1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Archers opening doors

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Invisibility, Jan 19, 2014.

1. Does Anyone else just hate when you are fighting, via your frontline tower and then an archer comes up to the door opens it for all the fire to come through the door then it that second all the builder knights bombs arrows come through that door and eventually you see the tower gone demolished and you just think that archer.

2. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Yes.

Make ceiling doors, always. Don't put your doors on the floor, always.

3. Mainly what I'm talking about is if your 7 blocks up the opposing team uses ladders and everything then manages to get in.

You also find that bomb jumpers manage to get in as well it can be very chaotic as I'm a builder I then get blown up due to the doors being open

4. rawr

rawr Lord MIP Donator

I HATE that too archers can be such noobs.

5. I'hate dat but archer is a class of kag...and cant be called a noob

6. CookieEpic

CookieEpic Shopkeep Stealer

I'm pretty sure he meant archers in general, not the class.

Why would anyone insult something that can't react?

7. sure but maninpurple insulting archers in general and dat it's not good

8. rawr

rawr Lord MIP Donator

No im insulting noob archers.

9. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

I try my hardest, but archer is just such a difficult class to play. ;-;

It's a shame that we're so busy shooting enemies, because that takes up extra time that can be used to keep our team doors open, so if we stand in them whilst we shoot, well, that's killing two birds with one stone, as they say.

Apronymous likes this.
  10. archers are noobs because of his powers when u use it?

11. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

Archers seem to get the impression that they're invincible. As overpowered as they are, though, they definitely can't kill a group of knights crowding a door. So why oh why do they invariably walk through the door just to die?

12. Boea

Boea Such Beta

Well, they have more of a reason to feel ashamed for what they've done, because it ends up with their team getting screwed.

Gunna plug this long and hard, but b800 archers are the happy medium, they can't get away with poor play because of mobility, rapid fire, or stuns.

13. it's unbalanced

14. Brandon816

Brandon816 Ballista Bolt Thrower

If you are willing to go builder and create actual defenses, here's how to prepare for most of what will happen to your base when an archer holds the door open.

-Backwall the tower enough that it becomes 6-wide at any doorways. That way, it doesn't die to a single bomb.
    -Put spikes on the 3-4 closest stone blocks above the doorway. Then, knights can't bomb jump and just slide down into the door while the archer holds it open for him. For extra defense, shift the tower just above the doorway 1 block over toward the enemy to prevent that perfect bombjumper from landing right in the door without having to slide down.
    -Make sure you have a safe way for archers to fire down somewhere above the doorway, to prevent them from easily laddering up with a builder.
    -Have at least two doorways in your tower. When the enemy finally decides to try laddering up, there is always a possibility that they will just put stone over your tower exits to stall your team. Having more than one exit will prevent this.

And lastly, don't be vvv this guy vvv.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2014
    BlueLuigi likes this.
  15. Beelzebub

Beelzebub Ballista Bolt Thrower

RIP good teamdoors in Beta