1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Lack of players

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Grendell100, Feb 17, 2014.

?

Would you like to have KAG Classic on Steam as free-to-play game?

1. Yes.

69.9%
  2. No.

19.1%
  3. I don't care.

11.0%
  1. Grendell100

Grendell100 Haxor

Hello!

After few months of playing KAG Beta I tried to play Classic again, but I noticed there's not much players playing anymore (around 30 at 11 o'clock AM, time zone +1) because probably most of players moved to Beta.
    I suggest to add KAG Classic to free-to-play section on Steam. It will probably boost up population. What's your opinion, guys?

Sorry for my English.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
    UnnamedPlayer, miniu and InsaneMTL like this.
  2. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

+1
    i have 3 servers on kag classic, so, +1. more people = more fun
    (I'm bunnie. servers like "Bunnies Server: blablalba" are mine.)

Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
    Duke2die4 likes this.
  3. Bint

Bint Haxor

Join us, Join us, Join us, Join us

Edit: Getting it onto steam could be good, but i'm not sure how easy that would be.

4. toffie0

toffie0 is sweeter than you <3 Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Getting it onto steam would boost the popularity of it but that means less people in Beta... Soo.... Idk

5. Grendell100

Grendell100 Haxor

Or they will enjoy classic so they'll decide to buy full game.

Asu and MelMinaya like this.
  6. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I feel like getting it on steam is a good idea. I don't play it anymore (Beta is Better Because they Both start with B.) but I know a few people do.

7. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Yea, making classic a free-to-play would be nice to do. Would give people a chance to check out the game before grabbing the beta version.
    The only issue I can see with this idea is when someone gets beta, they may or may not like the steep learning curve beta has since well... there's changes in gravity, there's new ways to move around, changes in combat... all those shiny new things that classic doesn't have.
    Even now, when I go back to Classic in my bored days, I'd have to relearn all the tactics that classic had long ago... and I'm currently not doing super well... I keep fucking dying every damn second.. aggravating mother fucking classic.. D:
    I mean, the controls are still the same, it's just everything I said before has changed... but that's my opinion :o

PinXviiN likes this.
  8. Jlordo

Jlordo Nobody Donator

IIRC, Geti said they weren't doing this for reason I forgot. I'll try to find his post.

9. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

People will probably expect them to update both, although they probably rather want to finish KAG Steam and move on.

10. Grendell100

Grendell100 Haxor

That would be nice.

11. Hermap

Hermap Haxor

I say yes.
    Classic deserves way more players!

miniu and InsaneMTL like this.
  12. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

Might hurt the game's image, people would mistake it for an accurate representation of the KAG experience when there are a lot of glaring bugs in the final classic build. I think it would actually deter sane people from buying the game if they assumed beta was like that.

PinXviiN and UnnamedPlayer like this.
  13. CaptianSlyfox

CaptianSlyfox Arsonist

if you want more people you should stop banning people for no reason! :/

having said that classic is the best and should get more attention then it is.
    i think it could go on steam with the BETA version as a additional free to play.

14. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Not to burst your bubble, but as ShnitzelKiller said before you, that can actually be more harm than good. As I guess you know, beta is far more different than classic. With that said, Classic cannot represent Beta in it's current form for it will damage it's current standing with it's buggy issues and other shit.
    So yea...sorry there D;

15. Almost everyone who plays Beta says Beta is better, so I don't see that as that big of a problem. If someone has to get into Beta, he'll like it or not anyways. Many people who play Beta today started in Classic and moved over. Classic is difficult to get along with first too and putting it on Steam for free would give both games more attention. Since there's that gigantic "commercial bubble" you see everytime you play KAG Classic without a Gold account or offline, you'd get curious how Beta is like. I think in an "early state" that comparison wouldn't make you prefer Classic that much anyways, since Beta's the better game.

Mehno, MelMinaya and miniu like this.
  16. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

And again, classic is full of bugs and not the best representation of Beta itself.
    Think about it like this. If people were to play classic first, don't you think that they might get the wrong idea about what's in beta? They might think that buying Beta for god knows how much might just be a waste of money, besides... the developers have abandoned Classic, it's just a prototype.
    Most of the Steamies who play Beta don't even know of the existence of this prototype.... well.. untill the devs decide to smack it on Steam like you say they should.

However, I do agree with the fact that maybe they will be curious, but a good number of people, including some critiques (And myself, since I hate wasting money on something I can't get a refund from) might just see that demo and will wonder if they should download Beta or not...
    And that there is where your logic kinda breaks.

BUT... it would be kinda nice to see Classic popular again... it's kinda sad to see so many empty servers ;w;

InsaneMTL likes this.
  17. I know, it's a completely different game.
    Then I'd just "advertise" Classic on Steam as this prototype of the Beta, there'd be no way people couldn't see Beta too. I don't know why anyone should have a problem with people playing Classic, in case some people who find KAG that way prefer Classic over Beta - and putting Classic on Steam for free to get some attention for KAG Beta would definitely get more people into Beta than not doing so.

Sirpixelot likes this.
  18. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Yea, I guess you're right. Classic can attract more players to itself, as well as gain some curious minds who wouldn't mind dropping 10 bucks on beta, just too see how good it is in comparison. :D

It's that... or we get a few veterans who're kind souls who will give them steam keys... owo

19. Taiga

Taiga Based God Donator

End of an era fellas, let's pack our bags.

20. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Adventure Time...~ :D

Mehno and CaptianSlyfox like this.