1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion Suggestions and Ideas

Discussion in 'Groups' started by Aphelion, Dec 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aphelion

Aphelion Wunderkind Donator
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

If you have any ideas or suggestions for Aphelion's Roleplay, you can post them right here.

2. king-george

king-george Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

Why not make an underwater survival server? I've always looked after those...

3. Ninja12

Ninja12 Haxor

Potions table + new potions, like poison, fire, weakness, slowness, essentially MC effects.

Custom signs.

4. steve_jobs

steve_jobs Bison Rider

why not make zombies fall from the skies?
    that would stop random-killing alot because people are working to together killing zombies

5. icemaverick

icemaverick Catapult Fodder

May I suggest finding another way to earn coins (not gold, but coins for shops) for soldiers other than slaying people? As it stands, people who play fighting classes cannot earn coins to buy their things unless they grind up materials to build random structures for coins, or unless they kill people. The harvest/build grind is frowned upon because those who play constant builders get irked by the people adding to, or placing new structures everywhere because it disrupts any plans they might have for an area. However, killing people is also frowned upon in nearly every instance, because it leads to RK fests that never end unless the map resets.

One such solution to cut down on building spam for coins would be allowing players to directly transform resources into coins through a merchant shop or something, turning wood, stone, and gold into coins. This however leads to the foreseeable problem of people stealing usable materials from teammates just to make some quick coin.
    This is why i propose that instead of using usable building materials for trade, you allow players to trade in wheat and other less useful commodities for coins. You could even expand this so that the bush seeds and other currently less-than-useful seeds produce some dropable item that could be sold for profit. This not only adds value and use to several items that currently have limited use, but it also expands player options for achieving the goal of earning coins to buy bombs, arrows, boats, and whatnot. In addition to added item functionality, it also adds added RP functionality and player job roles, because some players can now take up the roles of thieves and bandits, swooping in the chop down wheat harvests of the other factions and make off with them before they are caught and executed.

Though the ideas here are just an example and may not be exactly what players have in mind, I would sincerely suggest adding *some* other method of earning coins to the current RP game as it is slightly problematic. In the meantime, might I suggesting pointing out in the "Did You Know?" Tips that you can earn coins for building? Many players I talked to today were not aware of this, and it cut down on RKing for a period of time as everyone switched to builders.

6. icemaverick

As an idea for a 4th faction, I propose that you add a highwayman or bandit styled faction to the game. This faction would take a lot more work than simply another race and their faction mechanics would be fundamentally different. The faction would be of a lower number of players for balance purposes, and would not have access to high-destruction tools such as bomb arrows and kegs, or most items that assist in rapid deconstruction. The faction also would not have a singular central spawn location like the other factions, and may, in-fact, have multiple locations dotting the map so that a bandit spawn cannot be camped and farmed for coins. What i propose here and below, may be beyond the limitations of the game itself, and should they be, then please ignore the entirety of this.

The faction's primary goal is to be a threat to the other 3 factions, even when times of peace have settled on the server map-wide. They would prey on wandering Knights and lone Builders, hoping to slay them and make off with their resources and generally be a nuisance. While normally I would be highly against a faction that is solely for spreading discord, if you eliminate the ability to acquire high-destruction tools, they simply become small groups of players who justify the need for defensive structures, guards, and patrolling warriors. As it stands, the RP game feels like there is no conflict that people can be happy with. Random lone agents killing people are frowned upon and often kicked/banned, and wars often erupt without ending in peace, leading to an admin resetting the entire map. With the introduction of an innately hostile faction that can't destroy the entire map, most RKing and fighting would be directed at this group rather than each other, and all of the hard work of builders would stay intact for longer.

I propose the bandits - being only half in number of any one other kingdom - have a random spawn at one of 4 locations on the map each of which falls outside of, or between, one of the 3 main kingdoms. The bandits should randomly spawn in as either Archers or Knights *without* the ability to change classes forcing players to be creative or work to their strengths, but *not* Builders to prevent collection of resources and building of shops leading to high-destruction tools. To remedy the lack of a class that punches through buildings, Knights should start with the Steel and Mythril Sword upgrades so that minor damage can be achieved to doorways and such without causing entire castles to be broken down in minutes.

I had not fleshed out the idea much more beyond this, because I wasn't sure if even this was possible, but I started on the idea because I felt that current state of the RP server lacks a good conflict. There's currently not a *reason* to be building anything or to have great castles and traps, except to prepare for the inevitable moment when one person accidentally stomps on a Builder and kills him, battlecries erupt, kegs start flying, the entire server degenerates into random killing amidst bomb craters, and an admin resets the server and scolds everyone for starting such a ruckus. I think having a faction to direct all of the killing and bloodlust towards would calm the factions from destroying the map every few minutes.

7. icemaverick

To expand on this idea, I would enjoy seeing potions, brews, or other such chemicals that have various KAG effects as well as newly introduced effects. On some modded servers, I have seen potions that make your character faster, or invisible, or weightless but the cost of the potions are incredibly high and the time of the effect only lasts a few short seconds and rarely accomplishes anything. If potions are added that cause player effects, at least allow them to run for a minute or so, so that the player has time to actually accomplish something with them. So, we could see potions that increase shield-flight time, decrease fall damage, turn the player invisible, or all manner of effects. Then, in an impressive feat of mod coding, we might see potions with really abnormal effects, such as projecting the "catapult barrage" of stones towards the mouse's location, or flurries of arrows, or other such weird effects that are being inspired by and are using the resources of the base game.

