1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

In your eyes, what _small_ quality of life suggestions would vastly improve the game?

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by lavalord, Nov 23, 2013.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. Swiftx

Swiftx Cleave and Smile Donator

@Alpaca I don't care if you read it or not lol but how are you going to argue if you don't know what I am saying? If you don't plan on arguing then shutup. These are my ideas and suggestions and they are just that. I didn't ask for your opinon on anything. I was asked for mine. Simple as that. Merry Christmas.

@Sirpixelot Pretty much what I just said to Alpaca. Leaderboards are not a bad idea at all and to suggest that is absurd. With no end game to this game only the die hard players and people who support the game are going to play it for a very long time. A game can be fun and this game is don't get me wrong but you need more to it sometimes and IN MY OPINION you need some sort of stats tracker or something to work towards whether it be a shop or to be #1 on the leaderboards. Just because YOU don't think so doesn't mean everyone else feels that way. Also, don't be so condescending about steam players. I don't think anyone is in competition with you on who has played longer. Honestly do not care. lol

2. JoshTG

JoshTG Ballista Bolt Thrower

The worst type of people are the ones that can dish it out but cant take it. Your saying this is all your opinion adn your entitled to it, but then you whine when someone else has a opinion.

When you post things for others to see, they might not like it. Deal with it.
    Mind you both these players you are arguing with have been around longer than you have, and probably know more about the game.

Also, im on the "no leader board" boat, i dont like the sound of customization either, make a texture pack or something.

Alpaca likes this.
  3. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I'd like to ask you one thing, Mr. Swift. How long have you played this game? The answer seems obvious, but I just want to know.
    I've played for over 1.7 years already (Somewhere in that area... not 100% sure) I know this game quite well like the back of my hand. Wait a minute... where the fuck did that scar come from... huh..
    That also applies to the Alpaca, who's also disagreeing with you. (Not really sure how long he's been here... but it's been a while...)

Now. I'm just gonna put some peaceful logic to combat what you're dishing out.
    This game, this... amazing fusion of well made programming and art is perfect the way it's currently designed... needs some work in the code here and there but overall; it's perfect.

You are a possible newbie who may have just obtained this game quite recently and have some problems with the current stuff. I understand and support your issues... but the issue is. Leaderboards will never work. Currently, we currently have a K/D board in game as is. And that's it. Sure, leaderboards are a great idea... but sadly the gameplay may suffer in some way in terms of cooperation. How?
    Well... the newbies as well as some of us older players.. would go knight or archer (Depending on how good they are...) all the time and never help out.. only wanting to fight to raise their Kill count while trying their darnest to not die... this kinda thing isnt always happening.. but it does now and again... The leaderboard idea would instantly make this issue skyrocket. Thus causing many players to rage quit when someone wont help build the base and defend and so forth.
    This kinda issue would reflect with the Customization idea as well... plus it's pretty much copying every other Co-op game in the world with their fancy skins and fancy hats and all that shit.

So yea. Also.. please dont whine when someone disagrees with you, it's silly and makes you seem like a little kid.

4. hierbo

hierbo Ballista Bolt Thrower
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

... I... I... don't know what to say! @Sirpixelot, you're talking sense! It's a Christmas miracle!

Now that I've had a second to regain my composure...

It seems to me that this discussion has devolved from a features debate into bickering about who's opinion is more credible. The bottom line is that no matter how long you've been playing this game and how much you claim to "get it", your opinion is no more valid than anyone else's. What makes your points more credible is if you use what you've learned from your vast experience to come up with poignant and well defended arguments in favor of the changes you'd like to see. Also, taking offense at another person's point or personally attacking your opponent only hurts your credibility and obscures your point behind the slap fight.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2013
    Sirpixelot and Kouji like this.
  5. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Anywaaayyyys~~~~~~~

You guys are getting off topic. As Hierbo mentioned, this thread is for Quality of Life Suggestions, not entirely new features and pointless bickering.

What's quality of life? Making things easier to use, better to see, less complex and such.

