1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Moderator applications/list

Discussion in 'Groups' started by Aphelion, Dec 15, 2013.

1. Aphelion

Aphelion Wunderkind Donator
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

If you'd like to become a moderator, you may post an application here. Please provide the following information in your application:
    • Why you want to be a moderator
    • Your timezone
    • Your age
    Before writing your application, please read the comprehensive guide on how to guarantee acceptance as an admin. If you've been accepted you will be notified.

If you are
    an applicant -- You can edit your application anytime after posting it, but posting anything else is prohibited and will result in being declined. There are some exceptions, such as when an admin asks you a question, or you've been accepted and would like to say something. If you absolutely must query about the status of your application, contact me instead of posting here.

If you are
    not an applicant -- You may only post to tell applicants whether you support them or not. Write +1 if you do, -1 if you do not, and a little something as to why after.

--

Aphelion is creator and owner of Aphelion's Roleplay.

Moderators:

Previous Moderators:

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
  2. SeanAS

SeanAS Meth Addict Donator
    1. Zen - [Zen] - (Invite Only)

Hey Aphelion! I always play on your CTF server in the US, mainly because I am from the US. But also because this is a great server. I don't know why people haven't applied yet because I would like to watch the server and keep good clean fun! Thanks for reading (I hope ;p) Please consider.

ps I am a former server owner and admin of many classic servers so I know what I am doing.

3. Tim_27

Tim_27 Catapult Fodder

Hi Aphelion!,
    When ever your servers on I join it and sometimes there's a few greifers or two on it!
    So I want to stop them with like freeze and stuff.
    So Yeah,
    I don't mind if U don't let me. :spam:
    This has been a message from Tim_27
    Enjoy!

4. king-george

king-george Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

Hello Aphelion, this is an application for acting as an admin in your server.
    Lately I see people killing each other when its peace, so I would like to be an admin in this server.
    Sincerely, King George

5. steve_jobs

steve_jobs Bison Rider

Can I please be an admin on your role-play server.
    I usually see people random-killing and greifing
    I would like to keep the server fun since it is the only good role-play around

-steve_jobs

6. icemaverick

icemaverick Catapult Fodder

Though there has not been a large amount of time to get to know me, I'd like to submit an application for Moderator/Admin status simply to keep the peace.

I poked into your modded servers once or twice early on, but I really got into it when you started hosting Fortress CTF. When that gamemode disappeared one day, I was a bit lost for a while but rediscovered you after finding out you now host a RP server instead. Since then, I've been logging about 4-8 hours a day for the last 2 weeks now, and I've been getting an idea of the player climate and what many people consider to be too far.

- I permit War entirely. If a faction desires war, let them have at it. As it stands in my current status as a player, should either side want to broker peace (and I'm on a 3rd faction) I will try to break them apart and arbitrate a peace agreement between them to calm them back down. When a side surrenders, or is utterly bombed back to the stone age, I will often call fights there and have the aggressors back off and I declare peace between them to prevent one faction being utterly crippled and removed from the game.

- Same-team griefing, of any kind, I will not tolerate. No player should break their own teammate's structures or the structures of an allied nation. However, should war break out, or mutual aggression between two players form, I will allow them to bruise each other, but will stop it from spreading to other structures not involved in the fight. Those that are involved in a fight, are entirely fair game.

- I roll with the established lore that the current player list sets up. For example, just today, three factions worked together to build a large meeting hall on the map, and suggested that it is a Demilitarized Zone, and that no fighting should take place there. Instead, this is where faction leaders would meet to discuss peace terms, alliances, trades, and other business. Across the server, people agreed. It was considered a neutral zone that did not belong to any one faction, and all could find peace there. However, when 2 factions on the server went to war, one of them set to demolishing the neutral zone entirely, despite it not belonging to their enemy. In my eyes, because of the agreements made and the lore established, I would consider this to be a wrong-doing.

- I spend just as much time, if not more time glued to the chat log, reading the events of the server, following conversations, and assisting players than I do actually playing the game itself. As such, my chances of missing time-sensitive calls for help from an Admin would be little to none. There are periods where I do nothing more than sit atop a tower or a hill and read the chat, answering questions, and directing other players to what they're searching for, speeding off towards the first sign of trouble to help the players issue player-body chosen Kicks and votes.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and though now might certainly be too soon, I hope that in the future, you may consider adding me to the moderation team.

