1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Build 998 - modding fixes & spec cam improvements

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DevBlogger, Jan 11, 2014.

1. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Sorry, Verra, wasn't meaning to add to any flaming. ::(:

Also, fwiw, I suspect that Downburst's two points would address most of people's concerns.

2. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

Why no one thinks about options menu? Seriously, half of games haves a hundred of cool settings and KAG doesn't have even 10... ( Not talking about head, clantag, controls ). As players are all different, they all have different settings...

3. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Does it need to be frozen for half of respawn time? 5 seconds out of 9 is not a very good ratio imo.

Shortening it to 1 second, and removing that weird unlikable zoom would help a lot.

RadioActive and makmoud98 like this.
  4. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

What if instead of panning to who killed you, it zooms out and placed a sort of icon over the person who actually did the killing? A pause, it zooms out a second later, you can move around, and can see that icon floating above the head of the killer.

This way it's basically how it was, but implements the "Knowing who killed you" bit into it, still.

Klokinator likes this.
  5. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Being able to actually follow blobs in spec is really useful though. If you press WASD or click when its following the camera moves away - I don't really see the issue there at all. I think the time should be reduced and it should zoom to them less agressively, but I don't think the follow should be removed, if anything I'd like to see it fleshed out more with an icon over the actor you're following.

Shortening it to 1 second would make it far too similar to how it was.

Re: Options menu -
    It's technically possible, but not for Verra to do, and it's a fairly pointless thing to have exposed to the script interface imo. He could expose it via a camera configfile though for those that REALLY want something different - or you could, if you get a script with good functionality and people want it in the game we're happy to oblige, as long as it checks out through testing. We're not going to be taking public patches every week but if its a solution to a controversial issue then great.

norill, Noburu, Asu and 1 other person like this.
  6. lomichelotti

lomichelotti Shark Slayer

what about the guys that are hidden in the tunnels digging to your base? this is going to be unfair.

7. crackwise

crackwise Shipwright

As far as I know, you can already see if there is currently enemy in a tunnel when you check the overhead map. But you are right, I think the enemy AND any tunnels should not be visible on the map! That would be really cool, and tunnels could then actually have some impact due to being surprise attacks.

Currrently tunneling makes you lose the game most of the time because it does not have any surprise element with it.

8. minimap doesnt show all the players on the opposite team

9. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I think it only shows those that are visible (Light nearby) that are on an ally's screen. So an ally standing over a dark tunnel that an enemy is digging won't have them visible on a minimap, unless the enemy has a lantern with them. (I hate it when I'm tunneling and some idiot ally is like "LOL LET'S GET LANTERNS HURR"

crackwise likes this.
  10. CoD

CoD Haxor

Yeah I'm fairly sure that's how it is, and it's a very reasonable feature and makes sense.

However in regards to death and stuff I like Fuzzy enjoy taking in the sight of my mangled body as I contemplate my next point of attack, it doesn't really bother me as a whole though.

FuzzyBlueBaron and short_round like this.
  11. lomichelotti

lomichelotti Shark Slayer

now youre speaking my language bro.