1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Bring back gold bricks from classic

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by JPD, Jan 11, 2014.

?

Should gold bricks return?

1. Yes! Gold bricks should return!

73.1%
  2. No. Gold bricks are pointless.

34.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Mods: Rainbows
  1. JPD

JPD Shipwright

I know they're kind of pointless but I think that gold bricks are ascetically pleasing and fun to use. I'd really like to see the transition of gold bricks from classic to beta. Please cast a vote on your opinion of gold blocks returning. If you've never played classic: Gold bricks cost 10 gold and look like stone wall but golden and solid. They have no purpose but look nice.

~Joelington

2. Sir_Walter

Sir_Walter Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

I think that this would just cause lots of griefers/noobs wasting all the gold on a fancy tower
    however it would look nice

3. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

There was litterally no use for gold blocks in classic. They really don't even look that good. The only reason why people ever used them was when they were blocking something and ran out of something else to use.

I see no point in adding it.

4. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

1.) Stores excess gold you have in an easier to locate place
    2.) Would let you use gold as an anti flammable material if out of stone in some sort of emergency
    3.) Golden Penis Towers

UnnamedPlayer, makmoud98, CoD and 6 others like this.
  5. crackwise

crackwise Shipwright

Actually they were quite useful as Kouji also added, such that you could store the excess gold close to your tent. In that way ,people running around "I need 10 gold plz !" would just need to get their missing amount from this stockpile.

P.S. For those who perhaps don't remember: You used to get your material back when you hit the gold block as a builder.

JPD likes this.
  6. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Kind of useless in TTH, as that mode has storage. In CTF however, there's no storage, so it's useful.

And as Kouji said.... Golden towers of the male genitalia make it all worthwhile.

7. JPD

JPD Shipwright

I've seen good use of golden bricks in 'Australian Zombie server'. They look like yellow bricks but I think the devs could do something more complex.

8. Shadowofgold

Shadowofgold Haxor

I have a bit of an obsession with gold (see my username) so I was pretty sad when it wasn't in full KAG. They could potentially change some properties of the gold brick to make it more useful, but don't ask me what that would be.

JPD likes this.
  9. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Has sundered kingdom taught you nothing?! Dinghies, my nigga!

But seriously, being able to store excess gold as blocks was handy in classic. So long as they're more quickly minable than they were in classic, maybe 1 hit breaks one block?

Joiken likes this.
  10. Shadowofgold

Shadowofgold Haxor

"Here lemme just get rid of this ladder real q- OH GOD"
    <insert golden dick tower falling to pieces>

JPD, BlueLuigi and Sir_Walter like this.
  11. WarrFork

WarrFork フォーク Donator Tester

why would you stock your gold, just use it. not mining it is the same as stocking it...
    the fuck is this thread

12. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

You mine it so the enemy can't mine it and so kegs/bombs don't destroy it in the middle of the battlefield. Derr.

JPD likes this.
  13. WarrFork

since when there's gold in the middle exposed to kegs and bombs

Sir_Walter likes this.
  14. orange_otter_01

orange_otter_01 Ballista Bolt Thrower

i've seen surface gold in the middle of a map before

Last edited: Jan 22, 2014
    norill, Klokinator and JPD like this.
  15. Invaders

Invaders Shark Slayer

I said yes and no.

16. WarrFork

then tell the server owner he cant into maps

17. A reasonable property would be to decrease the wallwalk/jump, so enemies wouldn't climb it so easily. Not sure if any of you guys happen to have a golden wall on your backyard, I do, and it is hard as fuck to climb it

Sir_Walter and JPD like this.
  18. orange_otter_01

orange_otter_01 Ballista Bolt Thrower

i like that

Nabuco likes this.
  19. CoD

CoD Haxor

I can see points for both sides of the arguments, it does provide a good way to stockpile but it can lead to peopl;e wasting the gold.

The deciding factor however just has to be

20. austinthus

austinthus Horde Gibber

Someone needs to get on this soon. This is amazingly awesome. Plus... the voting is at about 23 to 7 at the time I'm posting this. Plus, what's better than a statue to the all glorious penis god made out of gold? That's right. Nothing.

JPD likes this.
Mods: Rainbows