1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

YouPoppedMyBalloon

Discussion in 'Archive' started by YouPoppedMyBalloon, Jan 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YouPoppedMyBalloon

YouPoppedMyBalloon Catapult Fodder

How often do you play?

Around 1-2 hours daily, 2-3 on weekends, generally speaking.
    Which well known servers have you had admin on before? (if yes, answer the following sub-questions below as well)

Yes, I have served as Admin on a server called Invader's Funhouse.
    Did you simply get admin because you are a friend of the owner?

Yes.
    How long were you admin?

I still serve as an admin on that server.
    Was your admin status ever removed and if so why?

It was not.

Do you have any recommendations from guards or server owners or other notable people?If so, ask them to post here

N/A
    Why should you get admin and what makes you a good admin?

Personally, I'm not really someone to make hasty decisions or jump to conclusions, something that I've seen a lot of admins doing recently on custom servers, causing a lot of undeserved bans. I will be active daily on the server, and, lastly, I can be very vigilant for griefers and hackers.
    Any other information you think might be relevant?

I have been an avid player of this game, since around June, 2013, before it was released on Steam (only 2 months have I spent moderating). I have never been banned on any server for anything other than lagging out. In addition, although it may hold no relevance, I am a decently skilled player. Thank you for taking your time to read my application. I hope you consider me a capable admin.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
  2. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

It would be nice if you could space out your answers from the initial questions.

I personally have never seen you playing ever. I play a lot too, so thats saying something.

So really I can only go off what you post on this thread.

First off, what do you mean you got admin on a server for being a friend "To begin with"? I don't understand how the reasoning for how you got admin can change over time.

You say you have been playing for 6 months. How long of that time was moderating? Honestly, even if you had spent the entire 6 months moderating, compared to the others who have already been accepted, 6 months is not much, especially when you got it for being a friend.

As for the "undeserved bans" you speak of, are these on official servers, or on custom servers? I personally was just permed from a new custom server for doing a skill wall jump and saying I was able to do it because of "hax" so I know there is some stuff going on. But that was from a guy who is hosting his first server ever and has no idea what hes doing. Those who are already admins have tons of experience and I have personally never seen any kind of abuse going on. If you have, you should report it.

Overall, I don't think you have been active enough in the community for anyone to truely judge you. As I said before, I am only going off of the information that you have provided on this thread, nothing more, nothing less. Posting on the forums helps you get a name for yourself and lets people see what you are like. Yes, you could act completely different from the way you act in-game than you do on the forums, or vice versa, but the hopes are that you can maintain a positive presence in both places. Meanwhile, I have yet to see you at all on both.

And please, don't take this as a personal insult. As I said before, I am only going off of what you have given me.
    Just because you don't have as much experience as the next guy doesn't mean you wouldn't make a good admin. Experience can't be the only scale to judge someone off of, I mean, look at me, I had a lot of moderating experience, around 3 years worth, and I didn't get accepted. If players come flooding on here and shower you with praise, which I hope they do, then all power to ya. I just wouldn't get your hopes for that to happen, but, letting it be known that you want to help out the community is a good step in the right direction.

IMO TL:DR, I probably will see you get admin on the official servers down the road, so long as you are doing good deeds and being a positive role model. Just not right now.

3. YouPoppedMyBalloon

@Duplolas Thank you for the insight and advice. I may not have been as specific as I could have in my application, and should probably wait until I am known a little more before I try this again, assuming I don't get picked (which is what will most likely happen) I am actually trying to use this as an opportunity to gain experience, but I may yet still be too inexperienced and too unknown to be given this opportunity.

norill likes this.
  4. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

Yeah, I wouldn't recommend trying to use this as a way to gain experience. What I think you should do is ask around and see if any other custom servers are looking for mods. Servers like Aphelion's would be a good start. 6 months of experience might be enough for him.

5. crawfish

crawfish Ballista Bolt Thrower

6. YouPoppedMyBalloon

Please don't waste your time on reading or replying to this. I will be waiting a while longer before I even think of trying this again. I would delete this thread, however, I don't believe I can.

Duplolas likes this.
  7. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

Denied, closed. Cannot say anything bad. Maybe try another time.

crawfish likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.