Example of Quality of life changes (they are just examples, may or may not be actually be needed):
    • Changing the GUI to be cleaner
    • Making Menus easier to navigate
    • Allow the use of certain key combos to do common tasks
    • Make Banning someone easier
    • Make Unbanning someone easier
    • Make it easier to set up a server
    • Make it easier to make maps
    • Make it easier to change gamemodes
    So on and so on. Also, don't just post 1 line, say why you think it should be added or how it'd make something better/easier to use. Basically stop your bitchin or else I just give you warnings + delete your posts. If it gets bad enough, I'll just lock it.

lavalord likes this.
  6. Cluxie

Cluxie Catapult Fodder

• Welp, need more description of up-date visible on the KAG client. Happen to come across some interestin stuff that was only available by lookin at the forum or some other place.

• The idea of the Global Banning isn't that great on a game where it' advertised and encouraged to destroy things and build stuff and may prove contradictory. Point of KAG is to build, destroy, conquer etc. There no specific rules statin wuts what and those that do differs from server to server too. Half aren't even listed or visible, so those players don't know what to expect on those what server they go on. Buuuut from reading a few announcements and some post it seems like KAG is shifting more towards ban-controls, PvE and rules than the fun of blowing stuff up and pvping in a game.
    • Secondly there's really no way tah prove that no one will be abusing the Global Ban. Heard players getting banned for stuff, like digging or appearing 3 seconds into the game and getting banned for that, or a new user trying out the game and getting banned. What if they end up on this Global Ban list too cus o that? Again, no way to prove if the Global is reasonable or not. It just goes by from server to server and if one don't like or whatnot bam, on the list. Admins can already black-list whoever, so what is the point of a Global Ban list other than turning KAG into a social reputation type o thing?
    • Lack of server may have to do with the lack of tutorials for the game. Not lot of servers for this game. Most I've seen at one time was 10 maybe and it's possibly cus many don't know how like myself atm. If I was a company would put up some video tutorials how to host a server of my game to be listed publicly on the database. Some tutorials on how game works wit some explanations adding objects/animations to game as basic start-up would be great too. I see there are sprite tutorials on the forums but their somewhat spread out in terms of category. Example below:
    • Character Mod​
    • Monster Mod​
    • Terrain Mod​
    • Object Mod​
    • Animation Mod​
    Tutorials encourages participation to which may be considered a turn-off because it is "too complicated" or "don't understand". To some, C++, Lua or whichever programming language KAG use may be considered scary. Which reason why explanation of how they are used in KAG Crimson Engine is a good thing.
    • The sandbox elements of Kag is appealing. The ability to create own things, the fluent scripting animation, and the 2D format is what prompted me to even check out this game. But unlike minecraft it's a game focused on more on PvP and using environment in PvP. Hopefully there'll be some more modes added to this game, user-created or official generated like a Zombie Boss Mode. Much potential here. I like it. :)
    • Official Servers/Moderated Hosted Servers need to be distinguished as such. While the officials do have "KAG Official" abbreviation on them, there are some user-servers that are mixed in with Mod Servers. Currently, there is no way to distinguish between the two between a user-server and a Mod's one.
    Just few things come across. Though experience may change.​

7. Alpaca

Alpaca Haxor

And once again, someone doesn't respond to any of the counterpoints I made to their argument after I stated that I did not read their entire poorly formatted wall of text, which can only lead me to believe that they did not read beyond one line of my much, much shorter, post. How hypocritical. Also, the phrase "shut up" consists of two words, not one.

@Kouji It is taking all of my self restraint not to spam this in all caps, so please, take me seriously when I say that the camera teleporting to your killer on death is driving me insane. I literally may stop playing kag if the alpha's still cam on death is not restored. With my horrible, horrible internet connection, my camera changes to the killer before I see myself get killed, so I'll jump into a fight and my camera will suddenly focus on someone else, then I'm notified that I've died. It's the most frustrating thing ever. Please, bug MM to just keep the camera on my corpse, so I can at least watch myself die without

E: lol, awkward cutoff is awkward. I meant to say "so I can at least watch myself die without the infuriating camera refocusing on someone else while I'm still trying to fight"

//edit from Kouji: Just an FYI, user cam thing would be a quality of life suggestion.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2013
  8. Swiftx

Swiftx Cleave and Smile Donator

Lol you're all right. I guess since I am a steam user and I haven't known about the game for 1.7 years I shouldn't even post in the forums. If this is the type of banter one gets for posting his ideas in the forums why would anyone new want to join the community. I took offense to what he said because it came off as offensive.. Telling someone their ideas are "common knowledge" or reiterating that one of their ideas is "kinda worthless" is completely uncalled for. I'm done now and ill go back to being just a steam kid. No hard feelings. Good day to you all.

