1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Haven & Hearth

Discussion in 'Other games' started by Doom6464, Jun 17, 2011.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Worm

Worm Derpship Commander Donator

[​IMG]
    Can anyone tell me what is point of this?

2. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

Raider hideout.

Brick wall is protection, but the gate goes unused. They teleport inside using the village idol and/or crossroads instead. Hearthfires are kept inside the cabin to prevent summoning with scents.

BlueLuigi and Worm like this.
  3. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

Does anyone want to play? Me and worm are all alone in our base and I don't know how long I can sustain interest when it's just us. Would be nice to see new faces.

4. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

There was a group of us playing on-off, but because we had a late start, by the time we reached a mid-stage village, two raiders screwed us to hell and back by punching their way through the palisade after murdering our two miners, whereupon the broke our hearths, pillaged our womenfolk and ravaged our cupboards.

I think we'll end up playing from the beginning of the next world, though.

5. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

I might be able to join.

Played with a few old community guys and SHARK guys, so we had a few houses built along with starting a palisade. We didn't run into much people (we're wayyyyy up North), but I had been leveling the shit out of range with my slingshot. Also lacked any violent / kill 'em guys since we rarely ran into people. Ruskies would sometimes stroll by our place and take one or two things outside the property block (like our fucking boats), but we have a good farm and chicken coop set up.

Apronymous and Neat like this.
  6. Fritz

Fritz Shipwright

Yeah, I'd like to join too if that's possible.
    I started playing this shite back in the mid-W3. I was in a shitty village on a forested island, the part I loved the most was ferrying cargo from there to Constantinopole and back. Then I moved to a town near the map borders which was a lot more organized than the last one, played a lot back then. Had a bit of fun in W4, skipped W5, tried W6 a few times. I'd really like to get back into this now, though.

Neat and Worm like this.
  7. Neat

Fritz you've got full permissions now. Yagger I need your hf secret or you need to come online at the same time as me.

8. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

I "think"(not sure) I fixed the bug that was giving me a black screen.
    So could join if there are spots left/ this bug doesn't come back like it has until now.

9. Rocinante

Rocinante Ballista Bolt Thrower

I'm up for trying it. I tried this game out a few years ago but playing it all by my lonesome was just bad.

10. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Friendly reminder: Don't set any permissions on white or make sure you have no Hearth Secret.

I know it's a bit inconvenient, but people can bruteforce that password, especially easy if they know a bit about you. In W3 we got into a few settlements that way, was truly glorious just guessing shit and getting keys that way.

Worm likes this.
  11. Neat

Thanks luigi, though worm told me beforehand, I never noticed until then :P.

BlueLuigi likes this.
  12. Worm

Most of settlements in W7 seems to be rather abandoned than raided by ruskies - I have seen only one really raided place, apparently it was sorta Polish village.
    It didn't have village claim or personal claim. I decided to take a look in it - found some nice stuff in it. Since it looked dead too, I've asked Fritz to go with me to that place again so we could take more items. So went off our village, heading again (but with Fritz now) to that destroyed, decaying place. When we were both near it, I ran bit closer to it. Suddenly, a guy in bear cape and sort of armor popped out mining hole.

Barely survived a heart attack.

BlueLuigi likes this.
  13. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

Always carry at least a bucket of water with you while exploring. ::P:
    Really makes running around/away easier with 10L of quality water with you.

BlueLuigi likes this.
  14. Worm

Unless someone chasing you would have a water bucket too.

15. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

Pretty much, still doesn't hurt to have some extra speed while exploring.

16. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I always have the waterskin/whatever (the bigger one), and then a bucket of hq water, then just sprint if shit hits the fan. I'd love to join you guys, but I know sadly just how much time that game can suck out of you.

17. czubai

czubai KAG Guard Tester

Ah, the memories. Would love to feel those feels again, but my job limited me to casual games only lately. ;p

Also hi. ;D

Worm likes this.
  18. Worm

Aaaand we got raided by 4 guys in merchant robes. One of our guys is dead and Neat's alt is dead. I ran away from one guy thanks to tea... I guess we will need to start again from scratch, beacuse area is unsafe. Can't see a safe place in our outposts since they can be raided soon...

EDIT1: They stole our large chest and killed our animals, no one is guarding. I can't see anything more detailed in village, too scared to go in with my main :QQ:

Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
  19. Shadowofgold

Shadowofgold Haxor

I tried Haven and Hearth a long time ago... I wondered alone for several hours, and I think I made about fifteen different sets of lean-tos and beds for absolutely no reason, and I ate apples every once in a while. I also stole some dude's skull out of a basket.

I haven't had anyone to play with me or tell me what the hell I should be doing so I never went back to it, although I probably wouldn't mind trying again sometime.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2014
  20. Neat

I'm giving up while I still have my sanity. Being raided sucks. I'll remember all the fun times I have and leave before we rebuild and get raided again by trolls who won't leave us alone. Time well spent, but time for me to move on. Sorry shadow and anyone who still wanted to play with us.

Mods: BlueLuigi