1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Weather Suggestions

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Klokinator, Jan 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Mods: Rainbows
  1. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Okay so I was joking in the build 984 thread about the weather, except when I got to thinking about it I really wasn't.

Day/night cycle is kinda bland right now. In fact, it isn't even used on vanilla servers because IIRC that makes the server count as "modded". So I had an idea for weather that would cycle randomly and would generally be more hazardous than just plain sunny weather.

Rain: Slows everyone by 10% vertical speed. Limits vertical ascension of any form dramatically and makes catapult launching fire 50% less far. Puts out all fires it hits unless the fire was started under an overhang. Essentially slows down movement and gameplay speed for the duration of the weather.

Thunder: Rain may sometimes turn into a Thunderstorm. Lightning will shoot from the sky and strike a point on the left, middle, and right sides that is the tallest point. If it strikes wood, that wood will catch on fire. If it strikes stone or natural tiles, it will fizzle and do nothing. If someone is standing on that tile they will be struck dead. (Hey it's your fault for standing on a goddamn skyscraper in a thunderstorm, idiot.)

Snow: Freezes the top layer of water, making it slippery. Anyone underwater will be slowed an additional 15%. You can break the top layer of ice but it will re-freeze in 15 seconds after breaking. All movement speed when snowing is slowed by 25%. Jumping height is slightly reduced when snowing only.

Hail/Acid Rain: Deals 1/4th heart HP damage every two seconds to everyone on the map unless they shield up or hide under an overhang. This means every 8 seconds you will take 1 HP damage unless you find cover. This phenomenon will usually pass within a minute but is very annoying.

Strong Winds: Wind may sometimes occur, blowing one way or another, changing directions every so often so one team isn't at an extreme disadvantage constantly. Affects projectile and horizontal speed dramatically.

I'd be interested in playing a server that modded something like this in :O

2. Landoo2

Landoo2 Ballista Bolt Thrower

3. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Landoo's right. Locked.

Mods: Rainbows
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.