1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Updates with no changes

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DevBlogger, Jan 30, 2014.

1. DevBlogger

DevBlogger KAG DevBlog Feed Bot

We’re currently moving our repositories around, and to check everything’s working we need to trigger new builds, potentially more than once as everything goes ahead.

These new builds have no new content in them (sadly!), we just figured we should keep you in the loop regarding why they’re happening. Better safe than sorry and all that jazz.

Cheers,

Max/Geti

Original DevBlog post.

Beepo likes this.
  2. lavalord

lavalord Haxor Staff Alumni Donator Tester

So does that mean servers will have to update? :huh?:

3. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

nope, though they will automatically if they empty.

-Q and Noburu like this.
  4. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

You could update test instead of pub so it won't annoy pub client?

Joiken likes this.
  5. lavalord

lavalord Haxor Staff Alumni Donator Tester

Yea I understand that, it's just that last update, they all crashed after updating....

6. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Nope, need to test the steam build process too.

-Q likes this.
  7. kedram

kedram Drill Rusher Tester

Geti why are all the servers laggy? I know its not just me because many others are saying the same thing. just starting to get really annoying ::(:. please respond back @Geti i wish to know the things you know about this current issue.

RadioActive likes this.
  8. Geti

I dont know why they are laggy. Could be that people are hosting too many servers on the same machine, or that they're left up too long and there's a memory leak or something. We don't randomly insert lag(lots) when we make changes.

FuzzyBlueBaron and -Q like this.
  9. sinitreo

sinitreo Shopkeep Stealer
    1. Zen Laboratories

It's not really a good answer, IMO. It would be strange if people started to host tons of server on a single machine RIGHT AFTER the update ;)

p.s. I just mean that kag had gon laggish right after the last update was pushed. My guess is that a lot of servers are gone (for some reason?), and the rest are suffering from overload. But the game(server?) goes laggish even when it's 10 players online.

10. Geti

There have been no changes in the update to contribute to any lag, literally no game code changed during the patch, which is why I don't buy that servers are now somehow suffering from any change sourced from us.

11. Iamaclay

Iamaclay Shark Slayer

They're just hallucinating Geti, don't worry.

12. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

someone mentioned to me that there was some memory leak that they noticed in the game due to their server host telling them so, or something like that.

Apronymous, Joiken and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  13. kedram

kedram Drill Rusher Tester

yay another person backing me and sini up, wondering who else will actually come forward and make the point valid, any way thx yagger for your contribution ::):

14. Leo

Leo Haxor

Memory leaks are there from day one. Just leave the server running and if it's being used it's memory usage will slowly go up and when it goes to 4 GB of usage it will crash. However if you restart server once a day you'll be fine.

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  15. ShinySkies

ShinySkies Arsonist Staff Alumni
    1. Zen Laboratories

The game lags so bad in the last ~2 weeks I always have to double check if I'm not currently playing in an Australian server by accident. With 33 ping my game is already lagging very badly, and seems to run in slomotion. It's really unplayable as is now.

16. Boea

Boea Such Beta

so, anyone going to jerryrig an analytical script?