1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Competetive KAG Gamemode

Discussion in 'Modding [KAG]' started by Ne3zy, Dec 26, 2013.

1. Ne3zy

Ne3zy Haxor

So I was about to make a competitive gamemode which would be a balanced and more interesting version of the TTH, the aim of the mod was to be the the gamemode where all clanwars and tournament occur. But before making it I would like to know if it's gonna be the case, so here's the changelog (of course once made I will balance it more) :

So would you use it ?

Last edited: Dec 26, 2013
    JoshTG likes this.
  2. JoshTG

JoshTG Ballista Bolt Thrower

this looks pretty cool

3. Trumbles

Trumbles Bison Rider

All the increased item respawn times... o_o; Games played in this mode would probably be super drawn-out

4. vik

vik THD Team THD Team Tester

All you did was make the game longer that won't make it "competitive"...

5. Ne3zy

Ne3zy Haxor

Not really this would only be true if you're playing with noobs, if you need a keg every second to finish a game then you and your team are probably pretty bad. If you play with skilled players the keg carrier is gonna be protected or atleast he should be, this aspect makes the item a lot stronger since like this it's a lot easier to land (futhermore the numbers will be tweaked, balance is all about testing and testing again and I'm not talking of the good offensive builders).

Technologies add a strategic aspect to the game, for example in most of the games you'll go for bakery -> military supplies only but in some you could rush the trampoline and the drill or skip it in favor of pyrotechnics (if enemy have a lot of wooden structures), etc...

And no the game won't be longer since the more the game lasts the more destructive techs you have to finish it. Anyway if a lot of people thinks like you do and won't use this mod I'm not going to make it, since I want this to be the new "gather" mode, in other words : the official competitive mode.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2013
  6. vik

vik THD Team THD Team Tester

Still, so would I use it?
    No

7. Ne3zy

Ne3zy Haxor

I would like to have more opinions if possible :)

8. Rubixxcube

Rubixxcube Bison Rider

Probably not. It seems to have just removed a lot of siege tools, which I don't really have anything against except for the fact that builders are shit.