1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Build 1053 - Not a lot happening! Check back in a day or two :)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DevBlogger, Mar 9, 2014.

1. DevBlogger

DevBlogger KAG DevBlog Feed Bot

Sorry for the late post. Been trying to push out a hotfix for something that needs changing in this update before the changes are ready to be made proper use of - that’ll have to wait till Monday now, unfortunately.

Basically, this update marks the first inclusion of the mod verification/distribution system I’ve been working on for the past few months.

This first update only caters to the first part, verification: it lets mod devs register their mods and then when servers/clients load up mods they can verify that those mods have come from the developer they claim to have come from, without being tampered with.

Future updates will involve a more robust mod distribution system that will (I hope) please both mod devs and server owners alike (allowing for things like auto-updates of mods as devs push out new releases).

That said… I’m not going to tell you how to use it properly yet, because as I mentioned at the start of this post I still have to make a change to it (hopefully released on Monday) and it’d be best if folks didn’t make use of the new stuff till then. As the new verification stuff is turned off by default, this means that everything is working like normal for now - no changes required.

Anyways, aside from that stuff there were also a couple of minor changes from Geti that you can find in the changelog below.

Full Changelog:

[added] builder cant build backwall/ladders/etc in the edge 2 tiles of the map.
    [modified] no build zones are 3 tiles at edge, not 5 and 10.
    [added] some changes to maps
    [added] initial mod verification integration

Shadlington

Original DevBlog post.

2. Shadlington

Shadlington THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Move along, nothing to see here.

3. Apronymous

Apronymous Bison Rider

Sketchy, much?

4. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

We already knew he was dodgy. Move along, nothing new to see here. :shad:

5. Apronymous

Apronymous Bison Rider

Mixed messages... from authority figures.
    So. Confused.:huh?:
    Somebody send help, I'm not sure what do it.

6. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

It's a conspiracy.

7. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Apronymous and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  8. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

They feel nice! I noticed that at a JTG map (greatly called Aqueduct) there's a shape made with bedrock that might look like, somebody could think -ah those dirty minds-, 2 penises:
    ops.png

I'm sure it's only a trick to the eye and there's no intention to make 2 penises pointing at that cave in the middle. Despite this, if that's intended, the map should be called JTG_Cumduct::P:

(feel free to delete this post if offensive, not my intention)

Iamaclay, Noburu, NinjaCell and 10 others like this.
  9. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

I got the changes Tom needed help with done before heading to the gym tonight; I'll get the art done when I'm back and then with a bit of tweaking (and hopefully more testing than has been happening recently...) It'll be out and you'l be able to register and validate mods for a secure, happy experience all around.

Noburu and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  10. UnnamedPlayer

UnnamedPlayer Arsenist Administrator Global Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

I expect naked progress pics soon

Noburu likes this.
  11. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Got the icons done so there's nothing blocking forward progress on getting it out now. No naked progress pics I'm afraid.

12. The disapointment @Geti ::(:

13. Iamaclay

Iamaclay Shark Slayer

I'm still waiting on those nudes Geti. Seriously dude, this is urgent.