7. king-george

what happened to my administration? I was on vacation

8. IMAFRIGGINGUYDUDES

IMAFRIGGINGUYDUDES Catapult Fodder

I want to be an admin because I am tired of being ping banned, I will donate for that, but also, I want to be one of the first admins to have some knowledge of the servers. Also, your servers ARE my favorite and I love them. I play whenever your servers are not full, though they always are. So, I would like to be an admin. -THIS IS MINIFIREBALL102 SORRY FOR THE OTHER NAME

9. IMAFRIGGINGUYDUDES

IMAFRIGGINGUYDUDES Catapult Fodder

Also, I consistently have suggestions for the server, like allied spikes should not hurt you and other things. And more. -THIS IS MINIFIREBALL102 SORRY FOR THE OTHER NAME

10. king-george

First of all(no offence) you have no knowledge of other players, my point is that you said 'I want to be one of the first admins to have some knowledge of the servers'. I have knowledge of the servers.
    Again, no offence.

11. crawfish

crawfish Ballista Bolt Thrower

I would like to apply for admin. I have been an admin before, I am still an admin, this account is almost two years old so I'm not a noob :wink:, and last of all I really enjoy your Roleplay server and I want to reduce the amount of griefers on it!- thanks craw ::):

12. Starsly

Starsly Bison Rider

So uh, can I be an admin? I see alot of new players trying to kill people for no reason, and switching to their team to kick them so that they don't start a war isn't the best because they don't understand whats going on. It would be better if I could freeze them and explain what roleplay is. I've been a fan of your mods for a while, since the wizzie/mage one and I really like your servers.

13. Aphelion

1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Last edited: Jan 2, 2014
  14. stefmon

stefmon Builder Stabber

I'd like to apply. I join from the UK and there are no admins on whenever I am except a VIP every once in a while. I have freezing to do, people to kick. It will be enjoyable.

15. orange_otter_01

orange_otter_01 Ballista Bolt Thrower

hello, I'm an active player on your role-play server,
    I would like to apply for admin so i can keep the server as fun as possible

-orange_otter_01

16. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

Hi.
    I would like to apply for admin on your beta roleplay server.
    I have had expereance being admin on servers before including: the old classic Xebo/ Exaulted roleplay servers, buck_eats_toast roleplay server which is comeing out on classic and the roleplay colonization server on beta which is being fixed.
    I continuously see random kills and griefeing from races that are allied etc.
    Please reply.
    eragon200012

17. Rubixxcube

Rubixxcube Bison Rider

As much as I dislike applying for things, I feel that this is a pretty good exception. Your RP server is the best one I've seen, ever. I'm not trying to suck up to you, it's legitimate. KARPS was, at times, more fun, but that was just a result of the sheer number of features on it. That's easily fixable. What I'm talking about, however, is the way that the server is policed. In most cases, RP servers would do fine if they just had good admins, but what's great about yours is that it's almost completely self-policing. Although there are a few holes in the system, it's really well done. The way that alliances work is exactly what I've been looking for in RP. I was actually able to enjoy myself in an RP server, which is REALLY saying something.

That being said, there are still quite a few times in which an admin is needed, and I feel that I can fit that role. I take it pretty seriously, if you can't tell. I'm applying for admin on RP, but I'll gladly help out with your other servers if you'll have me. Thanks.

E: If you need more, or you want to know my admining history, check out my Official Server Admin application here.

18. -Crimson-

-Crimson- Haxor

I am going to be very honest with you here, I am 15, from Australia, I take what I do seriously whether that be skateboarding, playing competitive on games or even eating cereal (:D). So instead of judging me later on, you can judge me here. I am not enrolling for admin on any of your competitive servers but simply your Roleplay server(s). I am a HUGE fan when it comes to roleplaying especially fantasy (elf,dwarf etc) wise. Every roleplay servers these days usually go to hell when admins are not on. I will be able to go on the roleplay servers when other admins are asleep which is the hellest of all hell time on the server, and they can do the same for me. I can be quite a retard/joker on ctf/competitive servers but when it comes down to roleplay I take it very seriously, but don't take me as a party pooper that ruins fun for one little thing someone does. I will of course be considerate, I am a faithful, humble guy at heart and when I want something done I make sure I do it efficiently. If you're going to pick someone that you can trust, pick me.

(I am not that experienced with the rcon console yet though.)

19. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

hi @Aphelion3371, I'd like to be admin. I've been admin on many servers and are also admin on the official servers.

20. Aphelion

1. Aphelion's Roleplay