1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

How to become a pro Knight?

Discussion in 'General Help' started by DragonShark, Jan 31, 2014.

1. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Thanks to not playing any competitive KAG for a good month or so I've really deteriorated, and playing nothing but roleplay when I do get on is NOT helping my abilities as knight out much. That being said, I'm definitely better than most public players a lot of the time but the secret to success and mastering all the classes in this game, in my opinion, isn't so much about timing as it is learning the damn movement/block interaction mechanics.

Learning how every block affects you, how to dive underwater and raise back up for more vertical height, how to do that shield wall-ride technique, how to climb tall towers with a double slash, how to hit that pesky archer just out of your reach, how to properly cook a bomb and hit people from a distance, ETC. All of these things being mastered and learned and tweaked as new builds come out are really what determines a person's raw abilities as a player.

Also becoming a master builder really helps you out as a knight since you learn what to watch out for from builders and how to bypass their various... creations.

miniu likes this.
  2. considering u is Double D and he it's total epicness i like ur post and u is epic point

3. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I'm beginning to wonder if not speaking in complete sentences is just a thing you do, if you don't live in America, or if you've just missed school your whole life.

Sir_Walter and miniu like this.
  4. i'started to wonder why u dont shut up and know dat is humor

5. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

He's a little special, just smile and wave.

Klokinator likes this.
  6. Oh right sorry mr.special

7. RogueCupcake

RogueCupcake Haxor Official Server Admin

I also used to be the biggest noob ever. I tried to join all the clans I thought were cool anyway. I asked Taiga to join xCUBE and he took me "Under his wing" as others explained.
    One of his friends had a private server and I was allowed on there. I meet heaps of pros like Rubixxcube, Taiga, Whale, Andr01d, kedram, SeanAS etc. I trained with them heaps and I slowly but surely got better.
    Apx. 1 and a half years later and most of that time training with them I am a lot better! :P

Taiga and CrystalClear like this.
  8. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I don't think humor means what you think humor means.

Rayne and CrystalClear like this.
  9. I wasn't sure what he said in his other posts

10. wilpin7

wilpin7 Lewd~ Donator
    1. KAG Competitive League

Ha! If you wanna be a 'good knight' you have to be ready for some epic level trolling, cause all good knights are a pain in the ass to kill and you should be no exeption, people always say it's all about timing, but it's also about methods, result of being a good knight may cause much rage as seen here : [​IMG]

Rayne likes this.
  11. Nope :p it's all about timing

wilpin7 likes this.
  12. wilpin7

wilpin7 Lewd~ Donator

I was just trying to give them hope, but apart from the timing (99% of the class) you also need bomb-jumping skills, wall jumping and ... da shield.

CrystalClear likes this.
  13. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

It's not really 99%, you can say that but it's a number people pull from their ass, timing is nothing without knowledge of the class, is it important? Yes. So is knowing the difference betweena jab and a slash, the buttons on the controller, and how to parse information on the screen, advanced mechanics (bombjumping, double bombjumping, shield stomping, etc).

Maybe 50% at most.

14. wilpin7

wilpin7 Lewd~ Donator

Yeah I was really trowhing number randomly, 50% is a good estimate, I was mostly trowhing this number as a response to CrystalClear who said 'Nope, it's ALL about timing' wich was the exact opposite of what I previously said :)

#thispostisoffsubject soooo ....
    If you wanna be a good knight you should just practice. There, best answer.

15. crystal it's not totally "TIMING" u also need fastness and lucky...anyways i'm not sure too of what i'writed up...lolz im not english just a mistake.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 8, 2014 ---
    anyways i dont think wilpin7 can teach crystalclear uahahaa xp

16. wilpin7

wilpin7 Lewd~ Donator

From what I can tell you'r saying something about luck, being good has nothing to do with luck, and I never said I'd teach Crystal anything :/ What you said there just sounded like random trash trown all around.

17. bah...u playing for a month?

18. wilpin7

wilpin7 Lewd~ Donator

...u playing for a month? A month ? What the heck are you talking about, I've been playing this game since classic.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2014
  19. Invaders

Invaders Shark Slayer

Hey bud, this is the Alpha version, not the version on Steam.

BlueLuigi likes this.
  20. I was joking, lol. It's obviously not the only thing you need to know, but there's timing in almost all the things that deal with the knight on the offensive side.