1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Official Texturepack/Resourcepack Support

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Crabmaster, Apr 22, 2014.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. Crabmaster

Crabmaster Bison Rider
    1. Zen Laboratories

As I get back into making texturepacks I realized recently that texturepacks(and soundpacks) aren't really supported more than just replacing game files, and it makes me curious if we could get a Texturepack folder like we have a Mod folder?
    What would be ideal would be a menu in the Video tab of the game Settings that would include a list of all of the texturepacks in the Texturepack folder, this way players could select and reload the game textures at any time!

One last thing that would be absolutely amazing would be the ability to allow the game to have texturepacks at 1x, 2x, 4x, and 8x spritesize(f.e. the world.png would have blocks at either x8, x16, x32, or x64 pixel wide sprites depending on which size is enabled for that pack). Not really all that necessary, even more so if that isn't an easy thing to do, but it would be awesome for the future of graphics in KAG!

(I couldn't find this suggested in the list so I hope this hasn't been suggested before!)

Auburn, NinjaCell, Jlordo and 2 others like this.
  2. steve_jobs

steve_jobs Bison Rider

Texture pack suppourt would be great. If it is not too hard to do, it should definitly happen.
    Having higher res textures would also be cool, but if you went too hd it would just look bad.

Crabmaster likes this.
  3. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

+1 to this idea.

4. epenow

epenow Oppressed banana cookie
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

Cool idea, but can the game code even shrink textures down that much? Either way this definetly gets my +1

Crabmaster likes this.
  5. Crabmaster

Crabmaster Bison Rider
    1. Zen Laboratories

@epenow From the sounds of what Voper told me in a conversation you can currently mod files to select larger regions of the sprites (and resize the sprites to match) just by changing a few numbers.

I still need to test this for myself to see if it is true/still works, though he also mentioned it only worked in singleplayer back when he did it. Probably wouldn't be too hard to find what issue caused it to glitch on servers!

Edit:
    [​IMG]
    I HAVE MADE MISTAKES!

Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
  6. steve_jobs

steve_jobs Bison Rider

could the texture support be modded in as a client side thingy?

Mods: Rainbows