1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

auskag.com server

Discussion in 'Server Directory' started by Static, Oct 25, 2011.

Mods: jackitch
  1. Foxodi

Foxodi KAG Guard Tester

Derp, 'Official Australian Server' is hosted by aus-kag.com? They are both hosted by static.

2. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

Then why the huge disparody?

3. Foxodi

Foxodi KAG Guard Tester

I haven't noticed it. But then I could never tell you which one I was on; I swap inbetween them after every single game (building is boring :p)

Asterix likes this.
  4. Wonkyth

Hah, no wonder I never see you build!

5. Vikthar

Vikthar Shipwright

I was under the impression they were hosted and operated by different peeps.

6. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

You should try it. Building can be highly gratifying - particularly when a structure you built slaughters a bunch of enemy knights. :D

I swear, Foxodi, if builders got kills for enemies dying because of their structures I'd have twice the kills you do. ;)

Noburu likes this.
  7. Foxodi

Foxodi KAG Guard Tester

Building was highly gratifying pre-190. Watching my stone mountain take the enemy just as long to get through as they did the rest of the puny base; and building spike pits hidden by layers of trap bridges, so deep that everyone that fell died. Those were the days. Now building feels pointless because the game is deathmatch.

8. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

I wouldn't say that's building's nerfed, but yes - it does require more thought/work to get the same results.

I think the worst part is other builders who've retained a pre-190 mindset. Man can they stuff things up!

9. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Any server that only relies on the guards for order is asking for trouble, which seems the be the majority of them.

10. Vikthar

Vikthar Shipwright

As much as I agree with most of whats going around we are not powerless to help out. We may not be ablke to ban but we can push votes and encourage the less vocal ones to back the votes. Also reporting on the forums with relevent proof goes a long way, no doubt.

11. Wonkyth

I do my best.

12. Static

Static Shopkeep Stealer

I have given the rcon password to two guy that I think can do a good job.

So I hope this will solve some of the hackers/griefers issues.

When you see hackers/griefers please let me know the names so when I see them they can be banned.

13. Static

Static Shopkeep Stealer

I host both that is correct.

Hosted by me ... Operated by diff peeps... Geti as all the admin details for the other server not me. - I am lead to believe that he has modified some of the configs to what he likes as well.

14. Static

Static Shopkeep Stealer

Have updated server to 203.

Let us know how u think the updates are.

15. Darksteel

Darksteel The see me Boulderin', they hatin'. Donator
    1. Australians United Stand Strong - AUSS - (Invite Only)

The maps seem to be pretty plain and repetititive now, the build time is annoyingly short with less then 10 ppl, and one team always charges and wins basically straight away, could you change it a little bit next time your on static?

16. Asterix

Asterix Shopkeep Stealer

Personally I would love to see a deeper map - underground battles and fortifications dont really seem to be a major part!

17. Darksteel

Darksteel The see me Boulderin', they hatin'. Donator
    1. Australians United Stand Strong - AUSS - (Invite Only)

Yeah, I'll agree with that, a massive tunnel battle is something I would love to see.

18. Foxodi

Foxodi KAG Guard Tester

Theres that euro? server that has the maps with 3 massive hills. Good tunneling action there - I too once craved it, but after awhile I realize that map is pretty shit.

19. Asterix

Asterix Shopkeep Stealer

I havent actually played on it, but I dont like the sound of 3 hills! I love the current layout of one big hill, but im not exactly fussed whether the map changes, i just love a bit of cage fighting underground!

20. Foxodi

Foxodi KAG Guard Tester

These arent hills, these are fucking mountains. underground can be a bitch at times due to the buggy nature of diagonal hits. Flat tunnels are fantastic to throw bombs in though

FuzzyBlueBaron and Asterix like this.
Mods: jackitch