1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Archers able to grapple people?

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Slojanko, Jan 9, 2014.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. Slojanko

Slojanko Shopkeep Stealer

I think it would be amazing if archers could grapple people. Like when they are climbing a wall and there's an enemy standing on top of it. An archer could grapple him instead of a wall, and pull him off.

I think 1 slash from a knights sword or 1 hit from a builders hammer should destroy the grapple connection.

What do you think? I just thought It would be fun to have it. ::):

2. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Yeah this was thought of very early on in testing when grapple was first implemented, but it was removed because it basically broke how physics worked. I think it also caused lag and fps drop. Anyways, I doubt it could be implemented even as a mod because that.

PinXviiN likes this.
  3. Slojanko

Oh.. Well thanks for telling me.

4. SergeantPL

SergeantPL Base Burner

Anyway if archer could grab ppl with hook, that will be too OP..., lol what when 2 archers will grab them at the same time? It's glitchy idea... :rektlord:

PinXviiN likes this.
  5. Slojanko

Everything about kag is op.

The game turned from

'A well built castle makes all the difference' Into a

'Bitch, please. We got cata's. balista's. Warships. Mines. kegs. Bombs. Bomb arrows. Fire arrows. Boulders to launch at ye' house. Archers with grapples. Etc."

What's wrong with a little more op? Though Kouji is right.

6. hierbo

hierbo Ballista Bolt Thrower
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

I approve of your idea, provided that the archer shouts "GET OVER HERE!!!" when he performs the human grapple.

7. JoshTG

JoshTG Ballista Bolt Thrower

You can grapple people in chrispins ssb mod, it is crazy though, not vanilla game material.

BlueLuigi and I3lue like this.
  8. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

What Josh said above is right... but Chris's grapple methods are different than what's said here.
    I believe that if you really wanted to mod it in or something... just have it where if an archer happens to grapple your ass, you can break his grapple... which then means that he will lose that thing and wont be able to grapple ever again till he dies to a horrible fate... or buys a new one from an archer shop... if he's lucky enough to not get stomped, spam stabbed, or slashed to death... xD

9. oblex

oblex Builder Stabber

I don't think it will be a good idea think about it, a ranged class dragging a knight, whose most deadly at close range right into your face, not sure that will be a pretty sight, even a builder could maybe pummel an archer to death. unless you got friendly knights right behind you for backup it won't work very well.

10. Humblar_Tabulu

Humblar_Tabulu TURTLE Turtle turtle... Donator

Or, how about an archer shooting an arrow with a rope attached? hmm??? For other people to climb? Hmmm? tell me that's not a good idea.

(Don't really tell me its not a good idea, TELL ME HOW MUCH YOU LOVE IT!!!)

Hue

11. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I liked it at first. Then that hue came in... xD
    I feel like that could be a tad op... since it's kinda like an insta ladder for ppl.. o-o

12. Humblar_Tabulu

Yeah, it'd be OP, BUT, You'd have to buy it for maybe like 20 gold or something.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 11, 2014 ---
    Could be severed by any weapon also

13. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

With the amount of gold being produced by knights currently... still very OP.

14. Humblar_Tabulu

Well, its a thought for the devs to think on.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 11, 2014 ---
    I'm sure they've most likely thought of this anyways...

15. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I think they have. But hey, at least you tried. c:

16. oblex

oblex Builder Stabber

That could work make it like 40+ gold, single use and easy to destroy could balance it.

17. Slojanko

That could really work. An annoyance for builders is archers climbing up the wall and when a builder punches him an archer would simply jump down and grapple the wall again. perhaps if the grapple could be destroyed by hiting it and by enough force, say from jumping from the top of the map and grappling near the bottom.

18. Humblar_Tabulu

I'm talking about gold harvested from the level, not gold gained from getting kills in CTF.

Mods: Rainbows