1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Useful Structures - a community effort.

Discussion in 'Builder' started by Swaggernuts, Jul 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EdgeWing

EdgeWing Shopkeep Stealer

Yeah like a watch tower or guard tower or defence tower anything really just a wall XD but with more width in it

2. Asterix

Asterix Shopkeep Stealer

Thanks guys.
    I guess pretty much anything is going to get shredded by a cata, but what I was trying to say by durability is that even though you lose a few spikes to catapult fire and aggressive builders, as long as there are still a few spikes here and there, combined with arrow fire from behind it, this is pretty much still a death trap, or at the very least, a choke point!

3. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

Fancy, but you need to add some kind of roof to prevent trap doors from being destroyed by catapult

because if you dont it turns into a "really stupid teamkilling structure"

4. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

I think that every time I spawn.

Wonkyth, Monsteri and Kyzak like this.
  5. Asterix

Asterix Shopkeep Stealer

I did think about this Jackard, but the thing is, is that it needs to remain as trapdoors so that enemies will still fall into the trap if they try and climb over. The only thing I can really suggest is more layers of trapdoors!

Valkyrie likes this.
  6. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

put spikes on your roof. i would never use the example you posted, it simply isn't practical

7. Asterix

Asterix Shopkeep Stealer

Well i figured that spikes on the roof are just as likely to spike your own teammates, so thats why I didnt chuck them on the roof! The reason its a trap door is so that more enemies get inside the actual trap... plus, theres the threat of a catapult with every structure you build, it wont make a different whether it's stone or a trap door, the catapult will still destroy it!

EDIT: Though you're right, i guess it does make it a little vulnerable to cata fire

8. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Spikes have to be attached to a SOLID block to work. Walls and team bridges dont count. Well team bridges count, but they only hurt YOUR team since it opens for the enemy. The only time team bridge spikes will work is if the bridge is 1 hit away from breaking and no longer opens.

9. EdgeWing

EdgeWing Shopkeep Stealer

Yeah i agree Noburu

10. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

A quite effective tower, good as a base for castle.
    [​IMG]

This is a castle combined from Monsteri-styled towers :D :

[​IMG]

BlueLuigi likes this.
  11. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

quick low-effort spike trap that actually kills enemies (and your team, so be careful)

[​IMG]

another fun archer tower. always put arrow workshops at front wall

[​IMG]

BlueLuigi likes this.
  12. Monsteri

I shamelessly stole archont's stone trap. It's pretty damn effective.

screen-11-11-05-14-33-16.png

13. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

I'm having a problem lately with stone traps. When I collapse a structure, at times the game will not let me rebuild those tiles. Occasionally I can get by this by adding and removing a ladder or something, but is there another workaround for when that doesn't help?

Noburu and Acavado like this.
  14. Acavado

Acavado KAG Guard Tester

I'm getting the same thing, and I'm solving it the same way.

15. Monsteri

Me three

16. Noburu

Its been like this for a couple of builds now, but it does seem to have gotten worse since the latest update. I even run into some tiles that you cant do ANYTHING to. It doesnt even make a sound when you hit at them.

Ej likes this.
  17. kalidor

kalidor Shopkeep Stealer

you mean like those random dirt blocks in tunnels that no matter how often you hit them they just dont break?
    I actually have this problem in Ace of Spades too, oddly.

18. Noburu

Exactly that!

19. Auri

Auri Tunnel Addict Donator Tester

If you build a tower of 3+ thick trapdoors, archers can hide in it and fire at the enemy with their elevation unknown. They'll be hidden in the auto-shadow thingy.

illu, BlueLuigi and Noburu like this.
  20. Eric_Rommel

Eric_Rommel Catapult Fodder

An example of a great fort , It always works. Was under attack for a long time but still stands quite fine.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.