1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Build 1047 - Tweaks and Modding Fixes

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DevBlogger, Feb 28, 2014.

1. DevBlogger

DevBlogger KAG DevBlog Feed Bot

We’ve been working with modders this week on getting some specific issues fixed and a few examples of “how to do X” in preparation for that modding showcase. Particular thanks to Norill, Skinney, and Rayne along with the rest of the testers and anyone posting in that call to arms thread.

Other changes this build are mostly minor, with a gameplay focus.

[​IMG]
    Pictured: Common fear of many Australians, now tweaked for more balance despite my fondness for crying enemies.

• Water ammo only stuns through shield on a direct hit
      This prevents water spam from being too detrimental and counter-competitive; It’s a change that’s been on the list for quite a while, but as expected it was somewhat fiddly to do properly over the net.
    • Arrows take no damage from jabs, only slashes.
    • Water arrows splash when killed rather than turning into one bit of wood.
    • Fire arrows do 2 full hearts of damage instead of 1.75 hearts (1 heart on hit, 1 heart of burn)
    • Fixed mods not downloading new files the next time.
    • Fixed not being able to load maps from Mods/ folders.
    • Added example custom tile mod - note that this is only the tip of the iceberg, to have a tile that takes damage, animates etc you have to roll a lot more of your own code, which is not for the faint of heart.
    • Fixed joining modded server the first time often crashing.
    • Joining modded servers only preloads used files (much faster joins for small/simple mods)

Full Changelog:

[modified] gold stacks to 500, not 1k per inventory slot
    [added] increased burn time - fire arrows now do 1heart damage + 1heart burn
    [script][fixed] getPlayer(i) should return null now when player count is 0 or index is wrong
    [fixed] mod loaded only on 1st time game launched
    [fixed] mods not loading or crashing on 2nd server join
    [modified] water bombs don't stun through shield unless on a direct hit
    [added] water arrows stun shielded knights only on direct hit
    [fixed] tresflags map being "cut off" by the no build zone at the top
    [fixed] mods not updating by force downloading every time
    [added][fixed] can load maps from Mod folders by adding map name to mapcycle without need for extension
    [added] example for new block in scripts
    [script] made it a bit easier to handle custom tiles in mods (use a modded CustomBlocks.as)
    [modified] arrows cannot be jabbed, only slashed.
    [modified] just first day of playing won't show modded servers (was 2)
    [fixed] joining modded server 1st time resulting in crashes
    [modified] joining server only preloads used files (significantly faster joining)

Have Fun!

Max/Geti

Original DevBlog post.

NinjaCell, Noburu, Ruleral and 3 others like this.
  2. franek123

franek123 The architect of the royal castle. Donator Tester

Hate hate hate! Narl left ;_;

Last edited: Feb 28, 2014
    Draco1991 likes this.
  3. Nyarll

Nyarll Catapult Fodder

Yea nice update.
    Narl Server development close.
    and Servers shutdowns.

btw have nice jokes about Russian like it so much!

{
    CBitStream requirements;
    AddRequirement( requirements, "blob", "grain", "Grain", 1 );
    AddRequirement( requirements, "blob", "trader", " Russian", 1 );
    addFoodItem( this, "Russian Burger", 6, "A hamburger made of a veiny old person.", 30, 1, @requirements );
    }

Draco1991 likes this.
  4. Diprog

Diprog Bison Rider Tester
    1. FUN Servers

I see that you didn't play SIlent Beta. Early Trading Post called as "Обмен" and there was Russian Burger, that was "funny". But now it's stupid, seriously

Also. Devs broke mods with their "fixes". Mod files can't be downloaded. Client downloads only .as scripts and nothing more. Thanks for breaking it. I replied to the MM already, waiting for the answer or hotfix
    Yes, we're having it

Draco1991 likes this.
  5. Nyarll

Nyarll Catapult Fodder

Looks like in some views we are same.

Draco1991 likes this.
  6. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

Just telling it's one of the worse KAG updates, literally fucked up mod system.

7. Leo

Leo Haxor

Server crash at test.kaggen map:

19:56:22] Key not found [ground_noise_frequency] in config file 'Maps/test.kaggen.cfg'
    [19:56:22] Closing console device: Signal 6 received

8. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

>that moment when modding fixes break modding

9. franek123

franek123 The architect of the royal castle. Donator Tester

>that moment when Klokinator tries to be funny

UnnamedPlayer, Hawxx, Nabuco and 6 others like this.
  10. Arcrave

Arcrave http://tinyurl.com/ArcravesTheme Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

[​IMG]

Noburu, Hawxx, 101i and 3 others like this.
  11. it's the every moment

also lol@the RUS

Noburu and BlueLuigi like this.
  12. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester

[​IMG]

Apronymous, Noburu, Kiofspa and 3 others like this.
  13. Arcrave

Arcrave http://tinyurl.com/ArcravesTheme Tester

[​IMG]
    > @Yagger

[​IMG]

on topic: holy shit arrows and fire!? thats pretty cool man! :kappa:

Sir_Walter and Bint like this.
  14. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

While I thought MM would update you guys, the kaggen (and presumably other cutom) map loads (and therefore sandbox) were fixed with a hot fix a few hours after the initial build went out. If people still can't play sandbox please let us know asap.

Re: the Russian "jokes" and being mad about them - the traders were meant to be Russian canonically. The burgers were made out of a trader body initially. While it's a bit dark, I really don't see the reason for being offended about their race - they're just merchants from a foreign land, and we picked Russia. Would it be funnier if we picked Australia and had everything crocodile themed?

Re: fire burning one heart - deal with it, you got your water nerf.

Noburu, Ruleral, Diprog and 2 others like this.
  15. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Exactly what got "fucked up"? We tested with bunnyfection extensively before release, was working 100% other than some bugs in the actual mod.

16. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

the server only sends .as files to the client now, cfgs, pngs, and other such files are not sent, and therefore not downloaded. in example, my archer brawl mod has 53 files, but the client is only prompted to download 21 files when connecting to my server, all of which are .as files only.

was working fine when i fell asleep last night, maybe check if MM changed anything after you tested water changes? since last thing i remember was you restarting the US test server

while this sucks, i dont see why everyone is acting like the entire game is ruined, it can be fixed.

Noburu, 8x, Asu and 6 others like this.
  17. Geti

Cool, that info is much more useful than "everything is fucked". I'll pass it on and see if he can fix it over the weekend; only changes he made I can think of that may have something to do with it is un-"fixing" the extensions being stripped off files and changing how and when the game precaches stuff, so I'll get him to start looking there.

18. every time i start single player game it moves all my active mods to C:\Mods lol
    i noticed "Mods" and "old" folders randomly popping on my C: drive before this build too, but it didnt remove anything from kag folder before

Rayne and Aphelion like this.
  19. Diprog

Diprog Bison Rider Tester
    1. FUN Servers

I told you and replied to the MM...
    I didn't say "Everything is fucker". Waiting for hotfix ;)

20. MM

MM THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Hotfix released. Mod downloading issues should be fixed. Only after server restart.