1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

In your eyes, what _small_ quality of life suggestions would vastly improve the game?

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by lavalord, Nov 23, 2013.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

In a game where 20 seconds can mean a win or a loss, having one guy doing nothing but counting as a slot that a newly joining player won't fill is bad. They can just get afk kicked and log back in if they want. 1-2 minutes is extremely reasonable.

I'd actually like to see something like this but only if it were a daily leaderboard. An all-time board would be subject to so much abuse.

makmoud98 likes this.
  2. Alpaca

Alpaca Haxor

gauging individual skill in a team game where how well any given player does is reliant on both their teammates and their opponents is incorrect. Just because you can pub stomp a bunch of people who bought the game yesterday, or sit on a tower as an archer for 3 hours and never do anything that could get yourself killed, skyrocketing your "score" to the top of the "leader" board does not make you better than all of the skilled players with 1:1's playing against other people who actually know how to light bombs, who know that suicide running with a keg to destroy the other team's tower is more important than kd whoring.

I'm sure you know all of this, but there are a hell of a lot of people who don't, and their gloating would be endless if a leaderboard was established, and they got to the top by refusing to actually play the game.

e: ps.:

if you want bragging rights, or to see who's better than who, this is a team game: form a team, set up a tourney, and then find out the real way. While it's true that individual skill does vary from player to player, it doesn't matter nearly as much as the team does, and it's actually *mostly* possible to accurately gauge a team's skill.

Basically what I'm trying to say, this player has "this many points" or "this many kills" is meaningless unless you know who they were playing against, and who they were playing with, so unless you want to have a huge 1v1 tourney, why not just skip it altogether and make the team part of the rating?

hierbo, makmoud98 and Kouji like this.
  3. Trumbles

Trumbles Bison Rider

Yeah, i'm also against leaderboards. It's bad enough that people gloat after standing on a hill all game and stomping people who just started playing, not contributing anything towards victory, I'd hate to see the game TRACK that crap.

I just wish that the game would remember my server search preferences, once i leave a server.

makmoud98 likes this.
  4. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Well there are only three options.

1. Remove k/d, I'd be fine with this but many wouldn't.
    2. Leave the system as-is. Why fix what isn't really broken I guess?
    3. Make the system fuller by adding leaderboards. This would encourage all the problems in the last couple posts.

I personally don't give a shit. I can honestly say I'd prefer option 1 but I'm not opposed to any of them really. And since I care more about the bugs ingame (Like the timer respawn glitch and the slashing with kegs glitch) than I do my k/d stats all of these are just wastes of time imo.

5. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

- Make the buymenu at TDM similar to the CTF one, in the sense of not dissappearing once you buy a thing.

- Make mines automatically get into your backpack when you buy them if there's room enough.

Klokinator, Trumbles and Alpaca like this.
  6. Ecued

Ecued Shopkeep Stealer

When you start a match, the timer is covered by the server info box, and then by the map if you expand it.

Move the match start timer to the upper right

Last edited: Jan 9, 2014
    Auburn, Froghead48, hierbo and 5 others like this.
  7. Landoo2

Landoo2 Ballista Bolt Thrower

Froghead48 likes this.
  8. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I would like a sort of leader-board if it deducted points for specific things. IE, suicides and regular deaths, and specific deaths via from bombs, or sharks. Being AFK for 30 seconds or longer, will also deduct points, and perhaps even arrows that don't hit anything (players, animals/npc) also get points deducted. It'll force them to not spam arrows so much and actually think about what to do if they want a proper place on the leader board.

Secondly I always wanted a list on steam or something that shows like the most played server, the least played, how long, and such things like over all kills, over all deaths, days survived for zombies and even how many of what kind of zombie you kill.

Coupled with the above you have a very good, detailed listing of who actually is a hard working player.

• If someone's banned/kicked from a server display info for how long and why. Not to mention adding a timer that would count down till you can join server again (which would be sweet as well).
    • Stop redirecting me to main menu from lobby when I try to join server and it accidentally happens to be full.
    tl;dr - overhaul server browser?

hierbo and Klokinator like this.
  9. Alpaca

Alpaca Haxor

How long is the attention span of someone for which that was too long to read? Goldfish level?

10. cutbox

cutbox Catapult Fodder

more in-game admin tools, ya know?

11. makmoud98

makmoud98 You are already DEAD Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

we should have the same point system as the one in COD

12. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

1. Faster/More Effective way to pickup/buy items because I hate playing as an offensive knight and I'm not able to buy kegs or bombs fast enough
    2. More blocks/items that can be used for traps
    3. Kill-streaks or titles given to you when you get kill chains
    4. Maybe your character starts glowing and you'd have a bounty so whoever kills you gets extra gold
    5. Extremely difficult achievements that give you special heads
    6. Make trampolines like ladders so you can rotate them and also make them stick/attach to whatever surface they are placed on
    7. Huge buff to builders considering they are the weakest class right now... Maybe a juggernaut suit they can live longer but they move slower... And a weapon buff...
    8. More weapons or armor for each custom class that enhances health/damage but decreases mobility/bomb jumping/grappling

13. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Do you mean like hotkey+click? Because spamming left click 4 times takes maybe 1 second... CTRL+Left Click when buying items to buy max might be nice but really this should be a non issue for the most part.

Edit: Though this doesn't work in TDM maps so if you play only those or mostly those you'll probably be very annoyed.

/agree

plzno
    kill whoring exists already let's not make it worse

That might actually be kinda interesting for a modded ctf though...

:/

Eh not my thing but lots of steamies want it so, who knows?

Spacebar rotation for trampolines would really be useful, and wall sticking might be awesome too. I approve.

No. Get better at the game. Builders are fine, they just need to be able to place blocks faster like in classic, OR have a longer build time, OR have a better line of sight for block placement. One of those three.

There are mods for this and it will never happen in vanilla, sorry.

14. TheDirtySwine

I think that players that are able to get a lot of kills in a row should be rewarded... Not in a way that makes their fighting enhanced but rather titles that make them feel empowered. Like in League of Legends, every time you get a kill streak going it says "Player is on a rampage! "Player is godlike!" "Player is legendary!" Maybe kag could have its own swing at it with some cooler/funnier titles...

Klokinator and 8x like this.
  15. Alpaca

Alpaca Haxor

Builders don't need a buff, and contrary to klok's beliefs they place blocks way faster than they did in alpha. I personally prefer alpha builders, who built way slower but could actually do something in combat other than get killed, where as the beta ones are practically useless in combat, but they build tremendously faster. They aren't weak, they're just different. I believe that this leads towards stalemates, but that's besides the point; builders don't need a buff, you aren't supposed to be fighting knights with them, you're supposed to be building walls with them.

p.s. they also have longer block place range than in alpha too

16. TheDirtySwine

I think a buff would just be more items/blocks that could be used for traps... Or maybe preset trap blocks?

17. Alpaca

Alpaca Haxor

more traps and minecrafters would make stalemates even worse, but whatever floats your boat :D

18. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

In regards to "hating" having to buy items in a middle of battle, what if a system was modded in that can allow players to purchase items for other players and it sends it to them via carrier bird? It'll fly, and instantly drop it by them or in their inventory, and the enemy can kill the bird and obtain those items before hand?

Also to make this a bit more..life like, in replace of the fact we don't have in-game voice chats, what if you can type letters out and send them to other players, and they can read them? Imagine the bird being killed and the enemy obtaining detailed information about strategical way-points?

19. Alpaca

Alpaca Haxor

what strategical way points? The game is 2d. Don't expect too much "strategy" to be involved unless it directly involves fighting or building.

Mods: Rainbows