1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Breaking youre own buildings

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gamegamer0, Nov 4, 2011.

1. Gamegamer0

Gamegamer0 Shopkeep Stealer

Im so annoyed at the dumb admins who ban you for the smallest things.
    I was on a server and got annoyed becouse i didnt like the base around the flag (i had made it all the rest of the team were just running around digging holes and placing traps).
    So the admin comes on and sees me breaking blocks and he says that if i dont stop he will ban me.
    I tell him its my building then he says that i cant break it becouse its needed to defend the flag (WHEN THE REST OF THE TEAM IS AT THE MIDDLE OF THE MAP)
    So i ignore him and he bans me -_-

Another simmilar thing happened when i and a friend of mine had built a GIANT tower and there was only one enemie left and everyone else is at the enemies castle.
    We decide to break the tower and this admin is standing there looking at it.
    I say were gonna break it and he just ignores us and goes under the skybridge.
    It falls down on him and he bans us -_-
    Im so annoyed at the dumb admins who instantly ban you >=(

2. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

My suggestion would be to work upon stupid constructions in stages, making it perfectly clear that you do not intend to weaken the base in any way.

3. Vikthar

Vikthar Shipwright

He told you not to, and you did it anyway. Can't really blame him for banning you. Talk it out next time, maybe he would understand with a little explanation.

My condolences.

Birdman159 likes this.
  4. Trae

Trae Shopkeep Stealer

Well, if you do random shit without explaining it, you look like a griefer, and if you dont want to explain yourself, while doing something irrelevant (why repair a base, when you could go to the frontlines and make something useful?) You have to think about how it looks, not your intent, when you do stuff like that as builder.

5. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

FWIW it's likely never actual admins banning you (as there's only 5 of us, Me, MM, Furai, Shad and that lemony squid fellow) but the KAG guards. Apologies that they banned you for doing something useful with the whole "crap building around the tent" thing, but you have to appreciate that they're entrusted by us to kick people smashing the base up out - 99% of the time that's not someone doing something useful, it's a griefer.

Do you have any other instance where you've been banned for "the smallest things" though? Seems like this is just a ragepost about two events that could easily be interpreted as you griefing your team's largest structure.

Fellere825 and Valkyrie like this.
  6. Gamegamer0

Ye kinda dumb of me to post "the smallest things" but i dont think breaking a tower you made yourself is that big a deal i mean really come on.

7. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

Well, it's kind of a big deal...
    It still is your team's base, after all...

8. Pizza

Pizza Ballista Bolt Thrower

After you made the tower/base/building, it isn't yours anymore. It is the tower/base/building of your team. At least that are my thoughts. Most of the time when poeple break bases they are griefers. I do not think its strange that the mod banned you. (most likely its only a ban of 10 minutes right?) The moderators do what they have to do, and that is kicking griefers. (and some other stuf but that is not related to this thread)

9. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

People need to understand that if we see someone who looks like they're griefing, and they don't COOPERATE with us, to explain why they're not griefing, we will kick them. I don't think you realise how many people i've given the benefit of the doubt, because they have given me a reasonable even if slightly dubious explanation. Respect our decision and politely explain in full why we are wrong, and we will respect you and hopefully unfreeze/not kick you.

Noburu likes this.
  10. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

This. How did the admin know you werent lying?

If a Guard bans you it is only temporary.

11. Gamegamer0

To all you wondering the first server is taken down and i got unbanned on the second one.
    Also the admin saw me build the base when i got on then later he left then he came back and saw me break it.
    Im sorry for being vague on details it was really late and i just wanted to let off some steam.

12. tinsoldier

tinsoldier Shopkeep Stealer

In my experience it's not that hard to tell if someone is 'remodeling' versus 'griefing' but obviously some people have trouble with that. Gotta love it when people start cussing and throwing a fit because you broke a block they had an emotional attachment too.

I guess what I came to say is that it seems like the Guards should be a little more conservative in cases like this. Breaking a few blocks isn't going to ruin anyone's fun but banning someone (even for 10 min) will ruin the fun for one guy for sure.

13. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

I always freeze people before I ban them so that they have I chance to explain themselves.

Also it gives me an opportunity to deliver a snappy line before I boot them.

Wonkyth and Noburu like this.
  14. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

You need to be careful when repairing/upgrading your base, players are (rightfully?) paranoid about griefers

15. Eric_Rommel

Eric_Rommel Catapult Fodder

Same happens with me

16. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

Yes there is, which is why I always freeze people to give them the benefit of the doubt, aside from collapsing the entire main base.

The thing is though, if you'll look in this example, he said he collapsed a building which does not seem like just a simple remodelling. I can understand why the guard in question wanted to investigate.