1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Build 1110

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DevBlogger, May 2, 2014.

1. matheod

matheod Shipwright

Not sure to understand the Explosives changes, I will try it to understand it :p

But globally I like this patch. But stealth bases are still hard to do because of the map showing them :p

bobotype likes this.
  2. BanakaI1

BanakaI1 Shipwright

please, 25 coins is nothing for a knight

RadioActive likes this.
  3. Yantex

Yantex :^)) Donator
    1. Angels of Death - [AoD]

I love everything in this update besides the fact you cant even bombjump with a keg.

#FuckBJ's

RadioActive, Sir_Walter and meaow like this.
  4. BanakaI1

BanakaI1 Shipwright

huehuehue

5. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

That was one of the best features of Classic (along with skybridges, etc) ::(:

6. Yantex

agreed.

meaow likes this.
  7. matheod

matheod Shipwright

No the best feature is the ping ban, which ruin your game. Just because you got a little connexion problem, you can't join again the serv for 10 min, and all the work you did (I talk as a builder) on it are lost (for you). That's the best feature ever !

8. Yantex

Understood nothing.

meaow likes this.
  9. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

tldr his internet sucks and he blames kag

10. Yantex

tldr?

meaow likes this.
  11. Too
    Lazy
    to use google

Noburu and Klokinator like this.
  12. BanakaI1

BanakaI1 Shipwright

Must agree, it's also great when I get ping kicked while I am about to throw a keg off my tower or when I have the flag

13. KingMufasa

KingMufasa Catapult Fodder

I must say I really love everything with this update. The fights over the Kegs are awesome. And it doesn't ruin games, less suicide Keg runners are making it to bases. Now you really have to defend the Keg or set up a good cata. A lot more thinking is involved rather than mass suicide Keg runs.

Have to see on the explosion changes and how it effects terrain, haven't been able to tell too much.

Overall great update. Burger arrows ftw.

qpKillerqp likes this.
  14. Konfitur

Konfitur Haxor

15. JPD

JPD Shipwright

I found that in many maps burgers are fairly useless as you can simply go into a pool of water and take a fish for free.

16. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Response to reaction as a whole:

As always, it'd be great if people would let things settle for more than an hour or two before freaking out :^) Most of the changes people have been complaining about have been clearly marked as experimental, with a few other changes causing issues. We'll deal to that next week.

Responses to general concerns:
    • Expensive Bombs:
      lol because knight is always so hungry for coins amirite?
    • No Keg Bombjumping
      Yeah I've noticed this, will fix it. It's just the bomb knocking it out of your hands.
    • Keg Changes in General
      Probably going to drop the "heavy" tag as I think the drop is the more useful/interesting change, and them being super heavy just means getting to the front takes ages. They do still seem to be getting to walls and doing damage though so I'm not too stressed about it.
    • Shield Changes
      I think this is actually only noticeable with the downwards shield angles, where it's most important for bombjumping. I might increase it a little bit overall and make sure that the angle the game uses lines up with the angle in the sprite.
    • OGM KNIGHT NERFD
      Dude gurin was rocking 3+ kdr in AvA the entire time, and Aegis was getting there. I managed ~2. There were pubs with ~2 as well. You can still bombjump like mad, still kill stuff in a matter of seconds, and you're still incredibly mobile.
      We'll need a few days to see how everything re-balances as more archers enter the fray (something that's been needed for almost a year now) but honestly I'm not seeing the whole "knight is weak" argument as a particularly solid one.
    • Wood Spam?
      I really have never seen this as a "real" problem. Fire cleans things up pretty well; there is a specific case (platforms on stone walls) that are mainly made of wood and fairly fire resistant, but they still require a foundation of "normal" building below them because kegs shred through them like butter; that and you need to get back through them unless you're playing tth. Doors especially are so flammable that I'm not too worried.
    • Kamina and Yoko should maybe be team colour.
      We had this originally, it was No Good.
    I think that's actually more or less the extent of the changes people have complained or commented more than a few words about. Have a good weekend guys!

17. -Crimson-

-Crimson- Haxor

I love everything in this update, it's great!::):

but I disapprove over the knights shield angles, a lot of knights already have it hard with annoying archers, and before the patch it wasn't even an issue either, (coming from an archer) and as lots of archers get a lot better, taking out knights is over the top to easy. But maybe this is just an experiment to see how KAG community in general would react to these type of nerfs? I don't know, I still find it great either way, just having a heart for a few knights out there on how they would feel about this because I know a few of them have complained about it :sword:

I do love the tweak you added in with medi archers though 25252525
    but a lot of the AUS maps involve water (as you would know Geti)
    yet its balanced with land maps as well so its a perfect tweak.

:spam::food::food::food: :knight:

18. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Is the bomb weight increased at all, or am I just imagining things because I've been away for a little time?

Also, if you're going to decrease the shield's range, then it would be very nice if you could allow knights to shield left/right mid-parachuting. It's sort of annoying that you can clearly see an arrow coming for you while you're gliding, but you can't block it.

19. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

@-Crimson- yes, they're experimental; we'll slowly up the angle next week, and adjust a few things that need to change with how knights figure out their attack direction as well.

@ParaLogia Bombs haven't changed for quite a while, haha.

[​IMG]
    You can reclick RMB to adjust your shield. It's "locked" while gliding currently cause people were complaining it wasn't as easy as classic; could be removed if people wanted it done though.

20. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Yeah, now that the weird blocking angles were removed, it would definitely be much easier on knights if they could adjust their shield in mid-air.