1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Build 1110

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DevBlogger, May 2, 2014.

1. Yantex

Yantex :^)) Donator
    1. Angels of Death - [AoD]

Fixing the keg bomb jumps?!!! Yes! Finally .. :)

meaow likes this.
  2. bobotype

bobotype Catapult Fodder

oh no hey bitch about me that's cool. I don't think this is taking us down a path of Knights being too weak at all. The changes are sensible. Killfeed icons are great, for example. There's no reason to hate those. Stop being mad.

101i likes this.
  3. sangfroid

sangfroid What is your raison d'être? Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

First and foremost, I understand that some of these changes were experimental, I just wanted to leave my thoughts here. I haven't played much in the past week or so but coming back into it after the update and playing a few rounds I feel like I would much rather see the heavy keg stay and see at least a tweaked version of the drop mechanic. I agree that it's definitely more interesting than just increasing the weight of the keg but getting hit by a stray jab to lose a keg altogether is quite discouraging (regarding players purchasing as many kegs in the long run). Also, I'm not saying a jab or arrow from one archer/knight is unmanageable but against even two combatants is probably enough to lose it. My possible suggestion is to have the keg drop after taking two hits (by either sword or arrow) and being able to reset that two hit counter by dropping and re-picking up the keg yourself. This tweak might help to balance the butteriness of kegs atm. Also, after bomb jumps with kegs are readjusted I'd be more than fine with the heavier keg staying (as you can still use cata and bombs). Granted, like I said, I only played a few rounds on maybe 3/4 populated servers so I may have yet to see the value of the keg-drop change in the long term. Also just wanted to say thanks for the awesome other changes in the update - your work is not unappreciated (that sk8rgurl head is allmine!)

P.S. I also wanted to tack on a suggestion (made by Duplolas - to get it some more attention) of making mines immune to slashes (and maybe terrain damage) until they are activated as I think this would encourage more people to use mines without terribly unbalancing anything.

tl;dr Keep heavy kegs, lose or tweak the keg-drops.

Mazey and bobotype like this.
  4. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

One of the better updates in a while i will have to jump in and try it out tonight. Im also glad you are trying out some experimental things! Also everyone quit your bitching and give @Geti constructive feedback, not OMFG FAGGOT KNIGHT SUCKS NOW!

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  5. Leo

Leo Haxor

From my point of view, as a server owner, I like the fact that, at last, I can edit ctf_vars without the server being flagged as custom. I have input a timer and no more endless stalemates, lag festivals, rounds ::):

bobotype and Mazey like this.
  6. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

Oh god fuck timer, please have it be at least 20min.

7. bobotype

bobotype Catapult Fodder

Excellent idea, being hit by a stray arrow and dropping it entirely seems a bit unfair.

Mazey likes this.
  8. Leo

Leo Haxor

Hey! 70 minutes should be more than enough.

Mazey likes this.
  9. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

The slash, whether it's upwards, downards or to the front, casts the same animation. The angle of it is pretty big, imo ofc, so sometimes if you're slashing you can hit players at your back -place the cursor up or down, the hitbox will reach your back.
    I'd like to see different animations to be casted for different slashes -down, front, up-.
    The wight of the keg seems a bit too much, you can't throw it far, only drop it, even with some momentum.
    le't see how this goes on.
    thanks for the work

Last edited: May 4, 2014
  10. BanakaI1

BanakaI1 Shipwright

Arrows causing kegs to drop is kind of ridiculous, I'd rather that you could detonate it early with a bomb arrow, or light it with a fire arrow. (douse it with a water arrow maybe?)

Potatobird and Konfitur like this.
  11. bobotype

bobotype Catapult Fodder

Yeah, hell, I'm all for Archer being more powerful and this seems OP to me, being able to repeatedly deny a Keg carrier. Of course, it should also encourage group pushes with allied Knights to Shield you. We'll see how it works out after people have played around with it a bit more I guess.

Mazey likes this.
  12. Yantex

Yantex :^)) Donator
    1. Angels of Death - [AoD]

[quote="everyone quit your bitching and give @Geti constructive feedback, not OMFG FAGGOT KNIGHT SUCKS NOW![/quote]

What Noburu said.

meaow likes this.
  13. emasame

emasame Bison Rider

cant wait to have some free time to drop some forward platform towers as builder

14. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Is it just me or has there been a lot more burning in this update

15. kedram

kedram Drill Rusher Tester

Geti, i think good changes would be to make knights shield a little bit larger than they are right now, nothing like it used to be but still, sometimes knights get hit in the wierdest ways and it looks like some attacks go through shields now. so far tho these changes seem to be good accept for the keg one which already has been pointed out.

16. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

except that slashes arent directional and have a fixed hitbox

17. playing on a server with 3-5 archers just spamming lego shots from their base is horrible

18. Boea

Boea Such Beta

So they finally changed slashes from hitscan sprays, to a hit box?
    Hm, didn't see that in the update notes, otherwise, they are still the damn same, and are directional, not segmented like jabs.

19. Rayne

it's a raycast, i said hitbox for simplicity's sake.

hitboxes wouldnt be viable unless they were very small, as you need to account for tiles in the way

20. Rayne

just checked the code and it is indeed directional, in earlier builds this was not the case and should either be reverted or updated with new anims, although i bet you'll choose the former @Geti

Noburu and 101i like this.