1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

One block gap glitching.

Discussion in 'Builder' started by Acavado, Nov 2, 2011.

1. Acavado

Acavado KAG Guard Tester

Will edit this to include recent relevant information.

I invite you to try the following structures in creative mode, because otherwise you might not see what it is I'm typing about.

Here is the basic construction:

screen-11-11-02-18-17-59.png

A player running from the left and jumping between these two little bits, will shoot out and not be able to come back in. Weirdly, it won't work mirrored, and the hole in the ground makes it significantly more consistent in letting players through. The hole in the ground is crucial.

This is a one way door. It creates some interesting possibilities.

screen-11-11-02-15-10-43.png screen-11-11-02-15-12-25.png

Any player who jumps in through the gap will be trapped. In the spiked version, any player who jumps in vibrates back and forth between the spike and wall and explodes. The gold is just there to look pretty. Maybe attract a victim.

You can also create a high speed elevator. With a tower like this, the bottom made so the player can enter from either side of the wall. This time when you jump and hold jump, you'll cannon out the top at something like twice the speed of a normal wall stair thinger. And exit at any point earlier by hitting left and going through the wall.

screen-11-11-02-18-12-13.png

Etc. etc.

Foxodi, illu, Eggnogg and 4 others like this.
  2. t0rchic

t0rchic Drill Rusher

Yay for bugs.

Solomon-Grundy likes this.
  3. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

This are already fairly well known and have been around for a while.

4. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

Contrary are baboon!

illu, Wonkyth, Worm and 2 others like this.
  5. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

i should probably try this on the test server. MM must have added the new collision for some arcane purpose, right?

6. Acavado

Acavado KAG Guard Tester

Well duh. Precisely why there must be a thread to discuss it.

If you create the speed elevator with four or more blocks between the ladders, you will create an alarm tower that sends out a sound signal when entered by any player. Good for calling people back to base and instilling fear.

7. Reactorcore

Reactorcore Shark Slayer

This stuff is like out of some mad scientist's lab.

I like it.

8. MacD

MacD Shark Slayer

I've got to try that, an alarm tower sounds like it could be very useful with team chat and co-ordinating assaults/defence.

9. Acavado

Acavado KAG Guard Tester

I hope you're not serious. I mean. I mean, I hope you are serious. Yes. DO EET.

Probably an important bit: Fill the hole in the ground with a ladder to make it work completely consistently. Or, by that I mean, if you were to fail to enter the gap on your first jump, jumping against the wall will let you succeed at least by the third hop.

10. Shadlington

Shadlington THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Oh hey, when I first discovered this effect a couple of months ago I built an underground subway system :)
    I could upload the map if you're interested - its an interesting experience ;)

Eggnogg, Noburu and Acavado like this.
  11. Knight1

Knight1 Shark Slayer

I noticed this while digging tunnels, Always get myself stuck in bed rock some how. Good idea though, but a little weaker then a normal gate? I would assume 1 bomb would mess it up, perhaps. But, it would be cool to see in a defense ;)

12. Acavado

Acavado KAG Guard Tester

It's too specific for front line construction. Since any time an enemy blows a hole it it, it breaks or becomes a team trap, y'know. Oh, and, if you fill the speed elevator with team doors, you can move both up and down. If you space holes in it on the left side, you can move fast and it can be used as an archer port. If you space trap floors on it on the right side, it becomes team only and a trap to enemies. And while it's a lovely buncha fun jumping in the spike trap and exploding, but it's highly unlikely for enemies to do it. It's not very much something you can accidentally fall in. I'm playing with it to see how it can become more useful.

It's a convenient bug that enhances the game for building. If not for the weird wiggling, screaming, exploding, one sided, and teleporting sort of things, it would be the best kind of unintended feature.

13. Acavado

Acavado KAG Guard Tester

Well. It no longer works.

*cries a little*

14. kalidor

kalidor Shopkeep Stealer

None of it?

15. t0rchic

t0rchic Drill Rusher

It still works. I saw it ingame recently.

16. Fellere825

Fellere825 KAG Guard Tester

It works. Use the trapdoors and it helps you glitch through those one block gaps.

Acavado likes this.
  17. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Not only does it still work but I've noticed people now making similar constructions out of dirt to zip through mountains, it's quite irritating, I had it happen on the premium server constantly every map for about the past 4 hours.

18. Acavado

Acavado KAG Guard Tester

I was spoiled with the ability to put ladders as the floor and be able to spam jump into the gap. That no longer works, but a little run-jump works just fine.

19. Auri

Auri Tunnel Addict Donator Tester

Also more commonly known as "Elevator Glitch" which was unknown to me when I first posted this.

This takes advantage of a glitch with leftward motion through tight spaces. As of the current version this works, but only going to the left.

Basically, build something like this:

[​IMG]
    Why the holes in that otherwise-fine looking wall?

[​IMG]
    Your knight friends can hold up+left, and slash in one side and quite literally pop out the other!

[​IMG]
    You can fill the holes with castle-background to save resources...

[​IMG]
    Or use team doors so it's invisible from the outside, and unusable by the enemy teams.
    (Note: Fill the castle-wall in this image with trapdoors so the rest of your team can climb the wall normally)

[​IMG]
    This also works with steeper inclines or variable inclines. Note the block distances in the second wall, as these are the only ones that seem to work. Separated by one block diagonally, or separated by a knight's chess move in the direction of attack.

This can also be made out of dirt by a single knight. When you slash through an opening like the bottom of these towers have, you'll glitch into the dirt ahead of you, and can use your sword to make each subsequent hole.

Blue team can also construct these, but end the pathway prematurely, trapping red knights in solid stone, or end the pathway in a small spiked room that will essentially kill anyone smarmy or impatient enough to try it on enemy structures.

Happy teleporting!

EDIT Auri: Oh I see
    EDIT Wyeth: Added build number. Please read the guidelines

Darren, DarkD4, sj67 and 5 others like this.
  20. Eggnogg

Eggnogg Ye Olde Wench Donator Tester

This is kind of an extension of the subway/elevator glitch that's been around for awhile.

It's really neat, but I prefer to refrain from using an exploit. Nice job on working out how to do it, though.