1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Aphelion's Servers

Discussion in 'Server Directory' started by Aphelion, Nov 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sgnt_Sneeky-Pants

Sgnt_Sneeky-Pants Insanity Incarnate Donator

I was referring more to your attitude and your insult of the quoted poster than to the selfishness part. I respect that you've worked hard to make this mod, and whatever you do is up to you. However, I don't respect outright insulting members of your community.

2. Echo14

Echo14 Catapult Fodder

Aphelion!

Thank you for doing something different than just CTF/TTH/Zombies/Ect. Just keep doing what you have been and don't listen to forum trolls.

3. Boea

Boea Such Beta

This forum is not going to go anywhere if we can't event quote posts.

4. Brightside

Brightside Shipwright

THANK YOU SO MUCH OMG.
    [​IMG]

5. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

posts deleted, @Aphelion3371 only report ONE post in an entire thread, it makes it harder to manage the reports

thx

edit: also keep this thread clean or i'm locking it and you'll have to start a new one aphelion.

6. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

On a much more positive note.

[​IMG]

Made this with the help of @Tao and a couple others. It was probably 60% me 40% the others and it took about an hour.

Features: All class shops on the left (Mage isn't but that was a later addition lol), storage next to spawn (To pick up dropped goodies!) and a chicken/keg pen for later use.

Oh and someone made a cool aquaduct at the bottom. Neat job on that.

7. Que

Que Catapult Fodder

Aaah... sorry to intrude here - I was just banned on the Roleplay server 2, and I'm not exactly sure why?
    If I did something wrong, I apologize. I only started playing on them yesterday. Eeegh.

8. Aphelion

Aphelion Wunderkind Donator
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

It was likely a ping ban, which should expire within 10 minutes.

Though the correct place for ban appeals is the Social Forum.

9. Que

Que Catapult Fodder

Thanks, love. I enjoy the servers and would hate to have upset anyone/done something wrong.

10. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Yeah I was just on there not long ago and I didn't ban anyone/there were no other admins on so it was likely a ping ban.

11. Que

Que Catapult Fodder

I'm so sorry to post again, it's still saying I'm banned.
    I'm really not positive what's happened. ;__;
    My in-game name is usually Missus Fox? Aaah.

12. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I'm not sure how rcon works or if I can even do anything but I'll see if I can figure out the /unban command and maybe running that will unban you. That or Aph can do it later, since he knows how that works and all.

Edit: Just a little note for everyone else.

READ THIS IF YOU WANT AN ADMIN POSITION

Last edited: Jan 23, 2014
  13. Aphelion

Aphelion Wunderkind Donator
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

No more updates for a while, as I will be working on Sandbox Survival.

14. Invaders

Invaders Shark Slayer

Youre working on Virdi Militis?
    Grats, you're incredibly talented as a modder.

15. Que

Que Catapult Fodder

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Heeere's a space helmet, Aphelion. Just figured I'd post it here.

edit: also did a rainbow dash for fun idk
    edit2: aaand a fox head. hehe!

Last edited: Jan 25, 2014
  16. king-george

king-george Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

Aphelion, do you currently need any new maps?

17. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Aphelion, reporting that everyone is RKING on there and not voting for war. They are using Catapults and kegs and such, to RK, and someone even said "It's not like that anymore, not enough admin" implying they don't have to follow rules because there are not enough admin on.

We need some admin to log on and force them to follow the rules.

18. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Please take screenshots of keggers and the like. F12. It's one button and it does wonders for us. It makes it more likely for you/others to get admin and it makes sure that people who do that shit get banned.

It's like nobody ever reads big bolded font that has a link to something relevant.

However I keep hearing the same complaint about the lack of admins (Personally I have college and it's been a really busy quarter for me) so maybe we need to take a look at who is worth hiring.

P.S. I'll get on there and see what's going on.

Edit: Yeah tons of Shenanigans, I put a stop to it and banned a couple people. The only way to police the site is to have admins on 24/7 and I find that this leads to a nazi-era style regime of harsh enforcement. Having lulls lets the real troublemakers come out of the woodwork and then screenshotters can catch them.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2014
  19. DonnyCarnage

DonnyCarnage Catapult Fodder

back to the topic of admin abuse, just received a one day ban for switching to orcs from dwarves two minutes after connecting.

No wars were going on.
    It was the admin with the derpy skin.

20. FTWLAMA

FTWLAMA Catapult Fodder

I was banned recently by Klokinator. In this text I will explain why I was unjustly banned. I guess it all started with Dwarf and Humans building to big walls. The Human one was a slightly taller and had a trampoline to bounce over the Dwarf one. Above this I started building on the dwarf island above our base. I saw an extremely large number of kegs by on top of the Human tower by the trampoline. It first I thought nothing of it and continued to build and get supplies. However as a precaution a placed one catapult at the edge of the island. After i few minutes I saw a lone Human jump on the trampoline and over our tower and blow up catapult on our tower(At this time we were neutral). After that a horde of Humans with kegs started hopping the tower. At this time I started to fire. We also tried to vote for war seeing that our base was being attacked. I few shots and I am frozen and banned. No explaination. I assume that Klokinator did not see the Humans with kegs blowing up our tower. My in-game name is
    Lamanamanumi my clan-tag is FTW.

Thank You for reading,
    Lamanamanumi

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.