1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

how to log into game as admin?

Discussion in 'Server Help' started by MDN, Sep 11, 2013.

1. MDN

MDN Catapult Fodder

Hello I am new. This game is great!

I am currently using gshost.us to host my servers.

Is it possible to log into the game as an admin with the ability to ban or do super user things in game?

2. sinnertie

sinnertie Ministry of Hatred Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

Of course there is.

If you are renting the server from them you also have an access to your server files through ftp. You can download one of many FTP clients available and set it up with informations given on gshost.us website, at server section. Now, location which is your main target is: KAG/Security. You can find there - or you will probably have to create - seclevs.cfg (there are saved informations about all admin levels available) and other configs which contains information about what kind of abilities will have specific group and who will have it. You can assign people to these configs, depending on your needs.

Quick tutorial, find in location mentioned above file superadmin.cfg.example, rename it to superadmin.cfg (do it with other cfgs too if needed), edit line 'users' with your ingame username, like:

Code:
    name = Super Admin
    users = MDN;
    roles = rcon;
    commands = ALL;
    features = always_change_team; ban_immunity; editor; invincible; freeze_immunity; ignore_immunity; join_full; kick_immunity; map_vote; mark_any_team; mark_player; mute_immunity; name_mouseover; pingkick_immunity; silent_rcon; skip_votewait; spectator; view_collapses; view_console; view_rcon;
    assign = admin; vip; normal; premium;
    Next, file seclevs.cfg - if doesn't exist should be created at KAG/Security folder and contain following:
    levels_active = 1
    levels_files = Security/superadmin.cfg; Security/admin.cfg; Security/noadmin.cfg; Security/guard.cfg; Security/vip.cfg; Security/premium.cfg; Security/normal.cfg;

Which define what kind of levels will get loaded with the server on starting.

Last thing is editing autoconfig.cfg in main server directory and providing correct seclevs.cfg file path, so for this example this line should look like:
    security_seclevs = ../Security/seclevs.cfg

Save and restart server. You should be an admin ingame from now.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2013
  3. Chumind

Chumind Bison Rider

Just to add on. Sometimes this doesn't work for some reason... I had my server and i tryed this but i wasn't admin. If you don't become admin then log in with the server rcon password.

4. Tsilliev

Tsilliev Haxor

It says that I do not have permission to rcon login.

5. Chumind

Chumind Bison Rider

name = Super Admin users = Tsilliev; roles = rcon; commands = ALL; features = always_change_team; ban_immunity; editor; invincible; freeze_immunity; ignore_immunity; join_full; kick_immunity; map_vote; mark_any_team; mark_player; mute_immunity; name_mouseover; pingkick_immunity; silent_rcon; skip_votewait; spectator; view_collapses; view_console; view_rcon; assign = admin; vip; normal; premium;

Write your name were i wrote yours.

Kag<Base<Security<Superadmin

Hope You solve it :)

6. Tsilliev

Tsilliev Haxor

Ty for the quick reply, it still doesn't work :D:D:D
    I will write you what I did:

---at security/seclevs.cfg

levels_active = 1
    levels_files = Security/superadmin.cfg;

---superadmin.cfg

name = Super Admin users = Tsilliev; roles = rcon; commands = ALL; features = always_change_team; ban_immunity; editor; invincible; freeze_immunity; ignore_immunity; join_full; kick_immunity; map_vote; mark_any_team; mark_player; mute_immunity; name_mouseover; pingkick_immunity; silent_rcon; skip_votewait; spectator; view_collapses; view_console; view_rcon; assign = admin; vip; normal; premium;

---autoconfig.cfg

rcon = no password

And also I join my server from multipalyer-connect to 127.0.0.1:50301 and I have my head the default head not the skeleton head that I am usually using.
    A month ago, I could join my server and I could see my name red ie being admin and I could use ! commands in the chat, and I could use /rcon /sv_register or others from the console ie home button, but now my name is white.
    Now I can finally host, before I had problems, where people cannot see my server but now it is fixed, instead of that I cannot be admin so I cannot spawn the tents of the other teams, its like the universe is telling me not to host RP server atm.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2013
  7. Chumind

Chumind Bison Rider

Sorry. Had to walk to school but im here now :D

Ok In Auto Config
    Set your Rcon password to like 123
    and then log on to your server using Connect To...
    Then press Home key on your Keyboard
    Then type "/Rcon /Login 123"
    And then switch teams/suicide
    Then check if your name is red/orange

:)

8. Tsilliev

Tsilliev Haxor

a Q
    sv_rconpassword =123;
    or
    sv_rconpassword = 123;
    or it doesnt matter?
    when I push home
    /rcon /login 123 or /Rcon /Login 123 maybe it doesnt matter?

9. Chumind

Chumind Bison Rider

Leave it in lowercase.

Sorry. I type really formally on on the forums.

It doesn't matter. I've logged in with Capital and Lowercase.

I can help you right now for 10 minutes before I have to go to class. Download Teamviewer from Teamviewer.com

And then send me Username and Password in PM

10. Tsilliev

Tsilliev Haxor

Still free? :D
    Still says i dont have permission to use rcon.
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 4, 2013, Original Post Date: Oct 3, 2013 ---
    A quick update I am available to login with rcon command when I tried from another kag ie copied same kag but cleaned up.

11. kaizokuroof

kaizokuroof Agkubuk|'Kaizokuroof' Cilobakil, Roofpointy Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

That is strange, you would have needed to restart the server for the seclevs to actually start working, maybe that's what you did as you copied over a fresh copy of KAG?

Basically there are three steps to seclevs.

1) the Securitysetup.cfg file (to specify locations of seclevs, Blacklist and whitelist)
    2) the seclevs.cfg file (to include all your seclevs)
    3) Each individual seclev, such as Admin, Guard, Normal.

Once they're configured, if your server is already up, you need to restart the server for them to start working (if it is up at the time you configure your seclevs). If you put yourself in the SuperAdmin seclev, then you shouldn't have to login to rcon, to administrate the server.

For more details you can follow the seclev guide here: https://wiki.kag2d.com/wiki/Server#Security_Levels

12. Tsilliev

Tsilliev Haxor

Well what I do is I /rcon /login pass, then /rcon /reloadseclevs and then my name is red and I am admin although I cannot use !commands, I need to /rcon /sv_test 1 but then others can use commands too, I use that to set up tents in the beginning of the game.

13. Horse_That_Goes_Ni

Horse_That_Goes_Ni Your favorite Persian Staff Alumni Donator

Yes I know this is from a long time ago, but i am also having the same problem.:X3:(hopefully your still on the forums to help!)::):

adamitude likes this.
  14. adamitude

adamitude Base Burner

Hey! I can help you, which one of those steps isn't working out for you?:wink:

:spam:

15. Horse_That_Goes_Ni

Horse_That_Goes_Ni Your favorite Persian Staff Alumni Donator

Haha it's all good man. Got it fixed!:thumbs_up::smug:

adamitude likes this.