1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Spawning Items and Bots (Please Read)

Discussion in 'Server Help' started by Superninjaman426, Mar 2, 2014.

1. Superninjaman426

Superninjaman426 Catapult Fodder

• So I know their is other forums on this exact topic! I have look at them all but I just can't get it! How would I spawn in lets say a Keg? I don't know if i type it in chat or in the console! How would I use /rcon too? I have heard you type !Keg in chat by nothing happens! Also how do I type stuff in the Console? Finally when in the config I turn on bots, but in game they don't appear. How do I spawn bots or what am i doing wrong?

2. Gurin

Gurin Stop That! Global Moderator Donator Tester

If you want to spawn items, you will need to go into sandbox. Press HOME and type "/rcon /sv_test 1". (To un activate just do the same but with a 0 instead.)

Then in the chat of the game just do "!blobname". For example, a keg would be !keg in the chat.
    And bombs would be !bombs. (Also, btw. You may have to do !mat_blobname in some cases. I think it is only for arrows tho. For example: !mat_firearrows.

Changing teams is just !team 0 = blue. !team 1 = red. And it goes up to 8 i'm sure with different colours.

(For spawning bots, I know how to spawn them, but i'm not sure how to make them active and attack.)
    !knight, !archer, !builder. (You have to swap team colours to make the bots different colours, too.)

Last edited: Mar 2, 2014
  3. Superninjaman426

I typed in /rcon /sv_test 1 and it says (rcon) Unknown/inaccessible rcon command : /sv_test 1 for role normal
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 2, 2014 ---
    Does it have something to do with my rank because my name is purple?

4. Gurin

Nonono, the purple name is just a bug with the colour, it means nothing.

Maybe just do /sv_test 1 in HOME without the /rcon

5. Superninjaman426

Ok do I got it to work! The issue is it only works on my single player! What do I have to do to set it for my server?

6. Gurin

I'm not sure how to set it to your server. Maybe ask someone on IRC (#kag).

7. Superninjaman426

Ok I did and I'm not able to use this stuff! The servers coming along great I just wish I knew how to use/activate bots!

8. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Look for a file in your kag directory "Base/Scripts/server_autostart.as"

Open it using notepad (or some other, better text editor).

Add this code on a new line AFTER LoadDefaultMapLoaders() and before RunServer()

Code:
        int botcount = 4;
        while(botcount --> 0)
        {
            AddBot( "Henry" );
        }
    You can change the number botcount to control the number of bots.

Note that due to a bug the bots may prevent your server from automatically restarting itself when there's an update, and prevent the map from restarting automatically when your server is empty.

9. Superninjaman426

I can already spawn bots! Will this make it so they move and stuff?

10. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Yes, this will make actual bots, not just knight and archers that dont move. they will respawn and show up in the score feed.

11. Superninjaman426

Ok thanks so much! If you ever have time are servers are NerdSquad
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 7, 2014, Original Post Date: Mar 7, 2014 ---
    Sorry to bother you again but I setup the code and I see the knights I just can't join the server or join a team! Also the knights spawn automatically is that right?

12. Geti

The knights are just regular bot players. Jump on the #kag irc and ask for help, it'll get you more instantaneous results than asking on the forums.

Superninjaman426 likes this.
  13. TommmKL

TommmKL Shipwright

I need help. I can't figure out what the home key is on windows 7. I see the home key on my keyboard, but it opens up the home menu. Can anyone help me?

14. Geti

.. the home menu?

15. skelozero

skelozero Catapult Fodder

dose the home button have the window's symbol on it?

16. Geti

No, that is the windows key. The home button has "home" written on it.

17. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

The home button is on your keyobard.

18. skelozero

skelozero Catapult Fodder

when i press the home button it takes me back to the top of the page...

19. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

You press the home button ingame, silly.