1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Ideas on how to balance gameplay

Discussion in 'Balance' started by stees, Apr 28, 2014.

1. stees

stees Builder Stabber

The game is still in development, and we can effect how it's made, so let's hear from the players who have ideas on how to balance the gameplay between characters. I will keep a list of them below that is subdivided into groups, and I'll start off with a few things I've seen on the forums.

DON'T POST
    Personal attacks on skill ("Archers suck")
    Arguments that knight is not OP (we've heard them all to death)

WAYS TO BALANCE GAMEPLAY

NERF SOME CLASSES
    1) Make knight(all classes?) sink in water
    2) Reduce the distance of the knight slash
    3)

ENHANCE EXISTING CLASSES
    1) Give all players equal hearts
    2) Make archer and builder run faster
    3) Rotate the knight's slash animation toward the cursor so the strike direction is clear

NEW CLASSES
    1) Break knight class into 2 classes: a heavy knight and light knight
    2) Break archer class into 2 classes: crossbow(slow, strong) and long bow (fast, weak)
    3)

FIX EXPLOITS & BUGS
    1) Create the knight's animation for striking while holding something
    2) Remove knight "permanent stun" state where it takes no damage
    3) Limit knight wall climbing height

Last edited: Apr 28, 2014
  2. steve_jobs

steve_jobs Bison Rider

The game is finished, just saying. There will be no more major updates or stuff.

3. Malitha

Malitha Shipwright
    1. SIEGE Clan - SIEGE

The Exploits & Bugs 2) should be fixed soon. Geti's currently working on it. I'm not so sure about the other bugs.

4. steve_jobs

steve_jobs Bison Rider

Just a question about kegs. I heard some guy say something about a keg bug that couldnt be fixed without breaking the game. Is this the slash bug or the explode when attacked bug?
    (well, it might not be a bug, but I don't se how something so ridiculas could be a feature. :rollseyes:)
    Because if you can fix/balance the explode when attack bug/feature, that would be great.

5. BanakaI1

BanakaI1 Shipwright

This is on steam forums and I was laughing so hard reading it then, but didn't feel like bashing anyone. But now you posted it here and you are asking for trouble.

6. franek123

franek123 The architect of the royal castle. Donator Tester

"1) Give all players equal hearts"
    Ugh. . . Just think about it more. Actually think more about everything in this post.