1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Environmental deaths in TDM

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by NinjaCell, May 3, 2014.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. NinjaCell

NinjaCell Haxor

I feel that deaths due to falling, spikes etc in TDM should have some sort of negative repercussions, such as losing a kill. People can easily suicide at any point to replenish their health and escape danger.

Jlordo and Auburn like this.
  2. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Losing a kill isn't a negative repercussion... it doesn't affect the actual game at all.

That said, I don't tend to see people suiciding when they're at low health. It's not that hard to go pick up some hearts. You still have to wait the respawn time when you suicide, that's a negative repercussion. And I never see anyone suiciding when they're in danger. When you can so easily turn fights around, why would you waste valuable time trying to suicide?

3. Jepton

Jepton Shipwright

K/d in a game isn't very important at all. The re-spawn timer is the only repercussion.

4. NinjaCell

NinjaCell Haxor

I didn't mean a K/D kill. When you kill an enemy and lose a heart or two, you can kill yourself and escape. It's more used in matches with a smaller number of players though. You see archers do it a lot when they are grappling on island maps.

5. Potatobird

I think if you see archers dying due to environmental reasons it's more likely that they just messed up their grapple and fell to their death, lol.

And why would you want to escape in this game? Unless you're an archer that's in over his head, (in which case you can usually grapple away,) your enemies will probably be happy that you killed yourself, because then you don't get to do any more damage. It's not like they'd go "Oh, darn, he killed himself, now we don't have to kill him and risk our hearts"

And if you didn't mean a k/d kill then what did you mean?

6. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

NinjaCell, I understand your problem and I think it would be easy to fix.

Instead of making the kills count, make the deaths count.

The first team that gets some deaths loses, instead of the first team that gets some kills wins.

Good?

NinjaCell likes this.
  7. NinjaCell

NinjaCell Haxor

Yeah, that's a good idea. Only problem I can see is griefers, but then they could do the same running in to get killed. Anyway, they would be easy to catch and kick if that was a problem. That would also sort deaths by fire from fire arrows.

8. Potatobird

Oops I'm a fucking idiot. I thought he was talking about take the halls for whatever reason. I take everything I said back

NinjaCell likes this.
  9. PandemicCommander

PandemicCommander Shipwright

We REALLY need a way to count fire arrow deaths, yeah. I can't see griefers being more of a problem than usual, theyll probably stick to CTF and TTH breaking things.

10. bout

bout Shark Slayer

Griefer scum suiciding to make their team lose.

11. PandemicCommander

PandemicCommander Shipwright

Could always just have suicides be -1 point to your team.
    Besides, a griefer can already just run in and get killed as archers if he wanted.

Mods: Rainbows