1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Red zone for spawn points

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by favnian, Jan 1, 2014.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. favnian

favnian Catapult Fodder

Spawn Killers are rampant in this game. Maybe there could be a red zone to keep the other team out of the spawn area.

2. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

We already have ridiculous 2 second spawn protection. If people build a tiny wall around their spawn that will solve all issues with spawn killing.

3. Jlordo

Jlordo Nobody Donator

If you die to spawn killers, then you have pretty much already lost.

4. favnian

favnian Catapult Fodder

eh, just a suggestion.

5. Trumbles

Trumbles Bison Rider

The 2 seconds of spawn invincibility should be plenty enough time to either get away from the spawnkiller, or murder his face. A redzone isn't really necessary =P

6. Rubixxcube

Rubixxcube Bison Rider

This. Almost all classes can get away and do something. I've been killed countless times by guys I got the drop on, simply because of invincibility.
    If anything, it should be removed in places like warboats, because it makes it almost impossible to take one over.

Trumbles likes this.
  7. Trumbles

Trumbles Bison Rider

TBH, the whole spawning system should be re-worked. Players should spawn in waves. The respawn counter should be global, not on a per-player basis. When i'm trying to cap a warboat, someone spawns in every second, and interrupts the cap. I kill them, someone else spawns. This goes on and on until i mass murder them all at once.

8. hierbo

hierbo Ballista Bolt Thrower
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

I think your war boat problem is unrelated. The problem with capturing the war boat/ballista is that it does not count as contested when being captured, like the halls do.

I think your problem would disappear if it became impossible to spawn at a vehicle when enemies are in/in front of it.

9. Rubixxcube

Rubixxcube Bison Rider

This would make warboats completely useless. There would not even be a point to using them anymore, since the entire point of having a warboat is having a mobile spawn in front of an enemy base that you're sieging.

A longboat would probably become better, simply because you can reach a higher speed and ram through buildings, like everybody used to.

10. hierbo

hierbo Ballista Bolt Thrower
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

I don't think that's true. You could still spawn in the war boat, provided it isn't being actively besieged at the time that your respawn timer is up, just like halls.

Mods: Rainbows