1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Games That Have Made You Tear Up/Cry

Discussion in 'Other games' started by Duplolas, Jan 8, 2014.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

So I just finished Assassin's Creed Blackflag and I teared up pretty bad at the end. After it was done and over with, I thought back to all the games that had such great endings that it made me do the same. Games like Fallout 3 (before the DLC) are the ones im talking about.

So post here some of your favorite games that made you tear up or cry.

icemusher, jimmyzoudcba and Asu like this.
  2. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days is pretty much the only game I can recall that made me cry. It's actually the only Kingdom Hearts game that I've played, (much to the consternation of many hardcore Kingdom Hearts fans, I'm sure) but I managed to get attached enough to the characters to cry by the end.

Joiken and 101i like this.
  3. Shadowofgold

Shadowofgold Haxor

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team.
    Also kinda PMD: Explorers of Darkness but I was prepared because Red rekt me.

bout likes this.
  4. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

Oh yes. I didn't even think of the GBA games that made me cry. First time ever playing pokemon Yellow, I am down to my last pokemon and it is my pickachu of course vs. their last pokemon, dragonite. I won by like 10 hp. I was tearing up so hard, screams of joy could be heard from miles.

5. Worm

Worm Derpship Commander Donator

The Walking Dead.
    If you haven't played it yet, prepare for feels train.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2014
  6. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

I watch the show and I know from my friends how good the games are. I cry watching the show evry tym

7. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

I cry every time I see a water bomb in KAG.

Like-farming aside, I found the Fallout 3 ending to be really disappointing. Why didn't the orc kind of guy just go in there? I play games like Fallout to roam around and do what I want, not get railroaded into permanently dying a stupid death.

Lots of games gave me some heavy feels though, like The Last of Us and Beyond: Two Souls to name a few recent ones. Suikoden remains my favourite RPG of all time in part for its well written tragedy. Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 definitely make the list as well- interesting to hear about 382/2, personally I've refused to buy any spinoffs until they release a real third game.

I'm a huge sob so I know there's a fairly large list of games that have made me legitimately cry, can't think of too many at the moment though.

8. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I've played To The Moon.
    So many feels... holy shit... o-o

9. Graver

Graver Haxor

Call of juarez...and dishonored.

10. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

Just remembered the ending of Gamecube's harvest moon. :'(

11. Worm

Worm Derpship Commander Donator

Show is bad. Comics are far better.
    Plus, Carl is a douchebag in show..

12. Beyond Two Souls and Journey. Journey is so beautiful :'(

13. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Beyond Two Souls hit me right in the feels button... that ending was powerful man. POWERFUL... o -o

I3lue likes this.
  14. Fate

Fate Studying seashells

I think the only game that made me genuinely sad at the end was Legend of Zelda: the Minish Cap. The scene were Ezlo and Link depart was quite sad.

15. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

Dark souls in the beginning, I didn't know where to go and just kept going down to the haunted ghost place and kept getting rekd because I couldn't fight back the ghosts.

SirDangalang likes this.
  16. copper40

copper40 Casual Misogynist

Ending of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

Every other sad moment of any Zelda game doesn't live up to this one. You have to listen to that horrifically depressing music that plays during the credits. Word of advice, if you finish off Ganon, SHUT THE GAME OFF AFTER PRINCESS ZELDA SAYS "Six Sages, Now!", you will save yourself from ruining your day.

Other than that, there really aren't that many sad moments in Ocarina of Time - mostly funny moments like where King Zora moves his fat ass or Ganondorf knocks Young Link to the ground.

I heard the ending of The Wind Waker was pretty upsetting and the entire game of Majora's Mask was very depressing, but they weren't that upsetting.

17. Solaris

Solaris Batlord Sliftensnurgh Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. Practitioners of War Extreme Revolution - POWER

Cried like a bitch at all 4 mass effect 3 endings, so sad. Too bad that game wasn't that great.

18. Darksteel

Darksteel The see me Boulderin', they hatin'. Donator
    1. Australians United Stand Strong - AUSS - (Invite Only)

I remember playing a pixel art game on Newgrounds, you were some doctor who invented the cure for cancer, then the cure wipes out humanity, cried so hard about half way through, but I won't spoil it in case anybody hasn't played it.

Sgnt_Sneeky-Pants and Solaris like this.
  19. Planescape: Torment.

FuzzyBlueBaron and icemusher like this.
  20. MechaTrickster

MechaTrickster Banned Donator

This the only good post in this thread, I'm just picturing some hairy guy in his twenties dedicating his entire weekend. Wearing nothing but underwear playing purely this one part of the game and never beating it. He screams and hits his head against walls like a 5 year old. Just imaging a breakdown like that is hilarious.

The rest of you guys cry at the most shallow stuff.

I didn't cry or hit my head on things but I got angry alot when playing Zone Of The Enders 1 & 2 all weekend

Mods: BlueLuigi