1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KAG Steam Trading Cards

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Duplolas, Dec 27, 2013.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

Its been a bit since KAG was released unto steam. A lot more players have bought the game, fallen in love, and so on. It seems only fit that with the options KAG now has with Steam, wouldn't it be a cool idea to have some trading cards?

Simple idea:

Have the community come up with some ideas for trading cards. Ones like Knight, Archer, Builder, Bison, Shark would be great. Rewards for collecting them all could be community created too. A theme making contest could be held or something along those lines. As for the emoticons you get as a reward, well thats pretty obvious in my opinion. :B):::):::D::huh?::wink:

Also, if I remember right, every card sold on the community market has a % taken out that is given to Valve and the creators of the game. So not only does it provide advertisement of the game, it brings in a bit of money too.

Thoughts and ideas?

FuzzyBlueBaron, Shambls and Beef like this.
  2. link6155

link6155 Haxor Staff Alumni Tester Official Server Admin
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

3. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Also thread moved. Seriously, you should know where threads go by now.

BlueLuigi and link6155 like this.
  4. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

I thought the "Suggestions & Ideas" category was for In-Game suggestions only? All of the suggestions listed in the "List of Suggestions" thread are in-game suggestions. Thought that this would be best left for general discussion.

5. Invaders

Invaders Shark Slayer

It would be cool, but I think Valve only lets bigger games have cards.

6. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

7. Invaders

Invaders Shark Slayer

I dont know, but in the end, the cards won't happen unless the devs choose to do so.

8. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

Just checked and the Devs get 10% of anything sold on the steam community market.

9. Spec7

Spec7 Tree Planter

It could be possible.

According to Steam Trading Cards FAQs-

I have a game on Steam, how can my game participate?
    "Contact your Steam Account Manager for details on how to get your game into the program."

Even so what art direction should the cards be?

Pixels?

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

As seen from the main site.

These are humorous for the record.

------------------------------------------------------

Comic style similar to KAG web-comic by xiaojin67?

------------------------------------------------------

Or use the existing art from KAG Banner?
    Like the promo art you see with the knight, builder, and archer on the main site.

Joiken likes this.
  10. I'm pretty sure Geti already said somewhere on the announcements they were working on it.

11. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

Instead of adding Steam Trading Cards to the list of things the devs need to do. Why not just let the community do it? Backgrounds, emoticons, trading cards, and so on can all be made by the community. Then everything else is left up to the devs, which really would only be getting steam to approve it and the tasks that go along with it.

12. I totally agree.

13. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

The reason is obviously because Geti is way better.

Contrary and Joiken like this.
  14. True tho.

Mods: Rainbows