1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

New Build This Week

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DevBlogger, Feb 5, 2014.

1. DevBlogger

DevBlogger KAG DevBlog Feed Bot

We’re working towards releasing a new build of KAG this week, with many improvements for the average player, modders, and server admins.

• Bans and Whitelist Fixed
      A long standing issue with bans has been fixed, and the whitelist has also been fixed for those that want private servers. Bans by username, and IP should work properly again. As a bonus, ban reasons now work and are reflected in the blacklist file and under /listbans
    • Server Browser more Intuitive
      We’ve added colour support to the server browser, so official servers will show up gold, and modded servers will show up blue. This gives players more visual cues without clicking anything, so they’re better informed as to what they’re joining. The “vanilla only” filter will also automatically turn itself off after a day of being registered so that new players can more easily find modded servers.
    • More TDM Maps
      Exactly what it says on the tin :) Many community maps, from 8x, Asumagic, Joiken, and kodysch have been included in the default map cycle, and a larger one from Sgnt_Sneaky-Pants has been included separately in case any hosts want to run a different TDM experience.
    • Mapycle Randomisation Fixed
      Hosts may have noticed that the randomisation was quite lacking before, it should be quite a bit more engaging now, especially useful for TDM or small CTF servers.

There are a couple of miscellaneous fixes in the mix as well, but you’ll have to wait for the changelog for those. Should be out on Friday if testing goes smoothly.

Cheers,

Max/Geti

Original DevBlog post.

8x, valtzu, FuzzyBlueBaron and 5 others like this.
  2. RadioActive

RadioActive Guest

Oh god! Ban improvements - finally, gj guys. Also I like the idea with 'vanilla only' filter (mentioned above).
    Btw. I would like to see improvements with lags and some kind of optimization. For example all knows catapults lagapults lags the server. I think KAG could work better. Much better.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2014
    16th and norill like this.
  3. Leo

Leo Haxor

Nice, I may give a try to custom maps then ::):

RadioActive likes this.
  4. Ban improvements has long been a number one Most Wanted for me, thanks Geti!

5. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

Ooh, color-coded server browsing. I like.

6. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Glad you finally did this! This'll make it so much clearer.

Let's add the really important stuff next. And for god's sake, this bug please.

:thumbs_up:

Draco1991 and Klokinator like this.
  7. CookieEpic

CookieEpic Shopkeep Stealer

It's a good day to be lazy ::):

:thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up:

8. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I'm turning into Duploblocks by posting this but I actually remembered suggesting that tweak and here was the post.

#NARCISSISM 2014

BlueLuigi, Joiken and RadioActive like this.
  9. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

lol I didn't read that thread but ok.

#badlyf 2011-present

Joiken, RadioActive and Klokinator like this.
  10. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

@Geti
    Plox. Plox, plox, plox. It makes me die a little inside each time the spawn counter resents. :QQ:

11. Iamaclay

Iamaclay Shark Slayer

I kry evry tiem :QQ:

norill and Joiken like this.
  12. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Most likely won't be fixed this next build I'm afraid, I'm well aware that it's an issue and it's on my list of stuff to do since cameron has been on my back about it, haha.

Iamaclay and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  13. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I too die a little when it resents me.

Sgnt_Sneeky-Pants likes this.
  14. Leo

Leo Haxor

whitelist still doesn't work, pity.

*It actually works but you have to add one name at least ::):

Last edited: Feb 13, 2014