1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Can I change game name permanently?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Grendell100, Feb 8, 2014.

1. Grendell100

Grendell100 Haxor

This is the situation:

My name on KAG is Grendell100 (as you all can see here), but my Steam name is Stitch.
    I used command "/cl_name Grendell100" to rename myself. It works till I shut down the game, but when I boot it up again, my name is again - Stitch.

Can I change my name permanently somewhere in game files? I would like to keep my old KAG name.

2. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

This does not happen with the client from kag2d.com; once you changed with "cl_name King Arthur" you'll remain nicknamed "King Arthur" until you change it again, even if you log in with a different account, the nick of that client will remain the same.

3. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

The steam client takes your steam name. That's why it changes it back from what you've changed it to by using that command.

Pizza likes this.
  4. Grendell100

Grendell100 Haxor

Thank you both for answer.

I know it happens because I play KAG using Steam. I was asking if I can change it permanently on it. Looks like there's no way to do it, so I suggest adding this option.

Sorry for my English.

5. Trumbles

Trumbles Bison Rider

Is your steam account linked with kag2d? Can you login to the forums with the same username as your kag username?

If so, just run KAG from it's directory instead of through steam. It'll solve the problem. Though you lose the features of steam. You could workaround this by adding kag as a non-steam game and playing that way, so you would still have overlay access.

This would stop your name from changing back. Though you would have to log-in through the kag client each time you play.

Sgnt_Sneeky-Pants likes this.
  6. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

try going into ur steamkag and finding autoconfig, change cl_name = and save it, the \cl_name command affects this parameter.

7. Grendell100

Grendell100 Haxor

Sorry for late response.

Thanks for answers. I will try it.

8. If you change your steam name it will stay that name until you use the command cl_name (new name)....