1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Shield gliding up walls glitch

Discussion in 'Archive' started by ThePiemaster, Jan 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knighthart

Knighthart is love Donator

All according to plan(?)

BlueLuigi likes this.
  2. epenow

epenow Oppressed banana cookie
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

When I said mobile I was talking about versatility (my bad for not makeing it clear)

3. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Is there really a difference?

Also by the way, with the newer changes Geti added, this is nerfed even harder. All you have to do to stop anyone doing this is touch them, even if you're allied, if you get touched espceially by another knight, you stop doing it, as it'll consider them jumping on you.

4. epenow

We'll you talked about how this makes knight even slower but really this just makes knight even more versitile than he all ready is

5. BlueLuigi

Yes, but it's not overpoweredly so. So again, where is the actual 'problem'?

1)This doesn't allow knights to do anything outside of what their class already can do
    2)It doesn't provide a much faster or stronger way to do anything they can already do to the point where it becomes overpowered
    3)It is a fun mechanic
    4)It is easily countered, but when you do use it it is fun, however not very powerful

Nothing indicates that it is 'broken' or 'overpowered', and it isn't unfun. Not to mention it's also fun for walljump maps, I'vebeen working on one that has parts of this in it.

Also as I stated, in this last patch it has only become even weaker, it's still fun for those of us who do it/can do it, but it is by no means strong enough to mean it should be nerfed, and the versatility isn't much at all, big deal you can climb up a wall a little higher than normal, you can't do it out of a double slash only a single, so even a double slash gets you higher in less time than a single slash +IWG (Infinite Wall Glide).

6. Reckoning420

Reckoning420 Catapult Fodder

Kinda seems like a glitch/ exploit to me. If Knights can shield glide up a wall, why not just let them scale it upwards all the way? Generally new to the game myself and seen this implemented once in a game. Very valid points brought up about how easy it is to have an overhang of 2 tiles on your walls to counter this action.

But I personally feel that this shifts way more power to the Knight class. With this influx of newer players, myself included, I had no idea this was even possible until I witnessed it in the game. I think I even called the dude out on glitching, to their reply that "if it was a glitch, they would fix it"

So let's try and get this hammered out, either definitively if it is a glitch that will be fixed, or someone should make a 'How to Video' for all the noobs, and keep the playing field level.

7. epenow

It lets them climb up walls infinitely, they couldn't do that before.

8. Trumbles

Trumbles Bison Rider

No, they could just bombjump twice as high as any building could ever get. I totally see your point here. >_>'

It really doesn't add that much. Sure it makes the game even less team-centric.. but still.

9. epenow

The fact that knights no longer need bombs to climb walls changes alot

10. Trumbles

Trumbles Bison Rider

They still do unless they're bad walls... Why can't people be bothered to place an overhang or a few wood platforms? What makes that so gamebreaking?

11. epenow

Its not game breaking, but can you honestlly put faith in the builders of kag? I mean there are some good ones but for the most part i wouldent trust them with alot..........

12. Trumbles

Trumbles Bison Rider

Then why don't we just remove dirt spikes, trap blocks, and everything else a builder can place while we're at it?

Every tool can be used the wrong way. Giving people reasons to use them the right way is a good thing, those kind of incentives should stay in the game.

Sir_Walter likes this.
  13. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

Arguments for keeping this glitch:
    "It's fun."
    "It's counterable."
    "It requires skill."
    "It encourages Builders to use proper techniques."

You guys remember the Knight Zeppelin glitch from Alpha? The one where two or more Knights could band together and float horizontally across the map by laddering each other with their shields?

It was fun.
    It was easily counterable by just a single Archer who could actually shoot straight.
    It required teamwork and good timing.
    It encouraged Archers to be vigilant and keep watch for attacks from more than one place.

... The Knight Zeppelin glitch was removed. This one should be too.

And before you say I probably have some vendetta against "good ol' glitches," I'd like to inform you that using the Knight Zeppelin glitch was one of my favorite things ever. It made me sad that it had to go, but it was a glitch - an unintended feature. And unintended features are not long for this world.

14. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Note that this doesn't look nearly as "wtf" as knight zeppelins - it looks like one knight slowly but surely jumping his way up a tower, not two knights hitching each other through the sky by the seat of their pants.

Knight zeppelins also could not be countered by a single archer (or anyone) when used to cap flags or halls pre-game, and generally had many more implicit issues than a knight climbing a solid structure.

I really don't see this bug as much of an issue - yes it allows single knights to get up undefended, straight edged towers, but every other class can do that as well anyway.

I'm really not likely to fix it, I don't see it as much of an issue at all.

Sir_Walter, zerd and Knighthart like this.
  15. RogueCupcake

RogueCupcake Haxor Official Server Admin

I hope it doesn't get fixed as many people have said and I agree "It requires skill." And I cannot nearly get it mastered constantly it may take me 3-4 times and by that time archers have arrived etc.

16. BlueLuigi

One point that I did make against it, was that this one is not game breaking, it does not allow you anything that bombjumping doesn't. The KFC technique allowed you to get over anything, where you could build to stupid fucking heights regularly in old KAG this was a huge problem, and everyone knew it was, everyone. People who wantd to keep it knew it was OP, but they wanted to have fun with it. That is where the difference is, this, isn't OP. It doesn't allow you to do anything that you couldn't before

You couldn't build anything to stop the KFC technique either, not really. You had to actively have someone defend it, and the archer had to have decent aim, but if you had enough knights it didn't even matter, and if you were good enough to drop a bit and relock, or have a knight shielding forward (need at least 3), an archer couldn't do shit to you lol, that shit was so broken, and yeah it was fun as hell.

Knighthart likes this.
  17. RogueCupcake

RogueCupcake Haxor Official Server Admin

What is the KFC technique?

18. BlueLuigi

'fly glitching', 'knight shield glitching', 'infinite gliding', whatever you want to call it.

19. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

See also "Knight Zeppelin", "KFC (Clan)", "Scrub".

norill and BlueLuigi like this.
  20. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

If this gets implemented as a feature (and by that I mean that Knights are given the ability to smoothly climb walls, since bounce-climbing is a bit absurd) I will shut my trap for good and be content to let the devs do what they want, but until such a time, it is a glitch, and I do not approve of it.

I don't have any more points to make, no more argument to keep up, but I'm making sure that those of you who like the glitch know that there are people who don't, and that my opinion has not changed as a result of argument.

epenow likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.