1. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Dual monitor problem.

Discussion in 'General Help' started by Downburst, Nov 2, 2011.

1. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I've just started playing KAG after noticing it didn't have any major problems with dual screens anymore. :)
    But I still have some problems.
    I have a dual screen setup. 1 1680×1050 monitor and a 1900×1080 TV at the other side of my room.
    My problems:
    1) I play KAG full screen, and when I click at the right side of my screen, where my second monitor virtually is, the game alt-tabs and becomes a 1024×768 window at the upper left side of my first screen. When I click in there it goes full-screen again. (see screenshot below)

2) When I alt-tab, all my other windows go to my 2nd screen, that's quite annoying since my 2nd screen is usually turned off. (check screenshot below)

Am I the only one with these problems? Am I able to fix them myself?

PS. Don't mind my wallpaper and Dutch language.

edit: uploading a pic didn't seem to work. So here it is:[​IMG]

2. Supersonic196

Supersonic196 Shipwright

KAG wasn't made for dual monitors.

3. Downburst

Ye, that's why I try to play it on one. I could actually play it on 2 screens with a HUGE stretch... But I would really like to play on one monitor without alt-tab'ing.

4. Shadlington

Shadlington THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Nothing is 'made for dual monitors'
    However, most things should fullscreen on your primary monitor.

I dual monitor too but I always play in windowed mode because of this problem.
    Not a big deal though - I prefer windowed mode anyway as I usually do other things at the same time.

5. Downburst

All my windows still go to my other screen when I play windowed (when they're minimised). And I will still go to the other windows when I click next to the KAG window (when they're not minimised)
    Can't you just enable some 'always on top when not minimised' function?

edit:
    When I take a print screen when it's totally full screen, it's not actually 'print-screen'ing' what I see, I see a full screen KAG (with the other window at the other screen) but the print screen is this: [​IMG]
    not full screen but actually just the size when I alt-tab. 1024*768

That's weird. I always thought, print screen just made a screenshot of what you saw. Seems KAG bugs that...

ps. what's up with that snapshot sound when you alt-F4

6. Foxodi

Foxodi KAG Guard Tester

tl;dr just play window mode. I got duel screens and never had a problem (though my mouse sometimes spas out this is rare and not sure if related to 2 screens)

7. Downburst

Are you saying your mouse usually doesn't go out of the windowed mode? Since it does that all the time for me..

8. Foxodi

Foxodi KAG Guard Tester

Oh yeah so it does. I don't notice it though because I just keep the cursor close to my characters body. I suppose if I was an archer it might become an issue