1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Right Alt Team Chat Problem

Discussion in 'General Help' started by Chrispin, Oct 31, 2011.

1. Chrispin

Chrispin KAG Guard Tester

This is probably OS specific, but every time I press right alt to team chat the game window sort of minimizes. It's really annoying for obvious reasons. I have Windows XP, so if you any advice on how to change the shortcut hotkeys to something else, please tell me. Thanks.

2. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

I'm tired of writing this but I'll say it once again - use search function. It's been answered dozen times.

3. Chrispin

Yeah I've done that. I've searched "alt team chat" and none of the threads helped. I think anything that even touched this subject under those search terms were about changing key bindings for the game, not the OS. They were also about laptops not even having the button. I have the button but it does funny stuff in-game.

4. Chrispin

Does nobody else have this problem?

5. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

I thought you wanted to change that key in-game. As to alt's default action in windows XP I have no idea why it's minimizing the game.

Chrispin likes this.
  6. Chrispin

Well for some reason it goes back to the window/the window unfreezes when I press alt again. I didn't know that, so maybe it's not as annoying as I once thought at least.

7. Fullscreen? If not, set fullscreen,

Chrispin likes this.
  8. Trojan

Trojan Shipwright

I have windows xp too and I don't have that problem. My right alt only changes all/team chat in chat window.
    1) This might be happening only on your 'keyboard language'. What keyboard layout/language are you using?
    Try changing your keyboard layout to 'english (united states)' and see if problem still exist.
    Your problem doesn't exist on Polish/English keyboard language for me so if you have it on any of those 2 languages it might mean that:
    2) Some background program is using 'right alt' as shortcut key and this is happening.
    You'll have to find it yourself then :p

PS. If nothing else helps..Just change key responsible for changing all/team chat
    http://kagforum.com/index.php?threads/team-chat.1146/#post-17244

Chrispin likes this.