1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

The "I'm new/leaving/back" Thread

Discussion in 'Beginner Box' started by Monsteri, Aug 3, 2011.

Tags:
Mods: Gurin
  1. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Welp, sorry to see you go, Vidar. Here's hoping we cross paths again at some point in the future. ::):

2. Invaders

Invaders Shark Slayer

totally.

3. Spec7

Spec7 Tree Planter

I'm not relatively an old member or active, I've got to say that community here are unique in their own way. KAG beta did hold my attention longer than it did with classic, it's worth trying King Arthur's Gold as it's much of a fun experience to play. The mechanics are clever and strategically well done while there's few minor flaws that can be a feature of it's own.

Thanks for the wonderful times on the forums. (Members, Mods, Devs)

Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
  4. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

And another one leaves us. ::(:

5. BanakaI1

BanakaI1 Shipwright

Another one leaves the game,
    another one leaves the game
    another one gone, another one gone,
    and another one leaves the game

6. Trumbles

Trumbles Bison Rider

Bandwagon is getting kicked into high gear..

7. Superblackcat

Superblackcat baideist baide Staff Alumni Tester

8. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

ok so im going to commit suicide because civ 5 crashed after 5 hours of progress

k bye

edit: nvm found an autosave. still lost 9 minutes though ;;

9. albionsancestor

albionsancestor Catapult Fodder

Hi guys, I'm new here! Addicted to the game at the moment and on it daily. My account is k456456 on steam and my in-game name is Albion so keep your eyes peeled for me and say hi if you see me. ::):

10. epenow

epenow Oppressed banana cookie
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

Welcome!

11. FuzzyBlueBaron

Welcome. ::): Glad to have you with us.

12. Szordin

Szordin Catapult Fodder

Been playin' for a little while. Digging this game :)

13. epenow

epenow Oppressed banana cookie
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

:thumbs_up:

14. FuzzyBlueBaron

15. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

Since I'm going to get a little sappy now, here's some sad music to listen to while you read my post.

So a whole bunch of you have been tracking me down over all sorts of mediums to get in touch with me, to insult me, to ask me why I would suddenly get up and leave. In hindsight I realize my departure may have seemed abrupt.

I'm sorry I didn't give more of an explanation at first. I owe you all at least that much, but in my mind I was gone long before I left. Think about it: if I had said nothing, would anyone have noticed? In every online community I've seen people fade away all the time and by the time someone notices the memory is too distant for anyone to care. I didn't want to do that to you guys; to fade away without you knowing. So for all those who are sad or angry at me, consider how much better it is to feel a little loss than to not feel anything at all.

I've had a great time with the KAG community; so many great friends and memories. We've had ups and downs, successes and nerd rages, and I'm glad I got to experience it all. But lately things have been changing too much for me, both in KAG and in real life. Familiar faces keep disappearing and the few that remain have their voices drowned out by posters I don't know or can't stand. For a while now I've been growing less and less active, and what little I've participated has been half-hearted and empty. The community is always growing and every day it is rebuilt into something new and different. This is a good thing and you should never think of it as otherwise. But whenever you rebuild something there's always the chance that some of the old pieces will no longer fit. I've been a spare part for a while now and it's important for everyone that I move on.

So shoutouts to all the people who have made my time here great, y'all know who you are. And to everyone, remember: change and loss are essential components of progress.

16. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

We all still love you if you leave. #TeamNoHomo

17. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

thanks, contrary.

18. I'm rather new on the community and even so the only picture I had from Contrary was the 'guy from CSK' which I enjoyed since the beginning, and was an experience that really got me into the game and forums. No doubt that was just a little contribution you had from many others. From that I can already tell that you'll be missed and I truly hope you find joy on all the things you do.

19. FuzzyBlueBaron

Damn, and now I feel bad for not having chased you up earlier; curses my being busy irl. ::(: Here's hoping to catch up with you on other things further on down the road. Take care my friend. ::):

20. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

I'm glad that I had the opportunity to make your time here that much better, and that you had the opportunity to bask within my warm, salty glow, Contrary.

Mods: Gurin