On the same note of potions, I've always thought it strange that the Archers get an attack, a stun/anti-flame attack, a high explosive attack, and a flaming attack, while the Knights only get 3 of those. I would enjoy seeing a re-coloured Water Bomb that, on impact, sets things on fire, including people and wooden structures, in a (much shorter than the water bomb) radius around the impact. In fact, going on this idea, many potions could be re-skinned and recoded Water Bombs that apply various potion effects to areas instead of single use consumables.

8. icemaverick

Ideas seem to just be foaming out of my head today:

A new siege weapon that is actually used more for defense than offense: The Oil Bucket. Produced out of the Stone Siege workshop, (Where the Hot Air Balloon is) the idea of this weapon is that you would place it on the top of a castle wall that is being assaulted, and when players get close to the door, or to the area in front you would "fire" the weapon and it would pour burning oil on them, setting them and anything wooden, on fire. To perhaps save on effort, the Oil Bucket could reuse some catapult functionality, firing in an extremely shortened range and raining "stones" (Likely retextured to be black or flaming, or something to represent the oil) downwards that set the targets on fire on impact, much like fire arrows. The benefits of using Oil Buckets could include widespread damage-over-time to enemies, the ability to clean off pesky Archers that are scaling the walls and put them back on the ground, and even some functionality to smother/destroy explosives such as Kegs. Reloading the Oil Buckets's ammo could cost a couple Lanterns (Since they're full of flaming lantern oil I guess?) and that would allow the siege engine to run out of uses and be refilled if needed.

Edit: Perhaps the retextured "stones" could just be lanterns? xD Would that look derpy as hell? Probably...

Last edited: Dec 29, 2013
  9. Aphelion

1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Thank you very much for your suggestions, icemaverick.

10. icemaverick

My pleasure :P Since I first picked up any mod made by you, ideas have been swirling around in my head for awesome stuff I'd like to see, but now i'm trying to shape it more and focus its use to benefit an RP server instead of just general play. Your mods are inspiring and I would love to see some of these advanced mechanics applied to the vanilla game.

11. Ninja12

Ninja12 Haxor

IDEAS:

Sound for grappling hook.
    DAMN IT! I had a bunch of other ideas for archer, now I forgot them.

12. stefmon

stefmon Builder Stabber

Making allies able to ignore your character so that they can pass through him and not attack each other.
    Also better icons for the team pick buttons. How about these? [​IMG] (I don't know how to use spoilers)
    you can find them in /steam/steamapps/Jing Arthur's gold/ base/sprites/emblems .
    It fits in with the game more and each has a colour to correspond with the team.

Also I want to suggest a server in the UK or Germany that would make people in Europe like me get better connection. I get over 100 ping at the moment and when there's that many different blocks and entities to update it really drags down performance.

13. Aphelion

1. Aphelion's Roleplay

likes this

14. stefmon

stefmon Builder Stabber

A King class. I've seen servers that have a necromancer as an extra class so why not a king class.
    a king would be elected using the Vote system. It could chose him the same way a kick is chosen, giving you all the names of your teammates.

" Holy shit what if he could craft the princess that you see at the end of on of the challenges. "

Maybe a king could be the only one who starts diplomacy votes. This could encourage actually electing one. It just feels like a core part of a team that can be added as a feature. Maybe a king could pic people up just like you drowned me today. Everyone else could vote him off at any time of course. If you need a texture for a king or leader I could make one.

15. crawfish

crawfish Ballista Bolt Thrower

I don't know if it's possible, but what about being able to buy a bison that you can ride without it throwing you off and it having a saddle? Maybe a new giant race that has larger avatars and an extra heart but is slower?

16. Aphelion

1. Aphelion's Roleplay

This is planned, but thank you.

17. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

In the old days, i was admin on a classic roleplay server called Xebo (later changed to Exaulted) roleplay.
    They had a king class thing etc. It worked like a vote.
    You would ask to be voted as king.
    The king perks included: able to peace/war with other races etc.

Also, if you add a king for a race, make it the admins can take the kings status of them (for abusing reasons)\

ALSO, make it admins can also stop wars etc.

18. orange_otter_01

orange_otter_01 Ballista Bolt Thrower

my current suggestion is:
    :sword:spearmen:sword:, they would have a longer attack range and they would also be faster then an average knight
    they could also use bombs:bomb:, light kegs:keg: and be able to attack and crawl while ducking ( the ducking would be like the archer duck sprite) attacking and crawling while ducking would be its main benefit because: you could crawl through the grass and lunge out and enemy archers and builders along with knights aswell

and if this is too :r_flex:strong:flex: for you or :thumbs_down:unbalanced:thumbs_down: i have a counter class:
    the spy. the spy would have 2-3 (whatever) hearts and would not have a weapon they would have a grapple and they would be able to see an exclamation mark above enemy or neutral spearmen when the spearmen are crawling.
    that way the spy:kappa: would be able to alert his team mates about enemy spearmen

another use for spy would be a thief:gold_mat: or infiltrator :chest:, since he would be fast and have a grapple (his duck would also be the archer duck)

i would be happy if you added this to the game :smug:

:red:-orange_otter_01:blue:

19. Aphelion

1. Aphelion's Roleplay

No sorry, way too unbalanced and the counter is not really a counter

20. orange_otter_01

orange_otter_01 Ballista Bolt Thrower

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.