1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Physical Objects Becoming Passive

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Duplolas, Mar 7, 2014.

?

Do you think this would be a good idea?

Poll closed Mar 16, 2014.
  1. Yes

21.1%
  2. No

78.9%
Mods: Rainbows
  1. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

I completely agree with you. The better team should always win. But doors being proped open by a body isn't when an entire team dies, it is 1 person. That is why I think having this timer is a good idea. One person shouldn't cause the entire team to lose, such is why greifing is against the rules. To get better, you need to play the game, how are you suppose to play the game if you lose because someone else fucked your entire team over?

@Boxpipe

Ad Hominem, please look it up because until you fix it none of your posts will mater.

I don't even know how or why skill really even became to main subject of this discussion considering the fact that no matter how good you are, you can cause this to happen as well.

The lesser the skill, the higher chance of it happening, but if you are a builder getting chased back to your base and can't get through in time, you will die, and sometimes you will prop open a door. It has happened to me before and it is likely happened to you all before too.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
  2. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

I agree with both Boxpipe and Duplolas. The badness of the player sometimes doesn't affect the badness of the ideas. <3

If a team is neglecting their base to the point where a corpse is left in a door where many enemies are gathered, the corpse being from the defending team and therefore negating any potential claims that they had no idea, then they deserve to suffer a painful penetrating attack to their rear entrance.
    I'll admit, the idea could have merit if the corpse didn't despawn in a minute or so anyway; however, even if corpses and/or items remained for all eternity, the proposed solution is still most bodaciously undone by the current solution, which involves a team being actively involved with their own home.

Sir_Walter likes this.
  3. Trumbles

Trumbles Bison Rider

Why would you add mechanics specifically so that new players don't have to learn?

Sure it's extremely punishing if someone goes and dies in a door, but it's a lesson that most people will learn from.

I see absolutely no point to this suggestion.

Learning these kinds of little mechanics is one of the most important aspects of KAG, in my opinion. Taking all the little things out to make the game "easier for new players" is bad for the game, and the general experience of learning the ropes.

Hella and Sir_Walter like this.
  4. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

I agree making it new easier for new players can be bad, but in this case it does little to the actual gameplay.

And as I said before, not just unskilled players get stuck in doors and die. It is more them than not, but still it happens to the best of us.

5. Boxpipe

Boxpipe single, female, lawyer

Why do you feel the need to reply to post that don't matter?

Do you even understand the definition of the words you are using? You typed that crap about emotional responses because you are quite clearly suffering from narcissistic rage over that fact that you are a bad player at KAG contrary what you may like to believe about yourself.

In the end regardless of your terrible skill at the game, things in the game should not be geared towards helping people who are bad at the game because they are bad.

Sir_Walter likes this.
  6. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

if you have someone at least with some decent skill, they'll realize that a body sitting in the door is probably a bad thing. kag is all about learning from mistakes, not pandering to casuals because "muh fairness to all". i certainly didnt get any help when i first started KAG nor did a lot of others. why should we have to introduce new mechanics to counter something that promotes the idea that you should watch your base and be observant in the field?

Sir_Walter likes this.
  7. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

Man you are one of the densest person I have ever even seen. Congratz. I didn't even respond to you, but wait, I guess you thinking I was responding to you just proves my point.

As I said, dieing in a doorway happens to all of us. In some cases it is accidental.

30 seconds is way longer than it normally takes for someone to move a body out of a doorway. So decent skilled players will do so before the 30 seconds comes around.

The 30 seconds is there for times when an unskilled player dies, usually in an entrance that no one is using, and causes their team to lose.

Let me ask you all this.

How long does a body normally last in a doorway before it is slashed or moved?

If it is under 30 seconds, how much does this really change in the gameplay? Do you really think it would cause mass chaos and ruin the entire game?

8. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

If it doesn't really change the gameplay, then why go to these lengths to protect inexperienced players / protect yourself from inexperienced players?

9. Trumbles

Trumbles Bison Rider

If it's so insignificant, why bother making the change? Seriously. This is pointless.

10. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

Because it is a small change that gives everyone a bit more protection when anyone leaves a door open. If it does something good, is easy to mod into the game, and changes little, doesn't that make it worth it?

