1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Build 1026 - Miscellaneous Improvements

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DevBlogger, Feb 8, 2014.

1. DevBlogger

DevBlogger KAG DevBlog Feed Bot

This build has many nice new features for all:

[​IMG]

• Colour Coded Server Browser
      The server browser now displays official servers in gold, and modded servers in blue, so you can find the play experience you’re after more easily, and so it’s clear if any mods need to be downloaded without clicking anything.
    • Time-Based Vanilla-Only Filter
      The Vanilla-Only filter turns itself off after 1 day of play now, to help modded servers get more traffic.
    • Item Spam Prevention
      Thanks to a modified script by community member ZeroZ30o a bunch of easily-spammed items will quickly decay if there are too many in one spot.
    • AFK’s will Auto-Disconnect
      Thanks to community member Norill for the majority of this script. This is effective in CTF, TTH and Sandbox at the moment (and any other mode with rounds longer than 5 mintues)
    • Fixed “Simple” Lighting
      Mainly for TDM, where lighting is more nuisance than fun, but might also be welcome on small CTF servers, and will make the game run slightly faster for players with weak computers on those servers.
    • Fixed Bans, Whitelist
      Server bans and whitelist are now fully functional again.
    • Lots of Community Maps
      Maps from community members 8x, Asumagic, Joiken, Srgt_Sneaky-Pants and kodysch have been added to the TDM cycle to spice up that mode.
    • Map Shuffle More Random
      The map shuffle is “more random” (whatever that means), and the cycle is re-randomised each 15 minutes (rather than every 12 hours).

Full Changelog:

[modified] drop items on class change at shops (consistency purposes)
    [added] a bunch of tdm maps from the community
    [fixed] random map shuffle is more random now
    [fixed] people being able to "cheat" unique/blank heads.
    [fixed] game auto-restarting even when noautoupdate set
    [fixed] ban reason strings not getting applied correctly ("/ban Sedgewick -1 Relentless griefer" should work properly now)
    [fixed] IP banning local IP addresses (omits 178.etc block at the moment)
    [fixed] whitelist/blacklist/ignorelist getting corrupted on load
    [added] ability to color servers list box
    [added] links to script docs in some txt files
    [added] modded and official servers are marked with color
    [added] non-vanilla servers should be disabled only for first day of playing
    [fixed] massive typo bug in checking blacklist
    [fixed] reloading security would not automatically "expire" any already expired bans for a few minutes
    [fixed] ban time not checked at the time of joining, so bans lasted longer than they should
    [added] script to automatically kick AFK players - thanks norill! (note: doesn't work on TDM or any gamemode with rounds shorter than about 5 minutes)
    [added] Lanterns, Crates, Buckets, Boulders, Sponges automatically decay if spammed, adapted from script by ZeroZ30o
    [fixed] no_shadowing bool in gamemode.cfg
    [added] no_shadowing to TDM
    [added] no "spikey" script CPU usage by staggering based on blob network ID
    [added] 2 more 8x maps
    [modified] maps are randomised each 15 minutes (previous over-randomisation was causing too much doubling up)

Have Fun!

Max/Geti

Original DevBlog post.

2. Iamaclay

Iamaclay Shark Slayer

[added] modded and official servers are marked with color

^^This is way cooler than I first thought. It's all these little things that contribute to the polish of this game.

Klokinator and Joiken like this.
  3. Sir_Walter

Sir_Walter Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

you might want to anti-spam drills- they can destroy a game when one player buys tons

4. Humblar_Tabulu

Humblar_Tabulu TURTLE Turtle turtle... Donator

Now, I'm wondering if the memory leak was fixed....
    --------???
    -----???
    -:rollseyes:

5. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

It really makes me so happy to see those maps added, thanks...

6. Sgnt_Sneeky-Pants

Sgnt_Sneeky-Pants Insanity Incarnate Donator

Wooo! This update receives the Sneeky-Pants seal of quality. :heart: Although I'm going to miss the wonky physics of ten billion crates sitting by a workbench. RIP crate towers.

P.S. I wish people would stop misspelling my name in every way possible. :rektlord:
    P.P.S. Am I the only one who uses P.S. anymore?
    P.P.P.S. I don't really care about my name being misspelled, just pointing it out. ::P:

7. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

Glorious. You have no idea how happy I am that modded servers will now be getting more attention.

8. crawfish

crawfish Ballista Bolt Thrower

Mintues!::D:

9. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

YES

HELL YES

10. Trumbles

Trumbles Bison Rider

That's not what spam prevention is for...

It's for preventing mass-buying of items like lanterns which cause absurd amounts of lag when many of them are in the same area.

This isn't really an issue for drills, as they cost 100 stone a pop. You could never get enough stone to spawn them in lag-inducing quantities.

11. Sir_Walter

Sir_Walter Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

oh, all right- I thought this was to prevent players spamming them ingame (and using them)