9. Alpaca

Alpaca Haxor

Oh yeah, and being able to throw lit bombs you placed in your inventory using spacebar would be WONDERFUL. As of right now I always fumble with f, blow myself up, and end up looking like a jackass.

Swift, I think what was trying to be got at is that you should let the game sit a little while before you try to criticize its mechanics. You have to get to really know it well before you can start to get a good feel for what should or should not be different. I made the same mistake when coming over from the alpha, I wanted everything to be more like it was before, and wanted a lot of things changed, but now that I've been in beta for a while, I want... well, slightly less of those things to be changed. You just need to give the game a chance before you start wanting things to be different, I promise it will settle in nicely after a while.

Swiftx likes this.
  10. Darksteel

Darksteel The see me Boulderin', they hatin'. Donator
    1. Australians United Stand Strong - AUSS - (Invite Only)

Not sure is sarcastic but whatever... Anyway, I have not found the kill-cam to bothersome at all. You've said that it jumps away before you notice your dead... but the death occurs anyway, regardless of camera... so what exactly is your issue with it? (Not saying it wouldn't be nice to have the option to disable it, just genuinely curious.)

11. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Hey, come on guy. Don't let yourself down like that. Everyone's a critic, and everyone is entitled to their right of speech. I'm not trying to shut you up, I'm just criticizing what you said due to my own experience.
    Now, let's get back on topic before Lord Kouji beats us with a warning.

There should be an option for having a killcam. Gets annoying when your can switches on you instantly... either that... or let the camera switch after a few seconds.

12. Hallic

Hallic Haxor

Toggle button mode for builders instead of the currently hold down mode.
    in alpha i could just press escape and let my character mine a couple of blocks without anoyinly holding down the mouse key all the time. Also this would be beter in terms of RSI load

13. Alpaca

Alpaca Haxor

Ok, if you went to the doctor's office, had some tests done, and found out that you had cancer, would you rather find out by one of the doctors informing you in private, very professionally, or would you rather that the doctor's teenage son, who overheard, walks by you in a crowded hallway, points, and says "HAHA, I HEARD YOU HAVE CANCER. SUCKS TO BE YOU LOL"? Either way you have cancer, but the way that you find out could piss you off quite a bit depending on how it was played.

14. Darksteel

Darksteel The see me Boulderin', they hatin'. Donator
    1. Australians United Stand Strong - AUSS - (Invite Only)

Okay so, correct me if I'm wrong, but your issue is; that the game "rubs your nose in it" when you die?

15. emasame

emasame Bison Rider

a delay of a couple seconds after you die wouldnt hurt but personally im not bothered by the killcam. it can be jerky at times though cause it is instantaneous.

16. Alpaca

Alpaca Haxor

dark, kind of, yeah. It's basically like what emasame said, one second I'm focusing on landing my slash on someone, then all of a sudden my camera moves, I scream "WTF" at my computer, and realize that I'm dead. I was especially aggravated before because it took me a while to figure out that the camera jump was caused by my death, which I just hadn't seen yet, so I thought my camera was just randomly spazzing off of my player, causing me to miss my slashes and get killed.

17. emasame

emasame Bison Rider

dem random bombs hiding in the corpses

18. Vattic

Vattic Shopkeep Stealer

Automatically kicking AFK players.

Klokinator and jackitch like this.
  19. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

...after 1 minute of inactivity, preferably.

There are nearly45 servers online right now. What are you even talking about.

20. Vattic

Vattic Shopkeep Stealer

Leave it configurable for server owners with a default that gives time for a toilet brake or similar.

Mods: Rainbows