1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

The Keg store in TTH will randomly explode sometimes.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shambls, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Shambls

Shambls Tree Planter

I don't know what causes it but every so often I'll spawn at the main base usually and out of no where half the shops explode. It's happen way to often for me to believe its a griefer and there are no enemies in sight usually. Does this happen to anyone else or am I crazy?

2. Jlordo

Jlordo Nobody Donator

If you just captured a hall, the mines don't change color and can be activated by stuff. Also (I think) fall damage can cause a mine to blow up. Don't quote me on that though, since they usually break if I drop them, but that's all I can say. But it doesn't only happen to you.

3. jdnvodka

jdnvodka Shipwright

Also it seems sometimes when a mine touches a door and is deployed, like when you put a KEG shop up top (which by the way should never be done). Sometimes when you open said door the mine explodes, at least that's what we figured out

4. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I experienced this yesterday too, it was like my friendly mines had all gone off at once on the middle floor. It leveled the whole base the instant I spawned and scared the shit out of me, but then had me laughing a second later.

5. Trumbles

Trumbles Bison Rider

Yep. Mines+doors = boom the instant the door opens

As a side note, this makes it really easy for builders to self-trigger mines if they're suicidal :^)

BlueLuigi likes this.
  6. Shambls

Shambls Tree Planter

is it an intended feature so archers can effectively lock up and any upward facing doors, or is this a bug?

7. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

This is definitely a bug. If it's a feature... it's stupid. Especially as it affects plain old spawning mines that land on side doors up into the main hall.

8. metalcallous

metalcallous Shipwright

I've experienced this lately as well. Especially with the most common TTH hall construct, being the shops above the hall with access to vertical doors. It's either when a keg/mine falls one story down or hits a door I think. Ever since that, I ensured that all keg shops are properly floored, meaning there is no no door underneath the shop, unlike other types of shops, and it worked :)

9. It's not a bug.
    It happens when mines are in the hall after it's been captured by another team - mines do not change team colour when a hall is captured. I'm pretty sure migrants can set off these mines too - so the slightest movement on the enemy mines sets off the explosion.

Conquerer likes this.
  10. Nivlac_13

Nivlac_13 Shopkeep Stealer

It should be a feature. Mines should explode on doors of the opposite color though.

11. Shambls

Shambls Tree Planter

This will happen to halls that have never been captured.

12. Trumbles

Trumbles Bison Rider

Solution to noncaptured base problem: Build your doors to one side of the ceiling, NOT THE MIDDLE, and place keg shops on the side opposite to the doors. This will prevent mines being on doors in the first place (unless you have griefers), and thus will prevent unwanted explosions.

Solution to captured base: As long as the mines aren't on doors already, go in as builder and carefully swing your pickaxe at the mines until they break. If you break them with sword cuts/pickaxes they won't trigger an explosion. Arrows however, will cause an explosion!

Edit: If mines are on your doors, the only safe way to move them would be to enter your base from the top and move the mines away from said door. As long as the door they're on doesn't move, you can move them away from it to avoid disaster.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2014
  13. YouPoppedMyBalloon

YouPoppedMyBalloon Catapult Fodder

Previously, I was never able to discern that it was the door that was causing these detinations, however now that seems obvious. It's one of the more gameplay-affecting bugs in the game, as far as bugs I've seen go. It's especially apparent in TTH, as a common strategy is to build floors of two factories per floor on top of the hall. There have been several times when I have constructed demolition factories on top of doors on each floor in which an explosion resulted. Until then, I suppose players will have to do what @Trumbles suggested.

14. its a bug (the door one), ive let geti know about it and proposed an easy fix

YouPoppedMyBalloon likes this.
  15. Sgnt_Sneeky-Pants

Sgnt_Sneeky-Pants Insanity Incarnate Donator

I made a thread explaining some of the reasoning behind this, if you want to look, it's located here.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2014
    BlueLuigi likes this.
  16. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

Don't you WANT them to explode when the enemy captures your base? Everyone should build their keg shops against doors, and place 1-high doors in front of every nozzle so that some noob will walk into it when he wants a keg.

17. Trumbles

Trumbles Bison Rider

...Can't tell if serious.

90% of the time that noob would be from your own team.

18. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Two problems with your assumption
    1)Idiots will want to leave the base in many different ways, if there is a door, expect it to be trippied
    2)Idiots will trip the trap, bet on it
    3)Most people don't know that it's due to doors specifically, the interaction is awesome and can make for some great traps (hard to make reusable though), the biggest problem is that with no visual indicator at all for your own team, iditos will trip them up, as well as people who didn't see the trap set.

YouPoppedMyBalloon likes this.
  19. YouPoppedMyBalloon

YouPoppedMyBalloon Catapult Fodder

To put it bluntly, the strategy you have in mind and, Idiots, don't mix.

Sir_Walter likes this.