1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Community Head Pack

Discussion in 'Modding [KAG]' started by 8x, Dec 11, 2013.

1. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

This thread is for the creation and composition of a Community Head Pack resource. Post here your own heads, and the heads you've seen at forums, stating who made them. There are plenty of nice heads from Classic texture packs, I intend to rescue some too.

We will try to follow these lines:

. Post a maximun of 3 heads for now, each with its male and female version (this number might vary)
    . You can post more for us to vote if you want, but not more than 6 please so we can handle it better
    . If they're not yours: post who made them and try to write its forum thread link here
    . Heads should be close to the vanilla style, mainly colours (we're not going to modify anything else at the moment, so they should fit the current characters sprites)
    . Credits will go to those who made the heads, No one should claim authorship of any head he/she hasn't done, nor copy them and post here saying the heads are his/hers
    . As soon as we reach the number of 61 heads (61 male 61 female, in related pairs) I will make the sheet and post it here, or make a resource. I would ask a forum moderator to post it when needed, it's not that I want popularity by making this so I might not make the resource by myself.

As it will be a community creation, I believe there will be no problems in taking heads from inactive members. Yeh, I'm thinking of mishKa among others.

Here's my 3 ones

3 heads.png

2. paradoxicalenigma

paradoxicalenigma Arsonist

Made a thread like this some time ago, haven't been able to keep up with it though. Check it out for some heads that were thought up.

3. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

I'm basically waiting for someone to throw the first shot, then I'll post some heads from old texture packs. Can you post a link to the thread? We could mix it with this.

4. paradoxicalenigma

5. 8x

Here the first heads (picked by me), by @Contrary and @Gurin :

Contrary and Gurin.png

Contrary: I changed the colour of the Clown hair, to fit the Heads.png logic.
    Gurin: I made the female ones trying to stick to the male ones.

This, as stated above, are personal picks, the heads i liked most from what I've seen on forums lately. If any or both of you prefer other of your heads, different modifications, your own or different female versions Gurin, or your designs not to be used, write it here and I'll remove them from my folder.

@paradoxicalenigma thanks for the link, if you made a female and complete version of your pirate head, roman like helmet, and hood head I'd be so glad. I can try to make them too. Should this happen, I'll ask you the same I'm asking above.

Apart from this, I've been checking most of the headpacks at the Classic forum section. Even I got some sprites ComJak did, if any of you remembers him. It's pretty likely to use more than 3 heads from some old spriters, not only for their quality, but also for their different styles and quantity among them.

6. paradoxicalenigma

Loving the heads by these two.

7. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

Were I to choose three hats to submit to this, I would not have chosen any of those. In fact if I were to release an actual hat pack I might exclude the clown and Daft Punk heads due to my dislike of anachronistic hats. Not to mention the fact that those were made near the end of my hat spree, where I was getting particularly careless.

That said my tastes are usually contrary to that of the general populace, particularly with my own work, so take whichever ones you like.

8. 8x

You are to choose them, not me. I only posted that image to get things started.