1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

LAG! game wide

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kodysch, Feb 4, 2014.

1. kodysch

kodysch Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

So recently there seems to be a wide and all encompassing lag that no server is exempt from. It seemed to have begun a build or two ago and it's making the game down right frustrating to play. Is anyone else seeing this? Is there a reason?

Last edited: Feb 4, 2014
  2. No, I'm not seeing this. It's most likely your internet.

3. kedram

kedram Drill Rusher Tester

so far ive seen all of the official servers are seriously messed up, im not the only one saying this either so dont brush this off as if its just my internet, i have seen other servers in the same condition but there are some that arent affected it seems, so far i would say 40 to 50 percent of the servers are very laggy right now.

4. Skinney

Skinney THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator Tester

I have encountered this on every server I have played on, it either directly affects me or the majority of the players on the server.

5. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Yeah, it's kinda like a memory leak that takes a few minutes to take effect, but then everything's p much unplayable, and then I d/c, reconnect, and the cycle starts over again.

6. I can confirm i'm now getting it too. :/
    Perhaps i was quick to dismiss it.

7. Trumbles

Trumbles Bison Rider

Yep. Been noticing this occasionally as well.

8. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

I've always had them (low specs), but lately a lot. It's now even on very small servers.

Hawxx likes this.
  9. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

I haven't really seen a problem with it at all. A few lag spikes here and a laggy server there, but nothing as serious as what you are all talking about. I just assumed that when I joined a laggy server when it said my connection was great that it was because of lantern spamming. I wonder what could be causing it.

10. Khaleesi

Khaleesi Mother of Dragons Donator
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

I also had some big lags on official servers

11. epenow

epenow Oppressed banana cookie

I get perfect frames with 150+ ping I have no idea why.

12. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

>implying ping affects fps

Rubixxcube and -Q like this.
  13. epenow

epenow Oppressed banana cookie

Usually higher ping affects lag and lag affects fps (I think)

14. Trumbles

Trumbles Bison Rider

It doesn't... you could have 9999 ping, and still have max FPS. They don't affect each other whatsoever.

Rubixxcube, -Q and epenow like this.
  15. Humblar_Tabulu

Humblar_Tabulu TURTLE Turtle turtle... Donator

Memory Leak!

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  16. CookieEpic

CookieEpic Shopkeep Stealer

Have you tried lowering your resolution, or possibly playing on smaller-mapped vanilla servers, maybe even ticking off "Faster Graphics" in the video settings?

17. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

judging by this thread, it's safe to assume that a fix isn't that easy.

Apronymous likes this.
  18. crackwise

crackwise Shipwright

I also experience FPS drops often. During the beginning of a match, it is just totally fine. But as the game progresses, towards the mid game it starts to lag from time to time.

And then towards the end game when there is lots of open bedrock, it just becomes unbearable after some time and I need to disconnect from the server and reconnect. This helps for a little while. The most serious problem then is catapults shooting stones: They just downright cause massive lag.

19. jdnvodka

jdnvodka Shipwright

To Clarify since several people keep somehow making the connection between this and FPS lag, the lag we are talking about is latency, not frame related,. not your video card or slow computer, INTERWEBS. As far as I know, I talked to my server provider who told me a memory leak was introduced in one of the recent builds and it causes servers to slowly eat up resources until they start lagging horribly and you get tomato bombs, warping etc. He said they are working with the Dev team (don't know the accuracy of that statement) to fix it. Restarting the server, or maps ending helps a bit, but in the end it starts lagging again once all the memory is used up.

zerd, pearlsncurls and Humblar_Tabulu like this.
  20. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

I usually get major FPS drops after said server lag; pretty sure laggy catapults are slowly inching back into the game. It's a very irritating process.

Apronymous and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.