archers co-operating with builders can do amazing job and triple bomb arrows are so destructive (killed 3 archers by destroying construction they were standing on). I must admit that in 1 vs 1 scenario archer will almost never win against knight but this is not what this game is about.

Reudh likes this.
  3. SalvaTioN

SalvaTioN Builder Stabber

OMG!
    More i play in new KAG then more i think what is crappy crap in classes.
    Archers looks to nerfed against the background of knights OP, lol.
    Need one hit to kill archa, and 3-5 arrows to kill knight in far combat!
    Yeah, archers is support class, but not so much that without them the game can do.
    Looks KD in Classic and her: Classic- archa 3\1 and more, knight maximum 3/1 (how i play); Beta(yeah, beta, looks unbalanced for me) archa 1/3-4, knight 3/1 and more.
    What i wanna say: archers-sux! Or i not understand somethin?

4. I'm certainly not understanding something. :P

If you play archer like it's a behind-the-lines sapper, because you can easily navigate structures and shoot bomb arrows, then it's pretty darn awesome.

5. Kriegson

Kriegson Catapult Fodder

The issue I think is the ease of the classes in comparison. Hell, when our team is flagging I always hop on knight and start double slashing away to victory before hopping back onto builder because it seems no one knows how to repair a structure -_-
    Plain and simple, knight is easier, more versatile and deadlier.

But that isn't to say the Archer isn't versatile in its own right.

Your only way of defeating a knight is repeated triple shot in close range (10 units will get you stun) which is undoubtedly more difficult (if only just) than holding down LMB and jumping in the direction of the archer.
    But you can:
    • Light shit on fire! Punish the heck out of builders for making wooden structures (More on this bit later)
    • Blow shit up! Expensive but very effective bomb arrows, especially triple shots
    • Grapple around! Fastest movement speed and then some with the grapple used right.
    • Grapple drill, grapple kegs, grapple stomp! Loads of options here.
    • Fake death! It works on pubbies quite well.
    The only issue is that in the right hands, certain weapons are debatably OP, while alternatively getting gold to use them basically comes down to stealing bits no one grabs. And of course if a knight gets within a few feet of you, you're dead, but if that was the case you probably weren't grappling right.

TL: DR
    Imo if anything the special ammo and gold collection needs to change. As op stated, assists would be awesome. Full charge with special arrows should do something else imo. Like a single, unblockable shot maybe.
    In the right hands, fire destroys entire makeshift bases with a single effortless shot, bombs bypass defenses to blow sthuff up, etc.

But sadly, the only thing archer is effective at killing is other archers. Even builders can just slap up some platforms.

6. Sheip

Sheip Catapult Fodder

I agree. Archers need to be buffed a bit.

7. Rainbows

Rainbows KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

I manage to get 2:1 kds on archer using mad hax on pubbies but it takes ages accumulate kills. the problem is most kills involve firing into an existing knight battle or picking off other archers and low health knights. The archer is great at doing damage but rarely gets a finishing shot and the knowledge you have given 40 hearts of damage isn't the same or as effective as 10 kills.

8. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I find when I play archer I can do more effective shit easily (carry lit kegs up to their base where it can do much damage, bomb arrows, water arrow a guy with a keg getting to your base), you can see more easily as you have to see far ahead of you.

I'm not even sure how you would balance them in a fighting sense and coin sense without removing a lot of their utility.

The one thing that frustrates me the most about them is that even if let's say you are going to kill a knight. This is a game of seconds, a person can spawn in 10 seconds usually, so let's say you're attacking, and a single knight is in your way, it will take you a minimum of probably around 5 seconds to kill him. You have to charge a full legolas shot and hit him with it, probably twice, and hope he doesn't have bombs, (which 1hit kill you), and then you can move up after you've done that.

I can't think of much to balance them iwth the tools they are already given other than attempting to balance their current utility into being more combat oriented versatile, for example keep fire arrows and bomb arrows as they are towards blocks but add in that fire arrows can't be slashed/blocked (they set you on fire regardless if you do), and bomb arrows add a brief stun or do more guaranteed damage.

I find it hilarious that unless they stun stomp me I kill archers frequently as builder even.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2013
  9. emasame

emasame Bison Rider

on their own i dont find archers to be that effective but if you got at least one knight being your frontline you can pretty much stop all slashes and double slashes from the opponent. archer vs. knight is like punching a brick wall, its kind of fun and youll eventually bust it down but youll probably fuck up and break something/die

10. JPD

JPD Shipwright

In alpha archer would get points based on the amount of hearts inflicted. I'd like to see this happen again.

11. Trumbles

Trumbles Bison Rider

The problem is that Archer is a support class, and this game doesn't credit supportive play. There's no "assist" points, you don't get score just for doing damage unless you get kills (you get like 5 coins for 1 heart of damage as archer, though... but that's pretty much nothing.)

If there was some sort of incentive to supportive play, like assists, i'd feel a lot better playing archer. No matter how good you are at it, your stats are likely going to look like shit, because you can't walk into a group of 5 people and kill all of them in a single attack like knights can with double slashes.

If i arrowstun to enable my knights to kill an enemy, i should get points for it.

If i get a well timed water arrow on an enemy, and they kill themself with a bomb or my allies kill them, i should get points.

If i land a full triple shot on a knight, and all my ally has to do to steal the kill is jab them once, i should get points for that.

I could go on and on. There needs to be some sort of system for tracking supportive play.

UnnamedPlayer and Yagger like this.