People like how the game plays now, little changes are the best things to suggest. You have seen how everything major suggested has a 99% chance of getting turned down. So having something that changes little, but keeps the game as-is, should be the types of suggestions being made.

11. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

or just leave it as is and how it always has been; your team is plebs and will probs lose anyway if they don't slash or throw the thing holding a door open.

I also wouldn't enjoy getting to the front, killing someone in a door to open it for my team, then it closes 10 seconds later because "its fair to team lol."

Apronymous and norill like this.
  12. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

It wouldn't be 10, it would be somewhere along the lines of 30. But yes, the system now works OK, I was just trying to suggest a way that could possibly make it better.

13. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

It's like he fed them all the ideas that ruined classic.

It doesn't matter your time, it's terrible. It's something that already has a solution implemented, you juts don't like it cause you're a baby who wants things easier.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
  14. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

https://forum.kag2d.com/threads/knight-changes-general-ignore-the-op.17996/

https://forum.kag2d.com/threads/spike-properties.18909/

https://forum.kag2d.com/threads/increased-mine-resistance-to-environmental-damage.18507/

https://forum.kag2d.com/threads/ticket-ctf-and-tth.18406/

https://forum.kag2d.com/threads/exhaustion-4-knight.18282/

https://forum.kag2d.com/threads/catapult-knight-building-damage.16583/

Those are 6 threads I have made. Each one asks to add something to the game that makes it harder and require more skill to win.

Saying that I just want to make the game easier because I am a baby and am unskilled based upon this thread is pretty immature in itself.

The fact that this actually makes it harder to attack, which is usually what I am doing since most of the time I am knight, proves you wrong.

And really there is more proof to show that you are a "baby" than I am.

Most of your posts have a misspelled word in every sentence, if what you post can even be labeled as sentences.

Example:

You continuously try to start fights when you are against something. Usually causing another mod to have to step in.

Example: Almost any thread I have made that you have posted in.

And finally, the fact that you do all of this when you yourself are a forum mod. Which, I don't even know if I should consider you one since you are in charge of the Misc. category. Which I guess even further proves that you are a "baby" since to make you feel important, you are placed in charge of something that doesn't even need you there in the first place.

And this:

What solution is there? I mean, all the previous posts you liked were people denying that this was even a problem. If theres no problem, no solution is needed, so thank you for admitting it is a problem. But I still would like this "solution" you speak of.

15. Sir_Walter

Sir_Walter Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

Taking the body out of the door
    :ehh:

16. Trumbles

Trumbles Bison Rider

Problem: Someone dies in your doors

Solution: Move them.

It's simple enough as it is, there's absolutely no need to add extra layers to it. It's not a serious issue, it doesn't break the game, and with good building, you don't even need to worry about it.

Yes @Duplolas, we know you make a lot of suggestion posts. That... really doesn't mean anything. No need to get overly defensive.

Sir_Walter likes this.
  17. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

Thats the thing. This was a small suggestion. Though, it turns into a thread that attacks me personally. You say I don't need to get defensive, but when people just bash the person instead of actually bringing up points of why it shouldn't be implemented, who doesn't?

I mean look at how Hella responded. He was mature, addressed both sides of the issue, seeing that there was some positives and negatives to the idea, but after looking at both, he states what his final opinion is.

Then look at Boxpipe.

Is argument is, "Duplolas is bad, thats why he wants this"

See the difference?

18. Trumbles

Trumbles Bison Rider

This is why you should ask a moderator to clean up the thread, instead of continuing a fight.

Fighting is what PMs are for, anyways.

19. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

No offense, but:
    >doesn't use the report function
    >complains about people bashing him

Seriously, clicking that thing and writing a little line about what's up with it isn't all too difficult.

Anyways, you people need to get over your little flame wars. Trumbles said it above, take fights to PMs instead of having them in public places (you should already know that if you actually cared enough to read the rules, btw).

Pizza likes this.
  20. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

Uhm. I did. I actually did use the report function. I used it on one of Boxpipe's posts from SUNDAY.

And I thought when I had saw UnamedPlayer reply to the thread in my notifications that he would have taken care of it, but he didn't.

Since he didn't I didn't bother to report again because no one gave a shit the first time.

Mods: Rainbows