1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Action | Classic KAG

Discussion in 'Server Directory' started by Rayne, Mar 7, 2014.

1. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Server Info For: Action | Classic KAG
    Game mode: CTF
    Slots: 24
    Global Moderation: On
    Ping Limit: 450
    Settings: Modded
    Mods: ClassicV0.2

Arcrave; Beef; Blitzkrieg99; Boxpipe; Forsaken; Jackitch; Jerloch; Kouji; Lag-a-lot; Rayne; s17; Unnamedplayer
    00_raiser; 360noscope; adinxs; alpaca; andr01d; andro1d; aoi; applestothepear; areo; azeal; bammboo; bandit4; beasterdenbeast; beef; beelzebub; beezlebub; birdman159; blitzkrieg99; bookmark; brandon816; brilly; bruthsaw; cadbury; catakus; celia; converse; coolcat; countrary; deputy; derek; drzaloski; ej; evan5567; fiddy; generic; greenrock; guro; haste; hexalslug; i3lue; ivy; jackal; jaedong; justi01; kalikst; lag-a-lot; lehoon; link6155; markboy789; maverick; mazey; mcchunks; mechatrickster; monsteri; mricarus; mulpy; nazna; norill; overlord; oximus; panic_trap; paralogia; potatomcwhiskey; pumpkingslice; radpipe; ramsis; rubixxcube; serene_silk3; slather; terraria_clone; thebonesauce; thericecooker; titmau5; tooche; vampo; warrfork; wolffkran; xlayer; yagger;
    All servers have the same rules:
    1. No Hacking
    2. No Griefing
    3. No Spamming Chat
    4. No swapping back to the other team if team balanced swapped you (doing this repeatedly will get you banned no questions asked)
    5. No Impersonating Admins
    6. No Being A Jackass (as determined by an Admin)
    7. No Asking for Admin (this includes asking in this very thread)
    8. No Pissing of Admins
    9. No Bullshit
    Depending on the reason you got banned, you may request an appeal. In general though, most bans are permanent; however if you can make a strong appeal and make a convincing argument as to why I should unban you, then I will.

If you feel you have been unbanned wrongly, DO NOT, and I repeat DO NOT just post "I got banned for no reason, unban plz". Follow these steps:
    1. Make sure you didn't get ping banned (you may only skip this step if an Admin froze you and then banned you). If you can not join after 30 minutes, go on to step 2. If you skip this step, any future requests will be ignored.
    2. State the name of the Admin who banned you (if you don't know who banned you, that's fine I guess but state that you don't know who banned you), state what you were doing at the time and give post both the relevant snippets of the log and the entire log itself. If you do not provide logs, I will ignore your unban request regardless unless I or another Super Admin were there and decide to unban you. Just a note, since I can access the server itself, I have access to chat logs on the server, so you attempt to manipulate the logs to present yourself better or hide something relevant, you will be permbanned regardless of whether you were right or wrong.
    3. Wait until the admin who banned you responds. If they feel that you should be unbanned after explaining your case, then you will be unbanned. If you don't get unbanned, go to next step.
    4. Send me a PM stating why you should be unbanned. I will give you further instructions there.
    If you can't follow these steps, YOU WILL BE IGNORED and will not be unbanned.

If you have a problem with admins, PM me WITH EVIDENCE (just screenshots of chat will not do, logs are preferable) of their abuse. Things that I don't care about:
    1. Admins taunting you
    2. Admins building swastikas, crosses and other symbols
    3. Admins using "foul" language
    4. Admins muting you because they find you annoying
    Things that I do care about:
    1. Admins freezing/banning people just to win games
    2. Admins griefing on their team
    If a Super Admin was on at the time and they were okay with it, then I don't care either. Additionally do not tell me how to punish the admins or that they should have their admin removed. That's up for me to decide, not you.

If you wish to donate $5 USD to the server and receive VIP, use this link
    Benefits of VIP include: Ping Kick Immunity and the ability to join the server when it's full. Additional benefits maybe available if mods are used.

If a server is down, get on IRC and ping me. You can leave a message here, but in that case the server will only be upped when one of the I or another admin checks this thread, which may end up not happening for a few hours or even until the next day.

If you have recommendations on how to improve something, feel free to post it. Be prepared to receive criticism if others think it's bad though.

2. Rayne

3. Apronymous

Apronymous Bison Rider

So is this the new whyisntthisshitinthespamcanitstoppedbeingontopic100pagesago old Action thread, or are there laws against that now?

4. Rayne

you can have fun like the previous thread but try not to get carried away with it, 20 pages of spam and nothing server related is bad.

5. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

Download 2 additional files? Yes. Download 2 additional files? Yes. Download 2 additional files? etc...

6. Rayne

stuck for you? try restarting client, i can connect fine

7. BanakaI1

BanakaI1 Shipwright

I played this by myself this morning.It was amazing everyone should all play on it all day and quit there jobs and buy a stockpile of food and water and also drink coffee as much as possible and eat salty food in order to retain water so that you can stay in front of the computer all day playing this server (except like once a week when you have to pee)

8. whisper_dan

whisper_dan Ballista Bolt Thrower

This mod has ruined vanilla KAG for me. But the server is not on my list. How do I connect?

9. Kramgnauh

Kramgnauh Bison Rider

Awwww yeah >_<

10. whisper_dan

Server game version is newer. Please be sure to update the game to the latest version

11. Rayne

what do you mean it ruined vanilla kag for you?

if you have steam i think there are issues with syncing new updates to the steam build server, try running forceupdate.bat in your kag folder if that doesnt work you'll need to wait for the devs to fix it, again.

12. whisper_dan

I mean vanilla kag seems like a huge perversion where knights literally fall out of the sky and archers don't mean squat. Buildings are never strong or high enough, ect.....

13. Rayne

oh, right.

thanks! if you have any suggestions post them here

i plan on nerfing the knight shield gliding a bit so that he cant survive super long drops, this will help with them falling from the sky to destroy your entire team

14. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

I liked how in Classic, you could actually tell where people can and can't go with normal movement, and design buildings accordingly, rather than just build the tallest flimsy thing you can and hope nobody shield-scales up the whole thing. So this is nice, but obviously archers should have their grappling hooks removed to balance it...

I feel like you see a whole lot less clever traps and building designs in general in modern kag, partly because building is so clunky and unresponsive, and partly because traps are all but useless unless you go for the boring saw trap.
    Ah, the nostalgia glasses...

So basically keep it up.

15. Sir_Walter

Sir_Walter Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

I have the same problem, which still happened when I quit and reopened kag

16. Rayne

delete Classic from your mods folder

17. Rayne

We are actually going to shoot for coding the old acavado trap system, using trap bridges and spikes together to create deadly traps. I'd like some input on this as we're willing to implement other features than that were in classic.

18. kedram

kedram Drill Rusher Tester

1. remove ballista/ keep catapult
    2.remove keg
    3.archers, 3hearts, no grapple, 2 damage
    4.remove water

19. Rayne

1) why remove ballista? i plan on removing bomb ammo and the spawning function from it to make it just another siege machine
    2) again, why? they're fairly expensive now and help end stalemates, which were a constant problem in classic
    3) k done
    4) water ammo? i'm keeping it in and just removing the stun effect so they can be used to put out fires easily

20. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Can you increase nipple size on buliders?????